Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That sure is a civilized view. Some rando spits on a guys Bronco and you immediately profile a whole community. Care to expand on this freedom loving type that is attracted to off-roading and which has you concerned so that we may all be made aware and on the lookout for?

There are d-bags in every hobby, sport, past time. No need disparage a whole community for the actions of one.
Agreed-most of my off-road experience has been people challenging their vehicles, and helping others do the same. Sure there are egos and braggadocio involved, but it is usually good natured poking of fun. But when you get into a situation out there, all manner of people will stop to help because it is part of the challenge.

Based on the way they parked, that particular person was just an asshole.
Sponsored

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pulled into the parking lot of my local watering hole to find a packed parking lot. Next to the main lot is an unlined dirt lot which was also almost full except for one small space next to a Jeep Wrangler who decided to park horizontally in a lot where everyone else was parked vertically therefore taking up what could be 2-3 spaces.

I didn’t park particularly close to the Jeep and they also had plenty of space to back up and maneuver out of the space but when they left they still decided spitting on the hood of my Bronco was the right call because… Jeep things? No real harm done and I’m just venting about it. Anyone else have any bad experiences with Jeep owners?
Like school at Christmas…..NO CLASS

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, I’m saying if it was a different car parked like a jerk I don’t think they would’ve had an issue with my car being a Bronco. My guess is when they came out the crowd had emptied out a bit and there were other spots open so they assumed I parked by them to be a jerk. But yes you’re correct that I don’t have a problem with Jeep owners.
Your saying the same thing. It only happened because it was a jeep owner and your vehicle was a bronco. So Jeep guys can’t stand broncos and are more likely to spit on them? That’s what you’re assuming.

Sideways

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly the “type” of people that off-roading attracts is a concern of mine. There is an irony that a crowd so hung up on freedoms gets offended when you do you. Sorry that happened maybe some day you’ll winch them out of a ditch.
Not really a surprise. The same people that scream about "freedoms" only want to you to have freedoms on their terms, and only if you pass their moral standard.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice way to draw a line between what I said and what you apparently think I said.
Please enlighten me! I don’t see another way to interpret it.

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trying to add some positivity here:

I had the opposite effect with a NEW Jeep owner. I pulled up to a really nice black rubicon with paper plates and my paper plate Bronco. We both had our windows down and he said “man I should have gotten one of those!”

Here in Austin Jeeps are everywhere. I haven’t ran into a mean one yet!

OP
OP
BamBamBilly

BamBamBilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your saying the same thing. It only happened because it was a jeep owner and your vehicle was a bronco. So Jeep guys can’t stand broncos and are more likely to spit on them? That’s what you’re assuming.
Not Jeep guys in particular but yes, this particular d-bag who parks like they own an entire quarter of the parking lot likely did it because they are a jeep owner. Not all Jeep owners are bad people, this person in particular I believe did this because they were a Jeep owner.

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pulled into the parking lot of my local watering hole to find a packed parking lot. Next to the main lot is an unlined dirt lot which was also almost full except for one small space next to a Jeep Wrangler who decided to park horizontally in a lot where everyone else was parked vertically therefore taking up what could be 2-3 spaces.

I didn’t park particularly close to the Jeep and they also had plenty of space to back up and maneuver out of the space but when they left they still decided spitting on the hood of my Bronco was the right call because… Jeep things? No real harm done and I’m just venting about it. Anyone else have any bad experiences with Jeep owners?

Jealousy and small penises make people do strange things

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a Ford guy all the way but i have owned a few jeeps mostly Willy’s M38A1’s, CJ5’s and 1 YJ. Most off road folks are GREAT and will do anything they can to help so I just don’t see Bashing all the Jeep people because of 1 JA who’s probably never been off-road

OP
OP
BamBamBilly

BamBamBilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m a Ford guy all the way but i have owned a few jeeps mostly Willy’s M38A1’s, CJ5’s and 1 YJ. Most off road folks are GREAT and will do anything they can to help so I just don’t see Bashing all the Jeep people because of 1 JA who’s probably never been off-road
I couldn’t agree more! I’m not saying all Jeep owners are assholes. I was just commenting on the experience I had with one owner. How this thread became a bashing of the entire off-roaring community and/or all Jeep owners is beyond me.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not Jeep guys in particular but yes, this particular d-bag who parks like they own an entire quarter of the parking lot likely did it because they are a jeep owner. Not all Jeep owners are bad people, this person in particular I believe did this because they were a Jeep owner.
Well, thank you for proving my point. You can't say "not jeep owners in particular" but then say "becasue they were a Jeep owner". You sir, have a bias against Jeep owners, whether you think so or not. You ran into a someone who was just a jerk, and you are associating it with the car he drives, without a shred of evidence.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure there is a new Bronco owner out there that will do the same, because he feels special because he got his before everyone else and deserves 3 parking spaces so the rip-rap doesn’t ding his “$60,000” rig.
Sponsored