Sponsored

After ADM's end will you go back to "that" dealer?

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty PO'd about my local dealers and the ADM's they are trying to collect. Between the wife, work and me I purchase a new Ford about every 2 years it seems. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to buy local again, am I alone in thinking to grind this axe for years (or forever)?
Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FUCK NO! and to coin a phrase... "your dead to me"

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealers are only marking up dealer ordered Broncos (or other vehicles) and NOT Customer ordered ones, I'm cool with it.

OP
OP
77Ford

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the dealers are only marking up dealer ordered Broncos (or other vehicles) and NOT Customer ordered ones, I'm cool with it.
Not trying to pick a fight but why is that? Is because the people who bought wild bronco's jumped ahead of customer orders and need punished? OR ???

To me it's the same either way, the bronco was intended to be sold below MSRP, how much is anyone's guess. AT MSRP the dealer makes out like a bandit, there is no reason to mark them up above MSRP at all.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealerā€˜s original offer was $500 adm. for ordered vehicles. They do $10K and $20k for abandons and mannequins. Seeing how little they have to sell on their lot Iā€™m fine with that. They also wanted $2000 for down payment on ordering and completed sales contract at that time. I still am ok with it. My machine is supposed to be built next week, so weā€™ll see what happens when itā€™s time to actually pick it up since the sales contract was for a 2021. I expect they will do it right.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm pretty PO'd about my local dealers and the ADM's they are trying to collect. Between the wife, work and me I purchase a new Ford about every 2 years it seems. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to buy local again, am I alone in thinking to grind this axe for years (or forever)?
Considering most dealership are marking up at least some of their models right now, you have a hard time buying a new car in the future.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was fortunate enough not to get slapped with the ADM, however, if I was I'd absolutely tell them to pound sand for my next vehicle. They will learn in a few years the damage they've caused to those they've burned bridges with.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not trying to pick a fight but why is that? Is because the people who bought wild bronco's jumped ahead of customer orders and need punished? OR ???

To me it's the same either way, the bronco was intended to be sold below MSRP, how much is anyone's guess. AT MSRP the dealer makes out like a bandit, there is no reason to mark them up above MSRP at all.
No. Not to punish walk ins but to allow a dealer to make enough money and Profit to stay in business. I donā€™t know how Ford dealers are doing in other areas overall but around here, they hardly have any new vehicles to sell.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

LOL! Who on earth ever told you that? Dealers arenā€™t some guy on Craigslistā€¦

ā€Hey, how much you askinā€™ for that new Bronco?ā€

ā€Well, weā€™re askinā€™ $60K, but weā€™ll take 55ā€¦ā€

OP
OP
77Ford

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL! Who on earth ever told you that? Dealers arenā€™t some guy on Craigslistā€¦

ā€Hey, how much you askinā€™ for that new Bronco?ā€

ā€Well, weā€™re askinā€™ $60K, but weā€™ll take 55ā€¦ā€
A dealer DID tell me that, one who sold a dealer stock for msrp that and every car/truck I've bought for the last 30 years was under MSRP by some amount.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A dealer DID tell me that, one who sold a dealer stock for msrp that and every car/truck I've bought for the last 30 years was under MSRP by some amount.
Okay. šŸ˜‰

gopats54

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep 4XE 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. I won't ever head back to one that charged above MSRP for anything. That being said, we are headed for a world where MSRP is probably more the norm than being able to haggle below MSRP. Car manufacturers and Dealers have realized the ability to raise overall pricing on vehicles in this market has led to record residuals and auction sales. The industry has for so long been built upon a "volume" or "number of units" competition, we might be headed for a rightsizing on the amount of inventory the industry will normalize at. This will keep prices high in the short term and maybe even maintain MSRP long term. If Ford is successful on their split and adopts a "Tesla" mentality for the Electric division, you will only ever see MSRP and zero negotiation as the price you pay online is the price you pay when it arrives.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm unlikely to even go back to Ford after all of this. Definitely won't go through a dealer that's taken advantage of captive customers. Basically, Only Granger, Stephens, etc have earned any future business from me. As little difference as that makes.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The local dealer I've bought 9 new Fords from since 1986 treated me like a first time walk-in when I asked about ordering a '22 Ranger Crew Cab. The rest of the stuff they do is on them, but that chit really pissed me off. So much for customer loyality.

OP
OP
77Ford

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. Not to punish walk ins but to allow a dealer to make enough money and Profit to stay in business. I donā€™t know how Ford dealers are doing in other areas overall but around here, they hardly have any new vehicles to sell.
I'm heard this point before, why does this not apply to ALL Ford's (including customer orders) ? I looked a new Explorer for the company and was quoted $1k under MSRP at the same dealership that had a dealer stock Bronco $15k over. It just seems like people are ok with dealer stock bronco's to subsidize the dealership. That said you're point is fair and appreciated. I'm truly trying to understand the difference of opinions.
Sponsored