First Name
Luka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone, first post here. I’ve gotten a chance to test drive a badlands non-squatch with 2.7 and a Wildtrak. I really liked how the Wildtrak drove on the road surprisingly. I really like the badlands for all its other features and looking for some guidance. Perception during a single test drive can be flawed but Wildtrak seemed zippier. Other than general feedback one question I had is if you add the Sasquatch package to the badlands, it seems it should perform very similar to the Wildtrak that I test drove for on road/hwy driving, no?
I’ve seen 0-60 stats for badlands with 2.3 and it’s super slow compared to the Wildtrak but haven’t seen a 0-60 for badlands with Sasquatch. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could be a couple reasons for the “zippier” disparity. The WT doesn’t come stock with full bash plates nor the steel bumper, so it should be a bit lighter. Since the WT comes stock with Sasquatch you would gain some of that weight back as well as pushing the heavier 35” tires vs. the 33’s on the non-sas BL. Additionally, the WT has the Sport GOAT mode which the BL doesn’t, so perhaps the WT was in Sport mode during your test drive…..or it could have been both of these factors in play, which could definitely make the WT “zippier”

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badsquatch 2.7 is plenty zippy...

Here is my advice:

If zippy is what you're looking for buy a Mustang.

If you want the best offroad option, buy the Badsquatch (baseplate, disconnect, ect...).

If you're looking for a pavement princess (an offroad vehicle that isn't gonna get wheeled) the Wildtrak is the best option.

Really it's hard to compare apples to apples in a test drive unless the options are are there to compare. Sasquatch Broncos really are a different beast so the WT vs non-SAS BL really isn't a fair comparison.

Last edited:
OP
OP

lukavitasovic

Badlands
First Name
Luka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Here is my advice:

If you want the best offroad option, buy the Badsquatch (baseplate, disconnect, ect...).

If you're looking for a pavement princess (an offroad vehicle that isn't gonna get wheeled) the Wildtrak is the best option.

Really it's hard to compare apples to apples in a test drive unless the options are are there to compare. Sasquatch Broncos really are a different beast so the WT vs non-SAS BL really isn't a fair comparison.
Given it has the same engine, suspension, and gearing, and similar weight, do you think the badsquatch you have runs similar on the road to a Wildtrak?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Similarly equipped Broncos are equal, regardless of trim. The BL and FE have an off road advantage because of the sta-bar disco. Otherwise, it’s nonsense to say that any trim level is not as capable as any other as long as similarly equipped.

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There a few hundred pounds difference due to front and rear steel bumpers, rock rails, swaybar disco, and full bash plates.
This for sure makes a difference. But you will only notice that difference side by side which you did.
Get the Badlands you like, you won’t find it slow.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the Badlands…you can add sport mode to it with ForScan.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Here is my advice:

Except…..if you want the best rock crawler buy a Rubicon. Right, that makes as much sense as the Mustang comment.
You can equip the WT exactly as a loaded BL with exception of Swaybar disconnect, which can be accomplished manually, and the steel rear bumper….so, with a steel rear bumper and a different sticker being the only real difference, then that hardly makes one a pavement princes and one an off road beast.

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm not mistaken, the 2.7 non-squatch Badlands has 4.46 final drive gears, whereas the Wildtrack has 4.70 gears. That would account for quite a bit of zip.

Last edited:
OP
OP

lukavitasovic

Badlands
First Name
Luka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm not mistaken, the 2.7 non-squatch Badlands has 4.46 final drive gears, whereas the Wildtrack has 4.70 gears. That would account for quite a bit of zip.
Agree, that’s correct. But if I add Sasquatch then I get the 4.7 gear ratio. I’m basically asking because I don’t have a badlands Sasquatch in my area to test drive and before I pay $60K for a car just want to gather as much info as possible. So at its core, my question is will the Wildtrak give me a good sense of how the badlands with Sasquatch drives on the road. I don’t see why they’d drive differently if both have Sasquatch package but just want to make sure I’m not missing something.

Sponsored

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree, that’s correct. But if I add Sasquatch then I get the 4.7 gear ratio. I’m basically asking because I don’t have a badlands Sasquatch in my area to test drive and before I pay $60K for a car just want to gather as much info as possible. So at its core, my question is will the Wildtrak give me a good sense of how the badlands with Sasquatch drives on the road. I don’t see why they’d drive differently if both have Sasquatch package but just want to make sure I’m not missing something.
If you ask me, the Wildtrack will give you a very good sense of how a Badsquatch will drive. They are the same in every meaninful way give or take a few pounds here and there.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is not a single Bronco that is zippy. Get what you want. If your looking for zippy this is the wrong vehicle.

OP
OP

lukavitasovic

Badlands
First Name
Luka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it, I get it, it’s not a sports car, this point has been brought up and I know that, I guess I shouldn’t have used that word. I meant it in a relative sense, and I clarified above what I was trying to gain clarity on.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For a brick, the bronco with the 2.7 is pretty zippy.

There is not a single Bronco that is zippy. Get what you want. If your looking for zippy this is the wrong vehicle.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5% gearing difference is offset by an almost identical tire circumference difference, essentially a wash. Even with the same tire size, 5% is not going to be noticed from the driver's seat and probably not with a stopwatch 0-60 unless it goes down to tenths of a second.
Sponsored