Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This most likely will be my last new vehicle purchase
I hope
To drive the Bronco I to the ground

So I want a little extra bells and whistles for my everyday vehicle
Base is a killer deal but it doesn’t have all the options I want...

Good on you if this is what trips the ole trigger
Sponsored

OP
OP

Indiana1234

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because I like all the gadgets and other luxury options I can get with a badlands, and still have the badass offroad options.
I have a 2019 honda accord also with navigation lane keep assist active cruise control and etc. It all is a joke i end up using my android phone with android auto for all navigation and music the lane keep assist is a novelty that you will use like 3 times and active cruise control will make you mad because if someone cuts over to close to you it will apply brakes and piss off people behind you.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you hack into my build?
LOL, exactly !!!!

BaseManSquatch

Velocity Blue , AMB , ...... possibly A51 or on the outside chance.. CyOr

I'll add heated seats myself, maybe some tunes depending how integrated or shitty the stereo is and a hitch.
That Fluff is not worth the 10k jump to a Badlands with mid- etc.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BaseSquatch is what I keep going back to in my build. Even with the winch, bimini top and tube door extras it's still thousands cheaper than anything else I come up with.

But I want the manual so badly......so keep flipping to the Badlands with no Sasquatch.
You're aware the manual Squatch is coming, right? Delayed availability...no word on how long that delay will be yet.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

as far as pure off road ability, base squatch is an insane deal.

My Bronco will spend majority of its time driving me to work, and sitting in traffic so I want bells and whistles. Oh yeah, and it's still gonna have the ability to go off road.
So what trim works for light off tossing, daily driving, and looks good...not under sized???

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've considered it, but the cloth seats and giant plastic grille kill it for me.

So, I bump up to Black Diamond to get MGV. Then, I look at the not having the signature lights, still don't love the grille, and realize I'm only couple grand away from what I really want.

So, I land on a Badlands.
Since high school I’ve always had leather seats, ALWAYS. It seemed “luxurious” and just better than cloth/suede. I got cloth for the first time with my most recent car and will never option for leather again. Whether you live in the hot ass south or cold ass Appalachian Mountains, cloth is more comfortable, ages better, and is softer. MGV is intriguing but I bet I would still prefer cloth. No more swamp ass for me!

N2AK

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 4runner, 1990 Toyota xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
*off roading
I think the BD with the black steelies looks good, would be a capable off road rig as well as a good daily driver. But then again, just swapping to slightly bigger, more aggressive tires on the base would be a great value rig.

bentbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've considered it, but the cloth seats and giant plastic grille kill it for me.

So, I bump up to Black Diamond to get MGV. Then, I look at the not having the signature lights, still don't love the grille, and realize I'm only couple grand away from what I really want.

So, I land on a Badlands.
Same here, it seems like all roads lead to BL.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So what trim works for light off tossing, daily driving, and looks good...not under sized???
For the level of off reading I will be doing, Big Bend or Outer Banks. They put more focus on street driving, but still plenty capable off road. Are they gonna take on the Rubicon no, but they will be more than sufficient for me lol

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been trying to decide between BB and BD, but am now favoring Base with my own upgrades in terms of tires/seat covers. My son has a JL sport. We upgraded the wheels and tires thru tirerack and the dealer switched them out for us before pick up. Now it has a more aggressive stance, is a good DD and can handle light off roading. I'll wait until the Bronco is out to hear what people say about the different trims. But most of the BB/BD options won't be noticed by me. I'll just have to see how the trims look in person.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You aren't off. Best value off roader. For me I was sniffing around the lux SUV market before this dropped. I'm not sure your age but I'm 50's looking to retire soon. I would like to explore off roading but I may just end up having some beers and decide to drive over the ditch in my front yard so this thing gets some suspension travel. I like the capabilities but want some upgrades. Love the way this looks. I may be wanting a Wrangler and Audi Q7 that had one hell of a night together. You will probably be more satisfied with that build. I'm probably not going to come close to using the potential and falling short of creature comforts. Oh well I'm still going to do it.
Same here
Ford Bronco Why Base is best 1604751053230

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
BaseSquatch for me. You get everything you need and nothing you don't. All the vehicles I've owned with interior bells and whistles I never used. They where worthless to me. If I want luxuryand and electronics I'll just sit in my house.

I'll take my extremely capable Off Roader for $38k with the options I chose. It's basically a Wild Track without the Interior creature comforts and 1 or 2 less electronics. The Sasquatch package gives me everything I'll ever need.

Screenshot_20201023-080933_Samsung Internet.jpg

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd consider the base. But with the fact this will probably be the last new vehicle I buy I want a few creature comforts. And most of what I would option myself is included in the mid package. Which bumps up to the Big Bend

110v AC outlet
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Heated seats
BLIS
Remote start

The only things not available in mid that I would want are heated steering wheel, wireless charging and power outlet on the dash for the picatinny rail. But none of those are worth the upsell to higher trims. Have zero interest in any other options, tech or autonomous crap. Maybe we will get lucky and the wiring for the heated steering wheel will already be built in to the harness. So a swap and a flash will all it will take.

I was all about the BD for the MGV and washout interior. But I think I'm over it since the MGV isn't available in lighter colors. I'll just have to deal with a full set of Husky X-Act Contour liners and maybe some Wet Okole seat covers.

Big Bend with a puck lift and 33" pizza cutters and I'll be good.

My build comes to $42,250. That's a BB with 2.7/auto, hard top, mid package, switches and tow package. That's a bargain for me. That gives me almost everything my current Grand Cherokee has. Power seats and heated wheel are the only differences. And it gives me open air and better off road capabilities for pretty much the same price. And a much much better and more fun powertrain.
Sponsored

Last edited: