Sponsored

After ADM's end will you go back to "that" dealer?

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm pretty PO'd about my local dealers and the ADM's they are trying to collect. Between the wife, work and me I purchase a new Ford about every 2 years it seems. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to buy local again, am I alone in thinking to grind this axe for years (or forever)?
We, wife and I stopped buying from local Ford dealer years ago. We buy from a dealer that’s 3 hours away...it’s that bad. I’ve tried in that time to give local dealers a chance but they’re just awful to deal with.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, the the quantity of the sin is something to take into consideration. With the market in its current state, anything 5k or below ADM is sort of ok…. Like they need to make some money because they don’t have a lot of inventory to sell and they do have families to feed.
Having said that though, these dealerships that went 10,15, or 20k markup…. Hell naw. Yes I’m watching, yes I will remember, and yes I buy enough vehicles for it to actually make a difference to a dealership.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco After ADM's end will you go back to "that" dealer? 3AA40A84-EE4C-4C18-998C-7C61B1995D00
For example: I was shopping for a diesel truck in December and got notified that there is a 25k markup on a Sierra Duramax I was looking at. Based on the price of the truck to begin with, 25k ADM represents a 33% markup from MSRP. These guys were friendly but there’s no way in hell they are getting my business ever again

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would never again do business with a dealership who marked up a customer's order when it was originally agreed upon that it would be done at MSRP.

However, I don't see much of an issue if a dealer decides to mark up certain vehicles on the lot. After all, the S in MSRP stands for Suggested. No one balks when there are huge incentives and vehicles are marked far under MSRP. There are 9 New Fords for sale across 2 of the local Ford dealerships. They're having a tremendously difficult time right now and so if they are marking stuff up to support themselves during this tough time, so be it.

Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not trying to pick a fight but why is that? Is because the people who bought wild bronco's jumped ahead of customer orders and need punished? OR ???

To me it's the same either way, the bronco was intended to be sold below MSRP, how much is anyone's guess. AT MSRP the dealer makes out like a bandit, there is no reason to mark them up above MSRP at all.
Free market capitalism.....sell things for what people will pay for them. Now if it is a customer order and you hit them with a surprise ADM that is unethical garbage.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

While I haven't received my Bronco, the dealer I'm working with has been fair. If the buying process goes as smooth as others has stated, they will be my preferred FORD dealer. They sell and offer deals on other makes.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of course I'd never speak to them again if they tried to slap an ADM onto a reserved, customer-ordered Bronco with no prior notification to the customer at the time of the order (as some have done, and should be burned at the stake for).

But ADM's on their dealer stock? Can't say I blame them too much for trying to maximize ROI on those (unless they acquired that stock by a reservation holder backing out over a surprise ADM, in which case, burn them at the stake).

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, the the quantity of the sin is something to take into consideration. With the market in its current state, anything 5k or below ADM is sort of ok…. Like they need to make some money because they don’t have a lot of inventory to sell and they do have families to feed.
Having said that though, these dealerships that went 10,15, or 20k markup…. Hell naw. Yes I’m watching, yes I will remember, and yes I buy enough vehicles for it to actually make a difference to a dealership.
This is how I feel about it too.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not even going back to Ford after this much less a Ford dealership.

Sponsored
OP
OP
77Ford

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Free market capitalism.....sell things for what people will pay for them. Now if it is a customer order and you hit them with a surprise ADM that is unethical garbage.
I'm agreeing with you, I'll take my money to a dealership that did not charge ANY ADM. I just think this is a short sighted flash in the pan that is going to create heart ache for years to come. I can hold a grudge for a very long time.

Brian803

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a fan of ADM, but given supply/demand I understand that it's just a reality at the moment with stock/abandoned orders. What I am not sympathetic to are customer orders where you agree to MSRP (either verbally, by email/text, or in a signed purchase agreement) and then AFTER the vehicle arrives the dealer changes the terms. I won't do business with a dealership that is dishonest.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You also need to consider the shady dealers that are hitting reservation holders with double digit ADM's hoping they walk so they can sell it to whoever and telling Ford that the truck was abandoned....

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don’t bother me, I’ll buy from whoever gives me the price I’m comfortable with.
Sponsored