Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door:
1 I call my truck my dog’s condo. He needs a bed and his own chair and window. And he’s getting older and a ramp is in his future.
2 I like to haul toys, paddleboards, snowboards, mini camping smoker, etc.
3 When wifey and I go camping it turns into our condo.
4 I don’t feel like I am losing out on anything by going 4door besides gas mileage (and total up front cost of 7k)
Sponsored

Reactions: DHC

ThePayola

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
The Wrangler is the closest thing we can compare it to, and there seems to be far higher demand and better resale for the 4-doors. They seem to fit most people’s lifestyles better.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before I gave the bronco any real consideration I was looking at an AWD challenger (2 doors) as my next car. I like the idea of a smaller vehicle & I have ALWAYS thought the 4 door wranglers looks so wrong!

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting my bronco on a budget...2 door manual 4 banger for now... got a kid in college and another going in a few years.

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2D because Im selfish.

I would assume the 4D with 2.7L automatic trans would have the best resale value simply because there would be a larger market interested in it. However, maintaining it well and keeping a log of it will help keep the value of any car.

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m English and like driving big Trucks . That’s Stereotyping us .
like saying Americans can’t drive a Stick shift. Which happened to be about 70% of the ones I’ve met?
That’s why ford isn’t pushing the manual transmission ?
Not this guy, I driven my fair share and do so til this Very day. I also lived in UK and drove manual for those four years in the opposite side of the road and seat. ?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That means your in the 30% that can drive a stick?
Go to most places in Europe and the uk and see how many auto trans you see.
When I go home to visit they always ask if I need a auto trans because they assume I’m America. It’s true . Why do you think you can get nearly every auto brand in stick everywhere els except in the US ?
So true, it’s the opposite from the U.S. I think I even saw mountain bikes with manual shifting?

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door because 2 kids in car seats. 4 month old and 3 yr old. So will have 2 car seats for years to come.

My wife use to have an FJ cruiser.
I would rather get kicked in the huevos than try to get a kid in/out of a car seat in a two door.

this will be an extra/for fun vehicle so I have thought about the two door. But I think my kids will love riding around with the top off. The hassle of the two door isn’t worth it. If I didn’t have car seat age kids I would get a 2 door.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Most enthusiast will get the 2 door (and there are plenty on this forum) but once the dust settles, for every 10 broncos sold only 2 will be a 2-door.

though I must admit, the 2door bronco is a looker. On the flip side, I think the 4 door wrangler looks much better than the 2door wrangler

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2-Door. It's going to be dramatically more FUN. Lighter / Faster / Agile. If I need to haul a bunch of junk or bunch of people; we can use someone else's rig.

I believe the 2-Door will hold its value better. Looks much better (more unique). Better on trails by far. It will be more rare (most spouces will think they 'need' 4-Doors, and buyers will succumb to spousal pressure).

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2-Door. It's going to be dramatically more FUN. Lighter / Faster / Agile. If I need to haul a bunch of junk or bunch of people; we can use someone else's rig.

I believe the 2-Door will hold its value better. Looks much better (more unique). Better on trails by far. It will be more rare (most spouces will think they 'need' 4-Doors, and buyers will succumb to spousal pressure).
Dramatically? Nah. Look at your laptop screen. Thats how much bigger the 4 door is.
Im going 2 door but we all saw how the 4 door tore up trails most owners here will never even attempt. Resale will be fine on both. Way more interested folks in the 4 doors tho. I think the general public will like the look of the 4 door better (the main draw is open air and it does look amazing with doors and roof off).

but who cares about resale? Let’s enjoy these.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own a 2 door Wrangler and its been perfect. No reason for me to switch it up, so it'll be 2 door Bronco. I prefer the look, no need for the extra space and it is a little cheaper. All wins for me.

I will say the 4 door Bronco looks way better than the 4 door Wrangler does. I'm just glad folks have the options now.

Resale is a absolute mystery. It would be nice if they hold up like the Wrangler does. Seeing that the Jeep I bought brand new for $21k in 2011 has a trade in value of $17,500 in 2020 is pretty amazing and will be a excellent down payment! :D

Reactions: DHC

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
I've owned 4 Jeep Wrangers, all when I was single btw

2 - 2 doors
2 - 4 doors

I owned the 2 doors first. Piling people and stuff into the back seat is a pain in the ass. I enjoyed the 4 door Jeeps way more than the 2 door. Also, I like to mountain bike and ski and I can throw that stuff in the back with the seats folded down. Can't do that in a 2 door. Lastly, the ride quality of the 4 door on the highway is noticeably better.

I'm getting the 4 door for sure and I have two kids now.

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've owned 4 Jeep Wrangers, all when I was single btw

2 - 2 doors
2 - 4 doors

I owned the 2 doors first. Piling people and stuff into the back seat is a pain in the ass. I enjoyed the 4 door Jeeps way more than the 2 door. Also, I like to mountain bike and ski and I can throw that stuff in the back with the seats folded down. Can't do that in a 2 door. Lastly, the ride quality of the 4 door on the highway is noticeably better.

I'm getting the 4 door for sure and I have two kids now.
Ride quality is important since it will be my daily! Thanks ?

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly I do like the look of the 2 door better. But I’m not spending this much money on a car just for looks, I’m buying it because it will get me where I want to go with husband, 1 kid (one and done for us) and a dog. If I had to deal with getting stuff in and out of a two door car I might have a full on meltdown in the parking lot. Not worth it. No plans for rock crawling so 4 door will be just fine.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc