Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door, because the 2 door doesnt interest me.
Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thought exactly, then my wife vetoed the 2 door because ā€œwe will be taking the grand kids with usā€. šŸ˜³
Have them little ones climb in the back seat bro!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the 2 door but they made the 4 door look right, I like that I can store the doors and front tops and drive around with them 1and I get storage and can take 5 of us on a vacstion,and put the dog in the back
Fido wonā€™t fit in the back if you are driving around with 5 people and the doors in the back. Youā€™d be better off with the 2dr and leave the doors at home so thereā€™ll be room for mans best friend. šŸ˜‰

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want a four door so it a more convenient for passengers... but I rarely will have four people.

I do carpool tho, so one of my coworkers will have to climb in the back of my two door. I hope that doesnā€™t cause too much bitching.

I want the 2 dr for ease of parking in the city.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2-Door, until my wife gently reminded me that I will be taking grandkids In car seats.

so, ordered the 4-door.

I think they are both good choices. And I actually think the 4-door will hold the value better as there is a large market for them. Thought about this and figured someone had already done research on Jeepā€™s, Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) had less depreciation than the 2-door.

https://tflcar.com/2019/10/if-you-want-a-car-that-holds-its-resale-value-buy-a-jeep-wrangler/

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2-door because it looks badass. I'm still convinced that anyone saying 4-door looks better is just coping with the fact that their spouse vetoed the 2-door.
I am convinced that people buy the 2 door because they can't afford the 4 door and its better than nothing.;)

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 door definitely looks better with top on and top off, and with only having one 6yr old child, no worries about having enough space. Plus, we have other 4 door 5 passebger vehicles in the fleet if push comes to shove and we need to haul more people.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was absolutely a 4 dr. But just switched to a 2 dr. Kids grown and I want a midlife crisis vehicle. 4 dr is nice, but I think I will enjoy the 2 dr more. Back seats will be down most of the time, Iā€™ll get a basket for the roof when needed. 99% of the time it will be just me & perhaps the hubs, so I am not sacrificing the 1% for anyone else. Theyā€™ll figure it out.
I know I will lose a few perks if the 4, but I always felt with the 4 that I was compromising the whole spirit of why I ever wanted it in the first place!

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door will hold value better as it will be more in demand. Even here on an enthusiast board the take rate of four door is higher put that out in the real world and folks will opt for the ease of extra doors even more. I also look at Jeep Wranglers for which I see about a 4 to 1 ratio of 4 door to 2.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the 4 door better. I think it looks better....particularly with SAS and the roof and doors off. I saw it in person yesterday and loved it...and it's got more room for trips / hunting / fishing / beach. Perfect size as a toy and for overlanding and some trips out West. It's just better all around IMO, except for the breakover angle which I can work with and is still decent.

I don't give a crap about resale as this is a toy I will keep for a long long time, but anything on resale is just speculation. Wrangler resale is fine in both versions.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 door will hold value better as it will be more in demand. Even here on an enthusiast board the take rate of four door is higher put that out in the real world and folks will opt for the ease of extra doors even more. I also look at Jeep Wranglers for which I see about a 4 to 1 ratio of 4 door to 2.
Iā€™m not 100% certain thatā€™ll be the case down the road. Generally speaking, niche vehicles hold value better by their rarity, and the fact that the 4dr is so plentiful I feel will work against it as it pertains to value do to its mass sales and future availability. I just traded in my 04 Ranger with a V6 and manual transmission and it was sold before it hit the lot simply because of the MT being more rare and desirable than the automatic. Time will tell I suppose.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Going with 4 door - we have dogs that go on vacation with us. I am betting the values in relation to purchase price will track like the wranglers. There will always be a gap between 2 and 4 doors but retained value percentages are likely similar. All depends on whether Ford gets these right in the first year or if they end up with major recalls or issues. Hoping not since we are all rolling the dice in ordering first year Broncos.
Sponsored