First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m so glad so many people voiced their opinions. I mainly asked because I was worried there was some fundamental flaw that I was missing and wasting my money. Sounds like a majority don’t like the painted flares. I’m just an odd duck and love them. After reading all the comments, I’m a bit concerned about my resale value, but I’ve also contemplated this being my son’s first car (he’s 5). Now if I can just get it before he’s 16...
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The colored flares argument is the silliest. With how easy it is to remove them, it shouldn't be the determining factor of a trim. Someone can polish up their Bronco for a Saturday night with the colored flares and take them off or switch them out for Sunday Funday riding.

The OBX offers the cheapest entry point for the High package. For some, it is important, but it won't make their Bronco any less capable. Now, there is a legitimate argument for Missy's Mistake and the interior. But for some options and colors, it isn't the worst.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
The colored flares argument is the silliest. With how easy it is to remove them, it shouldn't be the determining factor of a trim. Someone can polish up their Bronco for a Saturday night with the colored flares and take them off or switch them out for Sunday Funday riding. QUOTE]

I can see having three sets of those flares SaS for winter , regular for trails , fancy for cruising

And just wait till the aftermarket gets rolling

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't hate the OBX per se, I just hate the 18s and the painted Flares on the stock model. Squatch it, and it becomes a damned fine looking beast. That's just me though, and I'm certainly not going to denigrate anyone who likes and is buying a stock OBX.
Yeah, good points. I hadn’t thought about the 18s, but they definitely hurt the look badly. Good looking 16 or 17” rims, bigger tires, black flares, and running board removal go a long way to make the truck look awesome.

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hate this thread. I hate it because prior to me reading it, I had finally settled on a 2-Door Badlands after months of going back and forth. Now, I'm reconsidering an Outer Banks.

When all of this madness started, I began by reserving a 2-Door Big Bend. I moved away from that once I decided that I couldn't live with just the Mid package. I jumped to the OBX for a bit, but didn't stay long because I don't like the tires or the interior. When I looked at the Black Diamond, the lack of signature lighting as an option ruined it for me. Yeah...I know I probably could get them aftermarket. But, I'm not that dude. I want my Bronco the way I want it when I pick it up. All of the above led me to the BL.

Although it's overkill for my use case and more money than I thought I'd be spending on a new SUV, the BL has everything I need, want, and more. I've been dead set on it for weeks...until this post.

If I get over not wanting to deal with aftermarket additions, a 2-Door OBX in Carbonized Gray with 33s would be dope as hell. I just gotta decide if I can live with the interior and appreciate the money saved.

Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have 2 reservations for OBX- 2 dr and 4 dr. I’m going two door. I also love the same color all over the vehicle and I love the roast interior, and the side steps since I come in at a whopping 4’11” and 110lbs. I have also strongly considered the BL for the 33” tires. But in all honesty I will never come close to using the off road capabilities the BL comes with. I’m back to my original idea of Race Red 2 Dr OBX 2.7l Lux pkg. I’ll save the extra money ?. I will love MY Bronco build!!!! No one else’s opinion is important to me. ??‍♀

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I commented about this in another thread as well. Let them gatekeep and enjoy what you want. I really like the painted fender flares and was planning on getting them as well as matched top for my FE. The OBX is just as capable as any other Bronco without the sway bar, the painted fender flares don’t make it perform worse. Here’s a photoshop I did with a Sasquatch package and the painted flares and top.

Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? ED936CB5-702B-407E-8798-B03D6E6EB6D7

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

David I am probably old enough to be your dad. One thing I have learned in life is to purchase what you want and don't worry about what other people think. If you are the one making the payment then get what you like and enjoy it!!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m so glad so many people voiced their opinions. I mainly asked because I was worried there was some fundamental flaw that I was missing and wasting my money. Sounds like a majority don’t like the painted flares. I’m just an odd duck and love them. After reading all the comments, I’m a bit concerned about my resale value, but I’ve also contemplated this being my son’s first car (he’s 5). Now if I can just get it before he’s 16...
I wouldn't worry about that Dave. Check out the resale on Jeep Sahara's. It only matters that it's a Jeep. And like any other used vehicle, the more options the more the resale value. I expect the Bronco's to be on the same level of resale.

One of the main reasons I bought my Wrangler new is the resale prices in my area. They are insane, and it only cost a little more for a new one.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I saw it in another thread but I'll plagiarize: It would actually make sense for Ford to back off to three trims a Base (maybe with BB and BD equipment group options) for us po' folk, the OBX for the upscale suburban types, and the BL/WT for upscale off roaders. Six or seven trims have lead to a lot of anxiety here.

Gotta say this monotone OBSquatch is Bueno!

Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? 1607896251920
Sponsored