Sponsored

Who is Paying These Used Bronco Prices??????

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my guess is we are a lot further from the end of this chip shortage than we have been told and used car dealers are trying to get ahead of the supply shortage again.
Qualcomm quoted this week saying chip shortage should be good by EOY.
Intel quoted this week as saying chip shortage will last into 2024.
So WTF knows?
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think they are selling, the economy is in the toilet. We drove to our FL condo on Monday, not many boats in the water for summer, I think it is the gas prices. Far less tourists; again gas and high costs.

People can only extend credit for so long.

Anyway, the Ford dealership has the same Bronco from a year ago on the lot. They bolted a bunch of shit on and added ADM.

It hasn't moved.
Agree 100%ā€¦

Listed and sold are two different things. Iā€™d be interested to see the number of days these big markups sit on the lot. Consumers werenā€™t going to tolerate above MSRP forever on non specialty vehicles.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess on the plus side I have noticed over priced used Broncos drop in price even with First Editions.

Most Broncos have been sitting for months with no buyers, some dropping 10k or more on their prices. The used market has slowed a tad even with other cars that arenā€™t Broncos. Which is good in my mind.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am completely torn over here, for the fun of it two weeks ago I put my 2021 2DR base bronco through Carvana pricing to see what they gave for an offer. I was shocked to see $40,600 on my $29,995 build. Well last night I entered it again and the offer is now up to $46,000 for a base bronco with manual trans. I'm highly contemplating just selling and re-ordering through my dealer again at MSRP which would now be $32,995 for the same truck and about another year or so wait after the August ordering resumes again. Who in their right mind is paying these prices that Carvana is willing to pay me $46k??????
Who gives a shit who is buying it from Carvana, drive it over tomorrow and score 50% appreciation and reorder. You can basically get bumped to a Badlands/Wildtrack for free.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But you were interested enough to look up how much they'd offer you though......
Cost is related to value and Bronco value is higher than MSRP. Itā€™s not necessarily high compared to other vehicles, uniqueness , enjoyment and utility. Paying higher than MSRP does not mean value. If you get a vehicle you love itā€™s worth it.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am completely torn over here, for the fun of it two weeks ago I put my 2021 2DR base bronco through Carvana pricing to see what they gave for an offer. I was shocked to see $40,600 on my $29,995 build. Well last night I entered it again and the offer is now up to $46,000 for a base bronco with manual trans. I'm highly contemplating just selling and re-ordering through my dealer again at MSRP which would now be $32,995 for the same truck and about another year or so wait after the August ordering resumes again. Who in their right mind is paying these prices that Carvana is willing to pay me $46k??????
That offer is insane. Went I tried Carvana for my basesquatch, they first offered about 5k over msrp.
Later on with about 3k miles on it, they offered a few thousand less than msrp.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My daughter just finished working as a personal assistant for a somewhat-famous woman married to a top Hollywood agent who represents a slew of actors youā€™d all recognize. A few months ago he was on the phone in the $14 million dollar Malibu home they live in and he was telling some buyer agent he was bored with his car (that he had for 4 months) and to get him something retro, popular and cool to drive by Wednesday (it was Monday). And it had to be black, because the entire family only drives black vehicles. On Tuesday evening a $250k or so 70ā€™s Bronco was delivered at the front gate. He didnā€™t give a crap what it cost, and paid a guy to pick it out. Didnā€™t care about brand, model or engine. Just retro, popular, cool and black by Wednesday. Why Wednesday? The family was heading to a ski trip in the Swiss Alps on Thursday and he wanted to see it before he left.

There are people who just donā€™t care because they donā€™t need to, at different levels, and when supply is low and demand high they win.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess on the plus side I have noticed over priced used Broncos drop in price even with First Editions.

Most Broncos have been sitting for months with no buyers, some dropping 10k or more on their prices. The used market has slowed a tad even with other cars that arenā€™t Broncos. Which is good in my mind.
I hope cars keep sitting this is ridiculous with the prices they charging

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they offer something like that to me, Iā€™d jump on it and reorder. Then buy a Jeep Gladiator while I wait lol

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
... Who in their right mind is paying these prices that Carvana is willing to pay me $46k??????
People here on this site. Not uncommon to see posts with various excuses for paying ADM. That's the Bronco scene - for now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Local Volvo dealer (of all things) had a 4-door floppy top, stripped down manual BB (used with 617 miles), in charcoal gray listed for $57k that just sold.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The people who is paying the crazy prices for a used Bronco or any vehicle and the someone going around saying they paid under MSRP ,most never well tell the truth .

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was talking to my dealer about it last time I was there, becauseā€¦ honestlyā€¦ it seems really far fetched that someone would buy some of these vehicles. Boy was I in for a shock.

They had an customer who bought a 2020 F-150 Raptor from them for a little over MSRP cost. Nine months later he came in and traded in his F-150 Raptor (said he got bored with it) for a First Edition Bronco they had on the lot for $98,000. Drove that around for 3 months, decided he didnā€™t like it, traded it back in for a brand new fully loaded 2021 F-150 Raptor that was selling for just shy of $160,000.

Showed up 4 months later and placed an order for an F-150 Lighting Platinumā€”which for those who are unawareā€¦ is a $90,000+ MSRP vehicle.

Some people just have too much money.
some people just buy like they got to much money but really dont .

BUFFBRONCOS

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Id probably do it. New order and get more options if you want to
I was just curious so I put in my info on Carvana. They came back with, "You've stumped us! We'll have to contact an appraisal expert." And then a "click here to create an account and get started". Eh, no thanks, I'm not that curious.
I was waiting to see that. I also did that same thing here in Buffalo. Kind of interested to find out..
Sponsored