Sponsored

You CAN move your Bronco reservation as of TODAY!!!

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat with a dealer converting my reservation to an order without my permission.

Did Ford agree to transferring your reservation or did they give you the “we’ll get back to you in 3-5 days”?

Thanks
So the rep read me the email where it sounds like I will have to state the reasons why I want my reservation moved, and if my memory serves correct she said 5-7 days. But for sure she quoted a few day turn around time. But, I haven't even gotten that far yet as they first need to figure out if my order has a VIN already or if it's in the cue. Redonk.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll say this, I’m REALLY glad I made this thread and once we piece together how this works/what the hoops are I plan to update the main post to explain things to help others.

Again, WHAT A MESS!!

OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got an email stating my bronco order has been updated.

Not a single thing different about it and states the exact same dealership as my original. No change in the reservation section of my account. I’m convinced they’re messing with me now.

Ford Bronco You CAN move your Bronco reservation as of TODAY!!! 9165D102-F10F-4826-9AB8-67C902B35C73

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear this! If I end up dealing with any ADM shenanigans, I will move my "reservation" to another dealership with a tow truck. 😂

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a single thing different about it and states the exact same dealership as my original. No change in the reservation section of my account. I’m convinced they’re messing with me now.

Ford Bronco You CAN move your Bronco reservation as of TODAY!!! 9165D102-F10F-4826-9AB8-67C902B35C73
I think Ford sent a batch of these as they rolled over existing MY'21 orders to the MY'22 orders. I received the same email with the same information for the MY'21 order.

I'm going to follow up Thursday and Friday as I called yesterday. That will give them the 3 day window and if nothing has changed, follow up on Monday.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think Ford sent a batch of these as they rolled over existing MY'21 orders to the MY'22 orders. I received the same email with the same information for the MY'21 order.

I'm going to follow up Thursday and Friday as I called yesterday. That will give them the 3 day window and if nothing has changed, follow up on Monday.
Good to know. I’m still calling first thing tomorrow and I’ll spend the day working on it if I have to, but I didn’t love that email. I certainly hope it’s just a fluke and not a mistake in the transfer.

OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got off the phone. They did say that their are franchise laws, that since it's an order it will be special circumstances and they built a team to review IF it can be moved, so that's new. They were super helpful but now they're saying they will reach out in approx. 7 business days.

They said they can't say it will, they don't know, and they don't know if they are going through so far. My optimism is waning and I'm actually going to go today and place a new order just to get on the books locally since it really does seem I'm looking at 2023 model year with my current reservation.

I have said it a thousand times, but this is a fucking nightmare. Imagine moving from Alaska or maine to arizona and they just say "so sorry" and you're back to square one. I know Chapman and Granger and those are unique situations and honestly I could see them trying to find a solve for those independently of everything else, but this whole process has been a nightmare.

I know it's not one for one, but I have had two coworkers order teslas in the last few weeks. Both know their exact order number, their anticipated build date, and while they live in different places, they got them in order. This isn't rocket math...

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I got the same email.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to keep this thread highlighted. With all the talk about moving orders to a different dealer as a resolution to the allocation issue, here we are on Oct. 20 and it's still far from clear that is even possible. It is very important that we stay on top of this, and rather disgraceful on Ford's end that they had zero plan.

Allocation issue aside, not being able to change dealers would have two terrible effects on order holders:
  • Anyone who has or will move long distance before their Bronco is delivered is boned, and must either abandon their reservation or arrange for long distance travel of themselves or their Bronco.
  • The buyer has absolutely zero leverage against dealers including brand new ADM in MY22 reorders, other than threatening to harm the dealer's reputation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually placed a second order today just to see. Identical to my current build. Worst case I’ll give one up to the dealer to sell, but I’m willing to bet the order I placed today gets built before my dec 2nd order. I really want to reinforce, it’s IDENTICAL down to the color.

Before this gets out of hand, I just want to mention that I did not move this order, this is a new order placed 10/20/21 and the dealership felt confident that it would be by the end of 2022 because I'm "well within their allotment" meaning they have less orders than they plan to get for the year. If I end up with 2 and anyone wants a v6 basesquatch I'll have a spare to pass along.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m willing to bet the order I placed today gets built before my dec 2nd order. I really want to reinforce, it’s IDENTICAL down to the color.
Ford seems to think this is okay.

Fewer hammocks, more actual customer service, please.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still in "review". I've passed along the information conveyed to me by Ford Customer Service to my current dealer. It echoes the same information that @Someshoes posted earlier regarding franchise laws which I don't understand. I passed along the information in the event that more customers of the dealer were looking to transfer. He conveyed to me surprise as he was aware of a number of his orders had successfully transferred. So I guess there is still hope.

In the event that I don't have a successful transfer by Friday, I'll be leaving my order where it is and I'll create a new order at the back of the line. The sad reality is that I'll likely get my new order built/delivered before I have to resubmit my annual order with my current dealer. But at least I'll have a 6G and 7G Bronco.

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am going to give them this week before I call back. That will give them a full 5 business days. Driving 5 hrs. tomorrow to pick up a '72 F250 2WD to drive for the winter. Looking forward to a day away from my screens, both home & work.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford: If your dealer is really bad, you can switch dealers.
Also Ford: If your dealer is really good, you might want to switch dealers too, because we won't give that dealer many Broncos.
Also Ford: You can switch dealers but only if the old and the new ones both agree. Plus you need to call our phone line. We never answer it, and if we do, we can't do anything, so try again later. Actually you know what, maybe you can't switch dealers. Stay pumped!
Sponsored