Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If someone were to transfer dealerships, the new dealership is under no obligation to honor pricing from the original dealership.
If that wasn’t the expectation from the buyer, then why would they place three orders with a dealer that is offering discounts and then try to transfer the order to other dealers? Why wouldn’t they simply place the order with other dealers? The other dealer would have been happy to take their order to begin with.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mixed feelings about this. No sympathy for the guy that has already received two. Also, i never plan on transferring from SAC to anyone else. Great dealer, great deal, full transparency and peace of mind. However, Ford hasn't communicated an updated plan on how they will fulfill all these past due orders. The current plan isnt going to work unless they cut all dealer stock and start fulfilling orders based on reservation + order date.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So let me get the right. You want Ford to wipe your ass because you tried to cheat the system and take the easy road. I have been around a long time and there is an old saying-if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. This whole problem has been created by ass hats like you. If people would stick with their local dealerships, then the allocation system would be a moot point but when people from California order from West Virginia, these dealers did not have the number of sales to warrant the increased allocations. That in turn screws other dealerships. As long as people are price point shoppers who care about nothing but the all mighty dollar, the problem will continue to exist. Must be a liberal millennial.
You joined this forum 17 days ago. You may have been around a long time, but you don't seem to have been around here for a long time. You seem to be one of those 'freedom' lovers that actually don't want people to have the freedom to do what they want and make their own choices. This country still has a free market based on capitalism. Granger (and others) found a way to lure a lot of orders in by under cutting their competitors, which they are absolutely allowed to do. Ford and their big money dealers didn't like this so they changed the rules half way through the game. It is what it is, but the fact is Ford wanted to go modern with the reservation system, but that didn't work the way their biggest customers wanted it to, and so they went back to the old way of doing things mid stream.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you chose to order with a dealer with 100’s of reservations in January of 2021—who so obviously oversold by doubling down with the October deal to cover for their problem—to get $2000 off a $40000 vehicle, knowing Ford could impose any allocation formula they wished because they just had, then you took a risk.
So let me get the right. You want Ford to wipe your ass because you tried to cheat the system and take the easy road. I have been around a long time and there is an old saying-if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. This whole problem has been created by ass hats like you. If people would stick with their local dealerships, then the allocation system would be a moot point but when people from California order from West Virginia, these dealers did not have the number of sales to warrant the increased allocations. That in turn screws other dealerships. As long as people are price point shoppers who care about nothing but the all mighty dollar, the problem will continue to exist. Must be a liberal millennial.
I am pretty sure we both see this situation as an if it is too good to be true, then it is/don't take the risk type deal. That said, if you look at the details, both things can be true:

If someone was a day one or two reservation, and in January of 2021 expected Granger to get at least 300 reservations a year based on the allocation formula at the time—then you could have reasonably expected to get a 2021 or 22 from Granger. That group has been screwed by the 2022 allocation change made worse by the top / supply chain fiasco (like every other July 13 & 14, 2020 reservation holder).

They also may have been screwed if they placed their order in January based on one place in line, and then January - March other early reservation holders moved to Granger making the early line longer. (Many moved in because along with allocations, Ford also cancelled x-Plan for Bronco.)

That group is the one @Ford Motor Company should take care of eventually in 2022. That, and anyone from Granger's geographical footprint.

Anyone else, particularly October deal and beyond, should totally have been buyer beware and ordered into a shorter line in early 2021. This is all now made worse because Ford has not come up with a clear process or program for switching to dealers with shorter lines. Those orders, Ford should make exceptions for the 2022 order freeze and allow re-order with the same reservation time stamp at dealers with shorter lines (with order cancellation by Granger) at MSRP / no ADM pricing.

I am ignoring Stephens and Dealer Insider here, because my perception is the problem is less severe at those dealerships. Also, we all need to keep in mind that given everything that has happened delay-wise in the last year, anyone who had thought in March of last year they were getting a 2021 has pretty much moved that expectation out a year, and so this has sucked for everyone.

For the record I am far from millennial, just shy of being a boomer, fiscally conservative independent. And I don't think political or generational persuasion has anything to do with the problem.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow! Just wow.

You label a forum member "liberal millennial" for espousing the conservative ideal of free-market capitalism.🤔

Oh, wait. We aren't supposed to be talking politics.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Just wow.

You label a forum member "liberal millennial" for espousing the conservative ideal of free-market capitalism.🤔

Oh, wait. We aren't supposed to be talking politics.
Ummmm, guys....this really isn't political. The dealers did what they thought were best under their capitalistic goals. So did Ford. Like, are we really trying to bring in politics? This is embarrassing.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
Anymore? lol they never did.

Don’t you already have a Bronco anyways? You can’t really complain when those of us have been waiting since July/august of 2020 for anything while you’re waiting for a 2nd one.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anymore? lol they never did.

Don’t you already have a Bronco anyways? You can’t really complain when those of us have been waiting since July/august of 2020 for anything while you’re waiting for a 2nd one.
Waiting for a third bronco.

Sponsored

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am ignoring Stephens and Dealer Insider here, because my perception is the problem is less severe at those dealerships. Also, we all need to keep in mind that given everything that has happened delay-wise in the last year, anyone who had thought in March of last year they were getting a 2021 has pretty much moved that expectation out a year, and so this has sucked for everyone.
Although Stephens didn't receive as many orders as Granger I do believe the problem may be just as bad. I am with Stephens. I switched to them in October 2020 (7/14 @1600 reservation) when I could not get a solid price commitment from three local dealers. Around December 2020 is when allocations were announced. I decided to stick with them and ended up being within Stephens' original allocation for 2021. #104 out of 109 allocations. Stephens was able to deliver approximately 80 of there allocations. Some people jumped ahead of me because of buildable units.

Everything seemed fine until the allocation formula was again changed in October of 2021 when we had to place orders for a second time. This is when the Stephens people got screwed and Ford said you could move orders when in fact you really couldn't. Stephens was given 109 for 2021. To date I believe they have received less than 30 for 2022. The last build week schedule they received three and they were all Raptors.

Basically they have reached their 2021 allocation numbers and it seems to have stalled or dried up altogether. John at Stephens has communicated that his regional rep told him there would be no set number for Stephens and they would get what could be built. I have no idea now if I will be left in the cold. I see it as Stephens got too many for 2021 so Ford decided to dial that back for 2022? There are many at Stephens with very early reservations. I am still sitting around mid thirties in line with a 7/14 reservation.

michaelyager

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You joined this forum 17 days ago. You may have been around a long time, but you don't seem to have been around here for a long time. You seem to be one of those 'freedom' lovers that actually don't want people to have the freedom to do what they want and make their own choices. This country still has a free market based on capitalism. Granger (and others) found a way to lure a lot of orders in by under cutting their competitors, which they are absolutely allowed to do. Ford and their big money dealers didn't like this so they changed the rules half way through the game. It is what it is, but the fact is Ford wanted to go modern with the reservation system, but that didn't work the way their biggest customers wanted it to, and so they went back to the old way of doing things mid stream.
https://www.ford.com/help/terms/bronco-and-bronco-sport-reservation/#reservation

no rule changes. Most do not take the time to actually see what they are signing. I am a “Ford” employee and the word allocation was used from the beginning.
Sponsored