Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

AcesandEights

Badlands
First Name
Ace!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 or 2017 Ford
Ford said the BL and Sas suspension is basically the same, with <.4" difference in height. That's the difference between a 315/70/17 and 35" tire.

Advertisement

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Clubs

BL non Sasquatch all day long! The beadlock wheels are a gimmick and they are not true beadlocks, they are just a show piece! Plus the 33” A/T BFG tire is a much better tire than the M/T, the plus to having A/T over the M/T will also be road noise. I have had the BFG on my jeep and got 60k miles out of them! Plus I have already sourced 5 new wheels which will cost $1100 shipped to the house!

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Clubs

That also has real 35's not 315's the "35" is bigger
Not always, thats a common misconception. Depends on the manufacturer. All brands have slightly different sizes. BFG tires tend to run a little smaller than most other brands.
Almost none run true to size. They’re all usually smaller than the size posted on the tire.
The difference in size of a BFG KM3 is only 1/10th of an inch between their 35x12.50” and 315/70/17, which is what the Overlander is rolling around on.

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Clubs

Bronco Bro, pump the brakes!!! I am not the product expert here and do not claim to be. If you search the forum, you will find this topic discussed over and over again.
I am not trying to make enemies and certainly not trying to square up with you.
I am simply stating what I believe to be accurate from what I have read on different forums regarding this subject.
It’s all good. No worries. 🍻

Bullitt

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
BL non Sasquatch all day long! The beadlock wheels are a gimmick and they are not true beadlocks, they are just a show piece! Plus the 33” A/T BFG tire is a much better tire than the M/T, the plus to having A/T over the M/T will also be road noise. I have had the BFG on my jeep and got 60k miles out of them! Plus I have already sourced 5 new wheels which will cost $1100 shipped to the house!
The Goodyear Territory M/T is a new tire and designed/tuned specifically for the Bronco. Not saying you're wrong, but the Territory M/T is not even out there yet and you're saying the BFG is better? I'm all ears though, so post a link to the test between the two.

OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
The Goodyear Territory M/T is a new tire and designed/tuned specifically for the Bronco. Not saying you're wrong, but the Territory M/T is not even out there yet and you're saying the BFG is better? I'm all ears though, so post a link to the test between the two.
I do like what Goodyear did when they in my opinion changed the game with the duratrac being a hybrid tire. Not sure if they were the first to do a mt/at hybrid but that tire is amazing and now a lot of other brands followed suit . So many different hybrids now and that new Goodyear tire has tread like an a/t and in my
Opinion looks bad*ss so we’ll see

OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
I do like what Goodyear did when they in my opinion changed the game with the duratrac being a hybrid tire. Not sure if they were the first to do a mt/at hybrid but that tire is amazing and now a lot of other brands followed suit . So many different hybrids now and that new Goodyear tire has tread like an a/t and in my
Opinion looks bad*ss so we’ll see
I’m also worried that the bronco looks awesome with 35’s and anything smaller looks just like a boxy suv . Iv said all my life how much a wheel and tire can drastically change how a vehicle looks . All the diff models they have out there it seems depending on tire width a 33” can look awesome or too skinny

MJJ

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 17 Nissan GTR, 20 Chevrolet ZR2, 20 Jeep Cherokee, 21 Badlands reserved
The Overlander build is said to be regular BL suspension with 35s. That’s why they look so stuffed. They did fit and they showed some slow driving around with them. My guess is they will scrub with too much flex up front.
Thanks for the info.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Exactly, at this point I am stuck between either a BD with squatch or a Badlands with no options except 2.7. Gotta do whats in the budget. Decisions, decisions.
I understand. I have works for years to get to a point where I am more comfortable financially, then a couple of weeks back my daughter got engaged and wants to discuss the wedding budget at Thanksgiving. It is all good though as she is level headed and I have only one daughter. :)

BroncoT

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Clubs

There are a lot of valid opinions in this thread. One common theme emerges, Ford priced this right. There isn’t a sure fire best option. At this point, it’s personal preference.

1. 35” versus 33” with a very similar lift.
2. stock rims versus bead lock capable.
3. fatter tires that look cool and are slightly more off road versus DD but still awesome off-road capable.

the one option I feel makes less sense is the 33” bead lock capable MT combo. At that point, I’d just go SAS.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Clubs

I disagree, there is no information that supports anything you are saying. It is all speculation.
If you have facts post them in your next reply.
I’m not trying to beat this dead horse. I just found some new info from another thread that’s useful and answers many peoples questions about this.

If you go to the SEMA Live Stream thread here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sema-special-live-stream-bronco-q-a.9118/page-11#post-330934
The video talks about the difference in the BL and Squatch suspension.

If you watch at mark 23:50, he says “with the BL suspension youre getting about a 10mm lift and with Squatch you’re getting about 1.5” of lift.”

Looks like the Squatch is getting about a 1.2” lift over the Badlands suspension which makes sense after seeing a regular Squatch Bronco and the Overlander build.

AcesandEights

Badlands
First Name
Ace!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 or 2017 Ford
You used quotation marks, so you're literally using his exact words; however, that's not what I heard. I heard him say they're basically the same suspension, but the Sas offers 1.5" over stock and 10mm (less than .4") over Badlands.

Are you sure about that quote?

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Clubs

The beadlock capable wheels are kind of a gimmick in my mind. No one driving on road needs them, and almost no one driving off road needs them either. It's cool to say you have them, but most people will never "need" them.

Beadlocks only lock one side of the tire, and you still need the beadlock rim, unless it's included in the price. How low are you expecting to go with tire pressure, or how fast are you going to go over rough terrain. Very few people will ever lose a tire bead off road, because very few people drive in that manner, and if you do, re-seat the bead and go. Or, better yet, pull the wheel off the rig and put on the spare and keep driving. It's an answer to a question that isn't being asked by consumers, except by people that think it looks cool.
I agree no one needs beadlocks, and I would extend it to the entire Bronco.

But... I want it and it seams like a ton of fun! As far as beadlocks, yeah I will use them, I air my truck down to 18 for standard wheeling and 12 is as low as I dare for snow wheeling.

For me the decision would be to go non SAS and go strait to 37", but I will go SAS until others prove out how the stock driveline does on 37" and how Ford treats the warranty support.

In general the Bronco will be so much more capable than my Tacoma off road, nobody needs more... ;)

flatlander40

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I’m also worried that the bronco looks awesome with 35’s and anything smaller looks just like a boxy suv . Iv said all my life how much a wheel and tire can drastically change how a vehicle looks . All the diff models they have out there it seems depending on tire width a 33” can look awesome or too skinny
I agree
I don’t need a massive bro machine, but I do want it to look like a Bronco and not a soft top SUV

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Clubs

Are you sure about that quote?
I am paraphrasing. I apologize for the quote but I just watched it again and I still think at the end of his response he says that BL is about 10mm of lift and Squatch is about 1.5” of lift.

Advertisement

Advertisement