Sponsored

Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford?

Which is the worst?

• Total voters

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fun thread but wish I could (appropriately) vote 3x for the hard top nonsense. Utter shenanigans. Tomfoolery. Charlie Foxtrot. SNAFU. FUBAR!
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this a joke? Of course it’s the pinto and that is from before I was born or parents even knew each other.
Yup. People actually died, from the Pinto mess. A few folks not getting exactly what they want, exactly when they think they deserve it, hardly measures up. At least, it shouldn't. Apparently, the poll suggests that waiting a little longer is worse than burning to death.

Maybe, my priorities are wrong.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Firestone/Ford Exploder (err Explorer) fiasco.

Those bastards still owe me a set of tires from the Wilderness HTs that delaminated on my Ranger in under 800 miles. I'm still angry to the point where I am actually pretty pissed that my Bronco is going to come with Bridegstones on it.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many people do you think will die? Or are you still stuck on the ridiculously unimportant stuff like minor delays?
Not to be too dark but I'm guessing a couple in the next few years as people go off roading and get themselves in a right mess.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to be too dark but I'm guessing a couple in the next few years as people go off roading and get themselves in a right mess.
So, sticking with the "it's all Ford's fault" theme, how many deaths do you think will happen? We have already come to the conclusion that minor delays are far more impactful, than burning to death; and some believe we haven't even seen the worst of this "disaster." So, how bad will it get? How bad does it have to get to surpass the horrors of not absolutely sticking to the timeline or dealers getting some stock before reservation holders?

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You folks certainly got way off-road on this one. Hope you have a long winch cable....

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, sticking with the "it's all Ford's fault" theme, how many deaths do you think will happen? We have already come to the conclusion that minor delays are far more impactful, than burning to death; and some believe we haven't even seen the worst of this "disaster." So, how bad will it get? How bad does it have to get to surpass the horrors of not absolutely sticking to the timeline or dealers getting some stock before reservation holders?
Well, going by all the wailing and whining on the forum it's pretty clear that people having to wait for their Broncos far exceeds burning to death.

Sadly that is the other side of social media like forums, while it gives you access to unprecedented information it also becomes a platform for complaining. Sometimes it's like digging through a pile of poop to find a gold nugget.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, going by all the wailing and whining on the forum it's pretty clear that people having to wait for their Broncos far exceeds burning to death.

Sadly that is the other side of social media like forums, while it gives you access to unprecedented information it also becomes a platform for complaining. Sometimes it's like digging through a pile of poop to find a gold nugget.

giphy.gif
Amen. This ain't life or death. It's waiting for something you want and can't have. The usual story of our lives, actually....

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amen. This ain't life or death. It's waiting for something you want and can't have. The usual story of our lives, actually....
The difference is that pre-social media you would complain to your SO (who knew how to not listen) or to your cat (who wished they were deaf).

Despite the downsides I do like knowing details like how many Broncos the factory can actually make, knowing there are delays, and things like that. Things your dealer doesn't know and it would be nearly impossible to find out.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol, as someone who is considering a jeep purchase and is a first day reservation holder, I would definitely say it has to be Reservations don’t mean squat, coupled with dealers getting inventory over reservation holders….and yes, I know Ford gives two F$&ks as to my opinion

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The difference is that pre-social media you would complain to your SO (who knew how to not listen) or to your cat (who wished they were deaf).

Despite the downsides I do like knowing details like how many Broncos the factory can actually make, knowing there are delays, and things like that. Things your dealer doesn't know and it would be nearly impossible to find out.
Hey, no matter what I drive, I’ll still wave to you on the trail. If you were lucky enough to get your Bronco, I’d sure not hate on those that were not.
Sponsored