Sponsored

You CAN move your Bronco reservation as of TODAY!!!

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers have only been given their allocation for the first month of MY22. They don't have any clue what their full MY22 allotment will be (and it will be heavily dependent on how many trucks MAP has the parts to assemble).
Use to be just the opposite, or to move reservations but once order was placed, no moving the order. I am surprised this is happening. Iā€™m ok with it but I donā€™t understand how Ford can move an order from one dealer to another. The order belongs to the dealer and is on their books. How can they legally take an order from one dealer and give it to another. Seems the dealer would have to agree and then cancel the order on Ford. The new dealer would have to create an order, then Ford would have to move the customers time stamp to that order. Just donā€™t see the original dealer agreeing to this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Someshoes

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Use to be just the opposite, or to move reservations but once order was placed, no moving the order. I am surprised this is happening. Iā€™m ok with it but I donā€™t understand how Ford can move an order from one dealer to another. The order belongs to the dealer and is on their books. How can they legally take an order from one dealer and give it to another. Seems the dealer would have to agree and then cancel the order on Ford. The new dealer would have to create an order, then Ford would have to move the customers time stamp to that order. Just donā€™t see the original dealer agreeing to this.
The opportunity seems to be the fact that people need to re-order. I didnā€™t re-order my 2022, I have a 2021 order. I donā€™t claim to know why it works, but Ford is offering it and Iā€™m taking advantage.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From my understanding, only converted reservations (orders) can be transferred. I spoke with Nicole at FCS and she mentioned that reservations - only can't be transferred at this time. She alluded to the process that requires an order that has been rolled over to the MY'22 order banks and is in '99 status.
Interesting, as that seems to be the OPPOSITE of what they told me when I called last Thurs (14th).
I have a 99 that hasn't been fully spec'ed yet that I need to move locally (sorry, Granger...) and was told I could only move a reservation, not an order (or even a 99 order).

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, as that seems to be the OPPOSITE of what they told me when I called last Thurs (14th).
I have a 99 that hasn't been fully spec'ed yet that I need to move locally (sorry, Granger...) and was told I could only move a reservation, not an order (or even a 99 order).
I was told the same as you on Thursday, called back Friday and got a different answer (same experience as SomeShoes).

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was told the same as you on Thursday, called back Friday and got a different answer (same experience as SomeShoes).
Hoping that happens to me...I was on hold an hour today before I got d/c'ed ("you've reached an invalid number at Ford Credit"...lol)

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping that happens to me...I was on hold an hour today before I got d/c'ed ("you've reached an invalid number at Ford Credit"...lol)
Yep it disconnects right around the 55 minute mark in my experience and plays that same message.

I donā€™t understand why they blasted that number out to every Bronco reservation holder last week via email when they have a fraction the number of workers they need to accommodate the totally predictable volume of incoming calls that would generate.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have a "99" that is an order. A reservation has no priority associated with it. All rollover MY'21 orders will be assigned the blanket priority of '99 till your dealer confirms your MY'22 order and updates the priority code.

Edit: I just noticed the date of your reference being the 14th. I called last week and apparently the customer service team didn't get the memo that Levine had said transfers could be done. They were adamant last week that no transfer could be done to converted orders.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have a "99" that is an order. A reservation has no priority associated with it. All rollover MY'21 orders will be assigned the blanket priority of '99 till your dealer confirms your MY'22 order and updates the priority code.
Yes, I'm aware of what that is.
People are still saying they've been able to move orders and 99'ed orders.
I was told the opposite when I last called. That's all I'm saying. Hoping it has, in fact, changed.

Sponsored

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The opportunity seems to be the fact that people need to re-order. I didnā€™t re-order my 2022, I have a 2021 order. I donā€™t claim to know why it works, but Ford is offering it and Iā€™m taking advantage.
Understand the need but I just donā€™t think FORD can just do IT without the dealershipā€™s participation and agreement. Granger might agree, but many wonā€™t.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I'm aware of what that is.
People are still saying they've been able to move orders and 99'ed orders.
I was told the opposite when I last called. That's all I'm saying. Hoping it has, in fact, changed.
I would call again. It was frustrating last week to have them say it couldn't be done when Levine was saying it could. The left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. I'm not surprised.

After seeing others report that they have had success, I made the commitment to wait on hold for as long as it took (almost 2 hours with the auto disconnect at 55 minutes with the Ford Credit line (somehow the customer service line gets crossed in the directory)).

Good luck. Try in the morning at 8am.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Understand the need but I just donā€™t think FORD can just do IT without the dealershipā€™s participation and agreement. Granger might agree, but many wonā€™t.
Nicole at the customer service mentioned that part of the process has to involve the originating dealer along with the new dealer. So along with your previous message about the order belonging to the dealer, not all dealers are willing to lose the order (especially in light of the reduced name-match policy). Zach with Granger has indicated that he would respond accordingly for what is in the best interest of the buyer. He's one of the good guys.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Called at 4 minutes after 8, I'm STILL on hold. I shouldn't have told all of you to call at 8, haha.
Same. It started me back at the beginning at 15 after, now I'm 50 mins in, waiting for it to disconnect in a few... šŸ˜‚
Sponsored