Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wouldnt touch one with a 10' pole, early builds are always problematic.
Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Our dealer mannequins mostly just sat on display in the showroom. šŸ§
That's different. OP says the vehicle has 2100 miles on it. That's used car miles, and it's still MSRP plus overpriced accessories.

At even 5 miles per road test that's 420 different people farting in the driver seat. No discount, no thanks.

For comparison, my wife's 2017 MINI was a dealer "demo/loaner" that we purchased in 2018 with 1,700 miles. $16,000 discount.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A friend of mine has an opportunity to buy a dealer mannequin. It's a loaded Badlands non-sas with 2100 miles and some dealer installed lighting, storage, etc. Dealer was originally trying to sell it for $15K over MSRP which was a non-starter. But they're now willing to sell it for MSRP plus $5K for the accessories. So the question - would you buy a dealer mannequin? Thanks in advance...
If it is one that has been driven by lots of people, I wouldn't... Most people probably hammered it at THE time in an engines life when it shouldn't be hammered on.

I would have bought my dealers mannequin. They weren't allowing people to drive it. Only look and sit in it. They also put about 5k in add-on accessories on it. Was a sharp 2 door SAS OBX in black.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never ever ever.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess a better question would be ā€œhave you purchased a dealer mannequin and what do you thinkā€ to see how that went for members here.

I purchased a dealer mannequin from a dealer in Maine and could not be happier with it. It has more miles on it than I initially targeted but it was in absolutely perfect condition and was exactly what I was looking for.

Sponsored

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I should note that I donā€™t think mine was used as a demo. The ownerā€™s wife was driving it.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's different. OP says the vehicle has 2100 miles on it. That's used car miles, and it's still MSRP plus overpriced accessories.

At even 5 miles per road test that's 420 different people farting in the driver seat. No discount, no thanks.

For comparison, my wife's 2017 MINI was a dealer "demo/loaner" that we purchased in 2018 with 1,700 miles. $16,000 discount.
I totally get what youā€™re saying- but you wouldnā€™t get that discount in todays market. HUGE difference between 2018 and 2021/22!

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends, my dealer won't let anybody test drive them. They reserve them for people who need a rental when getting work done on a vehicle.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah why not, oh no the 2.7 wasnā€™t broken in properly. Itā€™s not a ford performance engine. They put them in F-150 work trucks that get abused day one.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I totally get what youā€™re saying- but you wouldnā€™t get that discount in todays market. HUGE difference between 2018 and 2021/22!
I understand the market fluctuations, currently our MINI is worth more than we paid for it in 2018, 45,000 miles ago, but still. The bubble will burst and there are going to be so many people financially upside down in their cars. Including the Bronco, as Ford is going to build millions of them, it's rare and unique now, but that's not going to last long.

Hey, we live in a narcissistic, self-indulgent, instant gratification world. This Bronco thing proves it. Just write a check and feel that surge of endorphins.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the market fluctuations, currently our MINI is worth more than we paid for it in 2018, 45,000 miles ago, but still. The bubble will burst and there are going to be so many people financially upside down in their cars. Including the Bronco, as Ford is going to build millions of them, it's rare and unique now, but that's not going to last long.

Hey, we live in a narcissistic, self-indulgent, instant gratification world. This Bronco thing proves it. Just write a check and feel that surge of endorphins.
Agree completely!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a geezer. I have never paid sticker for a new Ford on the lot or one I specifically ordered. It is a kick in my nut sack that I will pay sticker for this Bronco, if it ever is built. In fact , if it does arrive and I go to sign the papers, I will demand they drop one dollar off the price so I can claim I never paid sticker. That being said, there is no way I would buy a demo at or above sticker.

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Itā€™s funny. It seems as though the dealers treat them so differently. The one that the OP describes sounds like it has lived a hard life. My dealerā€™s mannequin was pulled into the showroom in August and has never left. It even has the dead battery to show for it. I bet it has 5mi on the odometer.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a geezer. I have never paid sticker for a new Ford on the lot or one I specifically ordered. It is a kick in my nut sack that I will pay sticker for this Bronco, if it ever is built. In fact , if it does arrive and I go to sign the papers, I will demand they drop one dollar off the price so I can claim I never paid sticker. That being said, there is no way I would buy a demo at or above sticker.
Amen.

I'm happy to wait for a deal to come along. Let Richie Rich take the depreciation and give Ford time to get their act together. Sit back and watch the shit show. šŸ¤£
Sponsored