Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed
To each his own. Personally, living in the north east I like being warm in the winter, and able to hear phone conversations with the hard top.
Plus, I hate to tell you softies, it's not a big deal to pop the front panels off and toss them in the back when the weather is nice and I don't look like I'm driving with a folded up tarp on the back.
Again, it's all a matter of preference and the bottom line is, we all have a dam cool truck.
I don't have anywhere I can store a hard top if I take it off :)
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, sorry. This is a soft top thread. Team 2-door is unfortunately ineligible to participate. Thanks for stopping by... 👋
You know that's not how we operate. We're like pigeons playing chess.

And soft top FTW.

PXL_20220716_030958143.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. All I think when I see the soft tops are that people settled for the mom car that was quicker to make.
Glad I am not the only one. That is the ONLY thing I think when I see a soft top. I have a friend that has a Jeep with a soft top......in like 5 years he had to replace his soft top like 3 times due to douchebags cutting the top to get in and pilfer the vehicle. Thief only found NOTHING but cost his insurance claims to increase. Cannot claim personal experience other than me riding with my friend......Jeep was more noisy than my hard top Bronco and also was not as good on temp controls either. Not sure I buy all the Bronco owner claims that a soft top is as good as a hard top. Skeptical that they are just making claims to justify their compromising choice to get a quicker delivery. ;-)

Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the soft top except for the big wadded up crap in the back when it's folded open. Reminds me of an old Rodney Carrington act about some left over clay and a nut sack with Adam and Eve.
But for quick on the draw drop the top you can't beat it. I'll stick to the hard top I ordered.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own both. Just the two door though. Had the four door since 2021. Love them both but this summer the two door top will come off and stay off till it gets cold again.

0B11F5DE-5382-4923-B304-8FC4DB1B1A17.jpeg

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Super practical and look great when they are down or off. Put them up and ooof! Not good at all. Not that anyone would by a car for the way it looks though.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad I am not the only one. That is the ONLY thing I think when I see a soft top. I have a friend that has a Jeep with a soft top......in like 5 years he had to replace his soft top like 3 times due to douchebags cutting the top to get in and pilfer the vehicle. Thief only found NOTHING but cost his insurance claims to increase. Cannot claim personal experience other than me riding with my friend......Jeep was more noisy than my hard top Bronco and also was not as good on temp controls either. Not sure I buy all the Bronco owner claims that a soft top is as good as a hard top. Skeptical that they are just making claims to justify their compromising choice to get a quicker delivery. ;-)
And here comes the 2Dorks army! 😂

I have to say that I do actually like the new Bronco II.

My only question Is where do you store the giant wind up key once you’ve started the vehicle?

Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve owned both a 4door soft top and current a hard top 2door.

I loved the soft top… for instant open air it’s awesome…. Great open air experience…

However…. I found out after the fact… If you go to purchase a hard top… (4door) it is a $16,000.00 dollar item….

Ford never bothered to tell us when they wired and plumbed them for a hard top (in the future) it would be that expensive….

Never would I have bought a soft top if I had to anti up another $16k for a hard top (if and when they are available) to travel in the winter to the snow with my family.
Still I look back at my Soft top experience with fond memories!!!!
Still without question a great Bronco period.

But for me to own both tops would be my choice…aka “the best of both worlds!!!”

threw in my ‘75 Bronco
I love them all and do miss my 4 door
Ford Bronco You can’t beat the SOFT top! 223DC297-6584-4507-8877-AFDB9A33F220
Ford Bronco You can’t beat the SOFT top! F656BCB8-98A0-46BA-8110-5721C8367F89
Ford Bronco You can’t beat the SOFT top! 5E13DA99-7F27-4F0D-BA7E-AC9101A638BE
Ford Bronco You can’t beat the SOFT top! 2AA58163-3920-4913-AD18-C41E18D6E297

Ford Bronco You can’t beat the SOFT top! 242EA637-85A1-45EF-B70C-CD205A5AA84A

Ford Bronco You can’t beat the SOFT top! 7709D97D-5B00-40C1-90E3-38B25B3D82C1

Ford Bronco You can’t beat the SOFT top! 035D9BA9-B129-49E6-9BFC-694F9D09DB46

Last edited:

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming from someone that had a hard top and soft top on my Jeep Wrangler, I would never own another hard top. If I want the top down, I just flip it down. I don't have to deal with taking it on and off and where to store it and the delaminating or scratches that come with dealing with it. Hell, I couldn't even get the person that bought my Jeep to take it. I had to find someone to just unload it on because of the aggravation that comes with it. Of course, I say this living in the Mid-South where the weather doesn't get that extremely cold - but even in the cold, the soft top holds heat very well. In all the discussions I have had with people in the last 10 months - not one person has ever said "what's up with the wave in the windows?" In fairness, the top was down or completely off in 6 of those months.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When my soft top is all the way down, it's pretty cool... the other 11 months of the year, I wish I had a one-piece hard top.
Maybe someday ADV will be something I can afford.
I received my soft top bronco just before Christmas and took it to Colorado for Christmas. I learned that the soft top is not bad at all and I am looking forward to summer so the top can come down. I do plan to swap and use a hard top in the winter and soft top in the summer. I have ordered the ADV one piece

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree! I laugh every time I see one of those ridiculous hard top hoists people have to install in their garages because they were afraid of a wave in a plastic window.
Or... maybe hard top owners weren't repelled only by the crappy rear windows. Maybe they chose a hard top because they:
- might be an outdoor enthusiast and want to have a roof rack to ski, bike, kayak, camp, etc.
- might want to be able to use a car wash
- might want a roof that doesn't leak and let snow accumulate inside
- might want to be able to have a conversation at highway speeds
- might want to avoid having people easily break into their car
- or maybe you're right and they just hate the frumpy styling of the soft top

But while you laugh at everyone with a hard top - consider that everyone with a hard top looks at you and thinks "that guy settled for a soft top just to get his car earlier because he was desperate and didn't reserve on July 13, 2020 like me. Now he's gonna have to pay $1,000s more to correct his terrible mistake."

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Or... maybe hard top owners weren't repelled only by the crappy rear windows. Maybe they chose a hard top because they:
- might be an outdoor enthusiast and want to have a roof rack to ski, bike, kayak, camp, etc.
- might want to be able to use a car wash
- might want a roof that doesn't leak and let snow accumulate inside
- might want to be able to have a conversation at highway speeds
- might want to avoid having people easily break into their car
- or maybe you're right and they just hate the frumpy styling of the soft top

But while you laugh at everyone with a hard top - consider that everyone with a hard top looks at you and thinks "that guy settled for a soft top just to get his car earlier because he was desperate and didn't reserve on July 13, 2020 like me. Now he's gonna have to pay $1,000s more to correct his terrible mistake."
Imagine caring this much…. 😂
Sponsored