Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After Ford nailed the design and used frameless windows, I can't look at any 4-door Jeep in person anymore without laughing at it. It looks like something a 5-year old would design and the current trends of aftermarket equipment I see on the streets is also ridiculous. With frameless windows, you can take the top off/down and have a clean look vice the stagecoach look which I have posted my phone-oshop of a few times.

Perspective and Focal length.
^^^This guy photographs. Smartphones and these two elements are the backbone of many backbones of Instagram.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having seen them in person I agree with the above sentiment that the 4 door does look a LOT better in person. Proportionately, sheer size, etc. I am 100% in the 4 door camp for various reasons.

I like the look of the 2 door on 35's. It's a stout, fun-looking ride. The 4 door looks ok on 33's, but looks more proportionate on 35's.

In person the 2 door looked way too "Bronco II -ish" to me. I had one, it was fun to drive, but the 2 door echoes a lot of it in side silhouettes. I imagine it would be an absolute off-road blast to drive for sure. If I was single, or if it was just the wife and I in our older years, I would strongly consider it.

Another thing that swayed me away from 2 door is the fact you can't store the doors on-board (with the rear seats up).

Doorless the 4 door looks more "tactical", If you will , much like a JL. Looks like you could tackle moon terrain if you wanted to.
Doorless the 2 door looks like a barrel of offroad fun or long drives on a beach somewhere at sunrise/set.
They both look great with the doors off.

With doors on the 4 door looks more standard SUV-like and the 2 door looks like a Bronco II without the funky rear side windows.
But take those off and it's a whole different vehicle.
Just my opinions.
I certainly wouldn't NOT buy either one. In a perfect situation I'd have a 2 and a 4 door.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I literally hate the look of the two door... It looks like they sawed the back end off prematurely as it was coming off the assembly line (very bronco ii per someone's previous statement). IMO the wheel base needs about 6 extra inches and just a little stretch (defender 90 is more proportional). I really wanted to love the two door but I can't...

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had this issue as well with the 4-Door. It just looks stretched and disproportionate which really turns me off to the idea of owning a 4-Door. I agree that the pictures probably don't do this wonderful machine any justice though. I'm one of those guys who thinks that the 4-Door has to be Squatched to look good, but would honestly look better with another two inches of lift on top of the Squatchin'. I also can't get over that the 4-Door resembles the head of a dachshund. I don't want to look like Snoopy going down the road. Look at this.........you can't unsee it lol.
570-stock-photo-side-view-full-length-portrait-jpg.jpg

021-ford-bronco-cactus-gray-4-door-sasquatch-2-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I literally hate the look of the two door... It looks like they sawed the back end off prematurely as it was coming off the assembly line (very bronco ii per someone's previous statement). IMO the wheel base needs about 6 extra inches and just a little stretch (defender 90 is more proportional). I really wanted to love the two door but I can't...
Well the 2-Door is almost a carbon copy of the original body style so you really can't get much more "Bronco" than what the 2-Door is. I do think the 2-Door could use just a bit more length to allow for a tad more cargo space in the back, but I haven't seen one in person. I may be okay with the space once I get my hands on mine.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I actually feel the exact opposite. I think the Wrangler Unlimited looks absolutely terrible, and that the 4-door bronco looks good!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the 4 door looks better than the 2 door with the doors and roof off...and am starting to like it better overall...the 2 door is too much Bronco II. The one thing though is that the 4 door, just like a Jeep 4 door...needs 35s to look great. It has to be Squatched, and then it looks awesome.

Sponsored

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was all aboard the 2 Dr camp at first (aka the purist route), but with 2 kids and a 60+ lb dog, I am leaning 4 Dr right now. My current build is the BD, Non-Sasquatch, so my fear was the out-of-proportion effect.

However, with the latest pics of the Iconic Silver BD 4Dr, I think I'm going to be comfortable with my decision. Ford knocked out the stance with the thinner 32s/Steelies from the front. And from the side, it's more proportional than I expected. I'm still waiting to see one in person before I make the call.

One thing to consider, is that without a roof, the 4 Door looks incredible, and imo, better than the 2 Dr. The slanted roll bar at the back really helps the proportion issue of the 4 Dr. I'm sure the aftermarket will come up with some roof solutions (hard and soft tops) that will utilize this look.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve agonized over the 2- 4 door choice, I think they both look badass, 2 door is classic and hits the old school vibe perfectly. The 4 door is a little more “practical” for everyday use...

If I could see them in person it would solidify my choice but til then I will continue to change my stupid mind daily....

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Wrangler design makes it cab-rearward in its proportions. So, space is wasted between the dash and front axle. Bronco doesn't have that design limitation. This allows for more interior space, even on a shorter wheelbase. It appears longer between the wheels, because it is not wasting that space with the hood.
Sponsored