Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since high school I’ve always had leather seats, ALWAYS. It seemed “luxurious” and just better than cloth/suede. I got cloth for the first time with my most recent car and will never option for leather again. Whether you live in the hot ass south or cold ass Appalachian Mountains, cloth is more comfortable, ages better, and is softer. MGV is intriguing but I bet I would still prefer cloth. No more swamp ass for me!
I want the MGV, but I think it will be hot af in the Florida summers, which is 8 months out the year .. not familiar with MGV. But the vinyl in my F150 work truck is brutal at 3pm in August! So if anything like that I'll pass ✌?
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the level of off reading I will be doing, Big Bend or Outer Banks. They put more focus on street driving, but still plenty capable off road. Are they gonna take on the Rubicon no, but they will be more than sufficient for me lol
Exactly. I live in the flatlands of Delaware. My Bronco will see the beach and some light trails. Even when we make the move to NC in a few years there is nothing that would require extreme offroad capabilities.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly. I live in the flatlands of Delaware. My Bronco will see the beach and some light trails. Even when we make the move to NC in a few years there is nothing that would require extreme offroad capabilities.
Exactly same for me. Hell I dont even know where I can go to go off road near illinois hahaha. Probably the first few years my bronco will only get into 4wd when we have snow.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly same for me. Hell I dont even know where I can go to go off road near illinois hahaha. Probably the first few years my bronco will only get into 4wd when we have snow.
There is a place in PA called Rausch Creek that you can go off-roading. But it is a 3 hour drive from me. Not very practical for frequent fun. It has to be a planned in advance trip since you have to make reservations.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base is best for me because my 2Dr Basemansquatch build has almost all of the capability of my Badlands build and $15k less. It’s my 3rd car and will be a weekend, beach toy, fishing rig. It doesn’t need the bells and whistles.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ill never let cloth seats stand in my way again since I discovered Katzkin seat covers. Nicer than any stock leather seats I've ever had, and as a bonus, I get to pick the design and colors.
Yes i dont think everyone has seen how nice aftermarket seat covers are now !! I used coverking ?katzskin are good and i have been on the ruff tuff site lately.

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t seen anybody talk about this yet, but I have seriously considered getting a Basemansquatch and tearing out the carpet and putting in a LineX or Bullet liner. That would give me the floors I want.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don't people consider base with sasquatch and modular bumper comes with bash plates. And get brush gaurd and rock rails for like 37500. You will have a badass off-road machine.
The bang for your buck aspect is great for sure, but I like my lux features and bells and whistles, and if i'm forking out that much money already, my theory is i just gotta send it.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One question bouncing around in my head; do the lack of G.O.A.T. modes compared to the BD really mean that much to me?
I've never done much off-roading in the past, but have recently caught the bug, so I'm not going to hesitate taking it to the local off road park. I'll be mostly trail riding, and maybe some rock crawling, will the G.O.A.T. modes make that big of a difference?

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m eyeing the big bend non squatched so I can go aftermarket on a few things. Getting mid package for remote start and the nav.

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been trying to decide between BB and BD, but am now favoring Base with my own upgrades in terms of tires/seat covers. My son has a JL sport. We upgraded the wheels and tires thru tirerack and the dealer switched them out for us before pick up. Now it has a more aggressive stance, is a good DD and can handle light off roading. I'll wait until the Bronco is out to hear what people say about the different trims. But most of the BB/BD options won't be noticed by me. I'll just have to see how the trims look in person.
What size tires did your son put on the JL to make look good and still manage as a DD ??

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the BD with the black steelies looks good, would be a capable off road rig as well as a good daily driver. But then again, just swapping to slightly bigger, more aggressive tires on the base would be a great value rig.
[/QUOT]
And what would you really lose by going with base in you r example ?

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t seen anybody talk about this yet, but I have seriously considered getting a Basemansquatch and tearing out the carpet and putting in a LineX or Bullet liner. That would give me the floors I want.
Installing new floors on your own?

N2AK

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 4runner, 1990 Toyota xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lockers. That’s been my most difficult dilemma. Yes, there are/will be aftermarket options but the idea of a clean factory locker option and those hero switches is hard to pass on ?

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep hearing mgv will be hot in summer time but do we actually know this? I have a black car with black leather seats, as long as I leave my sun shade up it’s not really a problem. I don’t even notice it, I can’t remember if I ever did notice it even when I first got my car. For the record I live in the high desert in CA, it’s usually around 90’s and gets up to 110 for a couple months. I don’t even think my seats get that much colder in winter time compared to normal seats, and I don’t have seat warmers.
Sponsored