Sponsored

Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford?

Which is the worst?

• Total voters

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You ordered these things a couple months ago, knowing full well that there were issues with the hardtops. Webasto's issues have been bandied about, on this forum, since before the opening of the ordering process (not a YEAR ago, but a few MONTHS ago).
I ordered in January and refuse to get a soft top, period. The issue with the tops hasn't seemed as dire until just a couple months ago. We shouldn't be having to settle for shit we don't want on a $50k vehicle in the hopes of just getting it this damn year.

Ford and Webasto had nearly an entire year before production even began after the reveal. Stop making excuses for their incompetence.
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every single one is the worst therefore I will not cast my vote!!

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I'd say some folks took the reservation thing way too seriously, like etched in stone ten commandments seriously. :) And it was never going to work out that rigidly.
That and the overabundance of passion mixed with self-entitlement.

Reactions: Axe

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered in January and refuse to get a soft top, period. The issue with the tops hasn't seemed as dire until just a couple months ago. We shouldn't be having to settle for shit we don't want on a $50k vehicle in the hopes of just getting it this damn year.

Ford and Webasto had nearly an entire year before production even began after the reveal. Stop making excuses for their incompetence.
You don't have to settle. You can choose to go with exactly what you want. You'll just have to wait for it. Is your next argument going to be "we shouldn't HAVE to wait!!! </pouty lip>"?

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. Walk away, if you really don't like it. No one cares.

Ford Bronco Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford? giphy

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't have to settle. You can choose to go with exactly what you want. You'll just have to wait for it. Is your next argument going to be "we shouldn't HAVE to wait!!! </pouty lip>"?

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. Walk away, if you really don't like it. No one cares.

Ford Bronco Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford? giphy
I'm doing EXACTLY what I want and buying EXACTLY what I want...the thread is about what is the greatest PR disaster for which I gave my response. If you don't agree that's fine but don't come in a thread quote me and try to white knight Ford in here. If you feel as though they've done a bang up job awesome! go to another thread to discuss it as this is not what this is about.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm doing EXACTLY what I want and buying EXACTLY what I want...the thread is about what is the greatest PR disaster for which I gave my response. If you don't agree that's fine but don't come in a thread quote me and try to white knight Ford in here. If you feel as though they've done a bang up job awesome! go to another thread to discuss it as this is not what this is about.
Awesome! Finally, someone who admits to be getting exactly what they want. Congratulations!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco6g thread stay on topic? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GTFOH with that mess. First, I am 44, call that young if you want, but I am older enough to have driven the Pinto (push start anyone).

Ford did cover it up, and they hid the truth, which was the Pinto had design flaw that led to thousands of burning deaths and tens of thousands of burn injuries.

"four years of research into the causes of vehicular fires, the NHTSA discovered that “during that time, nearly 9,000 people burned to death in flaming wrecks. Tens of thousands more were badly burned and scarred for life. And the four-year delay meant that over 10 million new unsafe vehicles went on the road"
Um, I think you are misinterpreting the quote. That quote doesn't refer to Ford Pinto fires, but all vehicular fires. The Pinto was responsible for hundreds, not thousands of vehicular fire deaths. I'm not saying that excuses the situation, just saying if you're gonna tell someone to "GTFOH with that mess," you probably should not make a mess yourself. :)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I stand corrected on the quote, but if you are going through give me a hard time about me giving somebody else a hard time, then you should learn to use the "comment quote" function properly. 😋

Anyway, when asking a question about the greatest PR disaster, to put "new Bronco roof delays" in the same conversation as the Pinto...yeah, they can gtfoh with that.

Last edited:

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pick up to 3.

For me, it's the dealers getting units to sell, however they got them, while many of you sit and watch and wonder what year you'll have one.
Can I pick the whole hardtop fiasco three times? Once for not getting me my painted top, once for not letting me buy both a hard top and soft top like I wanted, and once for delaying me for a hardtop I really didn't want in the first place, but thought I had to get if I ever wanted a rear wiper on a hardtop I might purchase later. I know they just fixed the last one, but it sure took them a long time.

Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean..... Can we add the Elephant in the room to this poll :p
hahahaha

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean..... Can we add the Elephant in the room to this poll :p
hahahaha
Yeah, taking away BRONCO from the Dirt Mountain stickers!!!!

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands