First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least he was being genuine when he said he loved it. You did something that he approved of, and he actually went out and copied YOU. 🤷‍♂️
#Win-Win

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you are certainly entitled to be annoyed. Give yourself that time to be annoyed and then move on. Don’t let it create a divide if you have a good relationship with him.

If you can buy a vehicle “just cause” without doing any research or even asking you a question or two I bet he’ll get rid of it as quickly as he got it when he is bored with it.

Always nice if people do what we wished they’d do but that rarely happens.

Good luck and IMO your ride sounds better than his anyway! Badlands > Outerbanks

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wait, its 2023 and your upset your not the only one you know with a Bronco? That ship sailed long ago lmao. They are everywhere and easily obtainable now. I like Bronco buddies personally.

JDav

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's his personality and you intend to stay married, then you're going to have to learn to live with it. It likely won't be the last time you feel this way.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got my Badlands about 3 months ago after searching for about 6 months. I love it. My father in law loved it as well. He has money - drives a Ford Raptop and has a few other vehicles.

He tells me Saturday he was driving by a dealer and there was a black one sitting in the lot. He pulled over, test drove it, and purchased it on a whim. He couldn't even tell me the trim or any other specs - he just liked it. I found out its an Outer Banks with a lift and big ass tires.

Part of me feels like I should be happy for him, but part of me feels like I am being "one upped" or that the "exclusivity" of being the only person I knew with a Bronco is being taken away from me - I don't know, it's a weird feeling. Like the Bronco was "my thing" and now it's just...not.

What are your guys' thoughts? Am I being a huge baby? Justified? Entitled to be a "little" bit annoyed?
I don't care about the exclusivity aspect. But I'm not a fan of rich people jump in front or otherwise bogarting things. Especially if doing it for image. Not a fan of the gentrification that's occurred with the Bronco.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did he leave a duck on your Bronco? If so, divorce is totally justified and find new in-laws.
As far as one-upping, TBH you have a Badlands vs his Outer Banks. You have one more button on your dash than he does. No amount of lift, new tires, or off-road lights will change that you have the electronic disconnect. However, if you feel the need to truly one-up your FIL, here's an option...Upright Citizens Brigade

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although most of the orignal post has been deleted?

All I can say is…. Aren’t you sleeping with his daughter? I’d just have a ton of kids and make his rich ass pay for college funds and private school for all of them and a down payment on a bigger house to raise them all in.

The only exclusive Ford is a Ford GT and that ain’t no Mustang neither!

Life ain’t a pissing contest dude. As long as you’re happy doing what “you” want to do/own, don’t bother with other people’s immitations.

Besides, if YOU don’t wheel, then both y’all just copying me! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe what your issue is, is that he has the money to buy a Bronco on a whim. A serious thought: his daughter (should) inherit some of that money. When your feelings are more settled, look for (or make) an opportunity to discuss estate matters so you aren't caught by surprise (again). Then you should talk things through with your wife.

Here's my money + Bronco story. As I turned 30, I gave up booze & drugs and got my life in order. I've had several jobs, two careers and now am comfortably, but not affluently, retired--with a fat line of credit on a home that's appreciated in value (a lot). I made my way. My brother, about the same time, got deeply involved in the counter-culture, and sees the government as the solution to all his (and the world's) problems. Somehow, he lives on Social Security--alone! Our philosophical and political --and financial -- beliefs are quite contentious.

Last year I took him on a month-long trip, hitting lots of scenic (and off-road) locals across the country--something he'd never do even if he could afford it. He asked me how I bought the truck. I simply answered, "I just wrote a check."

I let him jump to the conclusion that I bought it out of available cash holdings--even though I am paying it down through the line-of-credit!

My point, Gaangs--is that you don't know the details of your FiL's purchase. Might not be what you think!

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my Badlands about 3 months ago after searching for about 6 months
um... not sure what you're annoyed about. I got mine 814 days after reserving it.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No.
Sponsored

Status