PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep hearing mgv will be hot in summer time but do we actually know this? I have a black car with black leather seats, as long as I leave my sun shade up it’s not really a problem. I don’t even notice it, I can’t remember if I ever did notice it even when I first got my car. For the record I live in the high desert in CA, it’s usually around 90’s and gets up to 110 for a couple months. I don’t even think my seats get that much colder in winter time compared to normal seats, and I don’t have seat warmers.
Link to after market. $300~, judging by what the wrangler goes for. I'm going Nekid and if I need them, I know where to get them...

https://hotheadheadliners.com/collections/hard-top-headliners
Sponsored

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What size tires did your son put on the JL to make look good and still manage as a DD ??
I got:
Wheels: 17x7.5 MSW Type 77 MT Dark grey
Tires: LT285/70R-17 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 C

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
You aren't off. Best value off roader. For me I was sniffing around the lux SUV market before this dropped. I'm not sure your age but I'm 50's looking to retire soon. I would like to explore off roading but I may just end up having some beers and decide to drive over the ditch in my front yard so this thing gets some suspension travel. I like the capabilities but want some upgrades. Love the way this looks. I may be wanting a Wrangler and Audi Q7 that had one hell of a night together. You will probably be more satisfied with that build. I'm probably not going to come close to using the potential and falling short of creature comforts. Oh well I'm still going to do it.
Sounds like you need a GX460 and maybe a sawzall. The GX is a beast off road and aside from a terrible infotainment system, the cabin is a nice place to be on any drive.

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going base. All I really need and want. 2-door top off cruising around town and in the foothills, back road and ghost town exploring with just the wife.

We’ve got the land yacht that doesoff-roading and highway driving well. But it’s not cool.

Also, the best early Broncos are the original survivors...at least in my mind!I may not even go Sasquatch, if I don’t need it.

Sponsored

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m eyeing the big bend non squatched so I can go aftermarket on a few things. Getting mid package for remote start and the nav.
Just FYI remote start is available on all models via the Fordpass app. Also, the navigation service is a subscription trial that will end in 3 months, unless you start paying for it. Base will come with that too...just not the trial. Big whoop. If those are your only reasons to move up to BB and option the mid, I'd reconsider.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because I want wash out floors. Sasquatching isn’t a big deal, I can use better aftermarket parts later down the road. A larger engine is where I’d put that money.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're aware the manual Squatch is coming, right? Delayed availability...no word on how long that delay will be yet.
BaseManSquatch was the reason I reserved the first week. I know it is back on as a thing, but due to Ford not giving us any sense of what "late availability" is I'll probably just get the V6, add seat heaters and enjoy being able to remote start with the Fordpass.

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just FYI remote start is available on all models via the Fordpass app. Also, the navigation service is a subscription trial that will end in 3 months, unless you start paying for it. Base will come with that too...just not the trial. Big whoop. If those are your only reasons to move up to BB and option the mid, I'd reconsider.

Signature LED lights and Area 51 are available on the BB. I'm sure the aftermarket will be flooded with light options so I'm ok with that. But I'm still undecided on color. I'm also eyeing a couple suspension lifts for price comparison, and my own wheel and tire combo instead of sasquatch. Hoping that the suspension isn't too far off from what's on the Rangers.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the Black Diamond trim. Marine-grade vinyl seats, washout rubber floors, and the 17" steel wheels to me is best suited for a mild off roader. Of all the cars I've had with steel wheels, I've never bent or broken one, and if one gets damaged it will be inexpensive to replace.

No date as to when the 'Squatch will be available with a manual transmission. The "Squatch package gets a few inches more clearance and position-sensing shocks, which will stay position-sensing for how long? I'd like to have the option for a locking front diff, but I'm hoping there will be an aftermarket solution if I think I'll really need one later down the road. The Base can't be had with the factory towing package, which generally adds other equipment, or upgraded equipment than just a Class-2 hitch receiver.

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going base. All I really need and want. 2-door top off cruising around town and in the foothills, back road and ghost town exploring with just the wife.

We’ve got the land yacht that doesoff-roading and highway driving well. But it’s not cool.

Also, the best early Broncos are the original survivors...at least in my mind!I may not even go Sasquatch, if I don’t need it.
But doesn’t base look too low and squished

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you explain how the remote start can be purchased separately through the app ?

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
But doesn’t base look too low and squished
Not too me, at least not the 2-door. I want to get back to basics, and this is perfect for me.

I’ll run the highway tires from Granger in Iowa back to my home in Idaho, and then swap over some slightly taller all-terrains.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not too me, at least not the 2-door. I want to get back to basics, and this is perfect for me.

I’ll run the highway tires from Granger in Iowa back to my home in Idaho, and then swap over some slightly taller all-terrains.
Seems like the base is a low ride similar to suv crossovers
Sponsored