Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know most are enjoying piling on the OP for multiple rigs. However, there are many folks like me that have a first month reservation. That followed Ford's guidance and made a deal with a nearby dealer that was offering a great rate (for me, Granger is just a couple hours away). They changed the rules to allocation. Following Fords advice again, I called last fall to move my res and was told, "since you are at Granger, you can move." Calls every few weeks and it was never moved. I did make another order back in November elsewhere but here I sit. Yes, my 2DR slows me down a bit but I followed Ford at every turn and I still don't have a rig. Just not willing to pay over MSRP and be upside down on a vehicle. Brutal.

As long as they are selling trucks, they don't care to whom.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Imagine owning 2 bronco's already, and complaining that you can't transfer your reservation for a 3rd....
I tend to speak my mind here on certain subjects, but I wouldn't have the nerve to complain about a 3rd Bronco. People should have thought twice when they saw a dealer holding over 1000 orders. What could possibly go wrong here? They know now.

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Facts. Inquired about this with customer service yesterday. The girl said that option expired when the order banks closed earlier this month.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The saddest part of all this is Ford most likely changed the process because of all of this exact thread.

People taking orders to scalp
Dealers undercutting to sell more

If they kept res with the constraints it would have been a big dealer scalpers market.

People are also completely ignoring supply chain, covid and labor issues, shipping, qc, and inflation all introduced right after launch. A lot of this would have been a non-issue if this was just another normal year or two..

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am sorry to tell you that allocations were already a thing when the order banks opened.

If you chose to order with a dealer with 100’s of reservations in January of 2021—who so obviously oversold by doubling down with the October deal to cover for their problem—to get $2000 off a $40000 vehicle, knowing Ford could impose any allocation formula they wished because they just had, then you took a risk.

That said, I think Ford should find a way to fix it for the consumer: allowing reorders at local dealers while keeping the timestamp or whatever.
Finally people are beginning to see the light when it's too late.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an outstanding October 2020 res with Granger and submitted a new soft top order sans tow with a more local dealer that had open allocation for 2022. Ordered from the local dealer in January, still nothing. Personally, I don't see Ford keeping these reservations open until every last one is filled. I know some are pushed off until 2023 for the painted / mod tops, but I fully expect Ford to pick a date in 2023-early 2024 and saying if your order isn't filled by now, tough. Here's your $100 back and if you want one, place a new order or buy on off the lot. By then only the dealers that Ford doesn't seem to like (Granger) will have unfilled orders and Ford won't care if they're filled or not.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They gave each dealer a % based on size lol. Granger undercut everyone and has way more orders than allocations. Every dealer is over allocation.
Way back when this became obvious, you couldn't convince anyone to think about what they signed up for. Some got so defensive and were ready to borrow chairs from other forums to throw at those that questioned them.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Dads_bronze_bronco

Two comments:

1. Hat’s off to you for a slightly different take on the merits, but still coming to the same, decent conclusion that any fair minded person should in this situation. Great open, honest disagreement- appreciate it. While you Drex and Compta have quibbled on exactly what people’s expectations should have been (mostly just in Q1 2021?), you all agree that Ford has fallen woefully short in helping enthusiasts make well informed decisions with their reservations. Why do they continue to ignore and forsake day 1 reservation holders at these dealers? It’s inarguably wrong and unjust- just because they can do what they’ve done doesn’t mean they should.

2. I tend to side with @Drex and @Compta38 on the preponderance of the fault here lying with Ford. They’re in charge, they made the very well documented and ever changing rules, and they routinely either failed or chose not to communicate those rules. I admit I also moved my day 1 reservation to one of the dealers in question, but I didn’t do it to save loads of money, believe it or not. The ‘ I told you sos’ from so many who seem to think this group of reservationists is greedy and got what we deserve are blinded by their own resentment. I did it because I reached out repeatedly to my local dealer first and got radio silence on pricing or agreeing in advance not to hose me with ADM. I did take a risk moving my reservation, but you know what? Keeping my reservation where it was looked worse at the time. I wasn’t being a moron and failing to weigh the risks, I was far better informed than most. All I’ve ever wanted in this debacle is a fair deal on the vehicle I was excited about, just like all of you.

Instead I’ve been treated unfairly, misled, and ultimately now, forgotten. Now @FordMotorCompany admits that we couldn’t move our reservations to another dealer even if we wanted to despite pointing to that as a major defense for their treatment of reservation holders when asked by the press about this a month or two ago. Was it fair for Ford to accept those reservations years ago or allow so many of them to be transferred to these dealers or for them to have done so many other things to allow us be left in this position? Obviously not, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still do the right thing now and facilitate us getting our orders fulfilled.

There’s always still time to do the right thing.
Preach

michaelyager

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I was every other dealer, I wouldn't want a Granger lowball transfer anyways. Why eat up my own allocation for someone who got a discount somewhere else, and now expects me to honor it. I would want to sell at full MSRP like virtually every other dealer in the country right now.

I dont sympathize with the outrageous ADM we see and hear about but if you try to game the system, you'll eventually get yourself stuck
If someone were to transfer dealerships, the new dealership is under no obligation to honor pricing from the original dealership.

michaelyager

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who's "they"? The dealership? Are you talking about the $100 reservation fee from July 13th, 2020?

$100.00 "reservation" fee = Ford Motor Company (no dealership identified in this process)

$XXXX.XX "DEPOSIT" fee = Dealership, varies across country.

Sounds like a dealership problem
For the initial reservation, Ford did collect the $100. When the reservation was converted, Ford sent that $100 to the ordering dealership.

michaelyager

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That really stinks for all those reservation holders who will not be delivered for several more years. I'm not sure how Ford messed up the Bronco rollout so badly? It seems they have learned with the F-150 Lightning. Reservation options for the Lightning are closed during the "ordering" process, and I get more updates on our future (way in the future--probably 2024) Lightning in one month than I ever received for our Bronco reservation (which was zero--except for the Bronco Off-Roadeo every other day).

Fyi, I just called the Ford 800# and changed dealerships for our Lightning in less than 5 minutes with an immediate email confirmation. I even double-checked the tracking site and it had the new dealership updated. If only the Bronco side could be that efficient and effective?
The Ford Lightning is being sold by Ford directly to the consumer, that is the reason the split into Ford Model E and Ford Blue. The dealership you receive your Lightning at is just for delivery.
Sponsored