First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same problem here. I've had my Outer Banks for a few months and mostly only noticed it on the passenger side front door, but now after looking more closely I am definitely seeing it on all four. Agreed with most here that it is something which could be and should be engineered to avoid happening in the first place, but hopefully it can be tuned/corrected. I haven't tried the reset method described, but will give that a go tomorrow.

Also, another simple fix I've found (to go along with the "open slower" method) is just leave the windows down. I mean I haven't noticed the problem at all in that configuration. 🤣
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reset the window limits.

Lower window, hold window switch five seconds. Raise window, hold window switch five seconds. Repeat two times. Roll window back up. Exit vehicle normally.
I just did the reset on my rear driver side door window. I’m not sure if you have to hold it five seconds after the completion of the roll up in five seconds after the completion of the roll down. I don’t think that you have to do it for those five seconds, because at the completion of the roll up and after the completion of the roll down… Roughly 1 second after it completes, you can hear a little click of some sort engage. I rolled it up all the way waited for that second and you could hear it… down, the same. My window now works again. With only 10 miles on the bronco

Please feel free to ridicule Siri with any typos

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Update: Took it to the dealer today. They took the door panels off and reinstalled the window. Now window doesn’t get caught when opening the door like any other cars.

*Reset procedure doesn’t work. Must have them physically reinstall the window. Seal is not the problem either.
Has anyone else gotten their dealer to fix this? It’s driving me nuts and window reset made it worse on 2 of the doors.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's exactly what I have done to reset the windows in my G35 coupe. Had to do it when I had to replace the window motors. I think this could also happen if the car's ECU memory has been reset or if its been unplugged from the battery for an extended period of time. Maybe during the factory construction it needed to be reset and never was?
LOL My G35 coupe went through window motors on a regular basis. I too became very proficient at the set/learn operation for them. The G was a nice ride but had the worlds biggest doors and windows with wimpy a@@ motors.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, another simple fix I've found (to go along with the "open slower" method) is just leave the windows down. I mean I haven't noticed the problem at all in that configuration. 🤣
Seems similar to people saying "just leave the doors off" to me :)

Meanwhile it's 29F here today :p

Sponsored

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/window-reset-procedure.29722/

Resetting One-Touch Close from Bronco manual
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for two seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for two seconds.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a two seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a two seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine has this issue on the passenger side.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/window-reset-procedure.29722/

Resetting One-Touch Close from Bronco manual
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for two seconds.
  3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for two seconds.
  4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a two seconds.
  5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a two seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.
This does not fix the issue this thread is about.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am having a slightly different problem with the driver side rear window. When using one douch down, it will make a loud click/pop noise when it is about 80% down. It goes down all the way and works fine on the way up. This noise only happens when using one touch down. If I hold the button down the entier time the window is going down there is no noise. Also, if I incrementally put it down a little at a time until it is all the way down, again no noise.

I've tried the window reset procedure on that window a couple of times with no difference. Any thoughts (other than take it to the dealer :) )

Sponsored

Glove83

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At the dealership today for this issue will follow up

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
At the dealership today for this issue will follow up
I'd love to hear what they said. Have a similar issue. Thanks in advance.

Glove83

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealership can confirm the issue and took the door panel off and can’t seem to find anything wrong with it. They opened a ticket with ford and are awaiting further instruction

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had the EXACT SAME ISSUE with my 4Dr Base Squatch on the rear dirver's side door.

This was hugely annoying because my 5 y.o.'s car seat was behind this door. ONLY WAY TO AVOID is to hold the door closed with one hand while opening the handle with the other. Once the window goes down then open.

Ford needs to re-engineer this!
Yep, this is the way I have to open the doors on my 2-door. Hold the door closed with one hand, pull the handle with the other. Wait a sec until the window pops down, then open. Otherwise, opening the door like normal is either going to break the window or tear the weather stripping. It's really annoying.
Sponsored