Sponsored

After ADM's end will you go back to "that" dealer?

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they're slapping ADM on dealership lot cars, I don't care. It's just supply and demand thing. You gotta pay for cutting the line of people with 1 year+ order status.
But if they're doing that with Priority 10-19 orders, then that's a different story and they should be punished.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a geezer, and have owned nothing but Ford or Mercury vehicles. My experience has been regardless how many times you have previously purchased from a particular dealer, you are still susceptible to the shenanigans of the dealer during the next attempted purchase. NONE of the dealers have demonstrated any customer loyalty over an extended period. Always remember they are NOT your pal.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
3AA40A84-EE4C-4C18-998C-7C61B1995D00.png
For example: I was shopping for a diesel truck in December and got notified that there is a 25k markup on a Sierra Duramax I was looking at. Based on the price of the truck to begin with, 25k ADM represents a 33% markup from MSRP. These guys were friendly but thereā€™s no way in hell they are getting my business ever again
I wouldn't buy from them just because the salesman used "their" instead of "there". Lol

OP
OP
77Ford

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they're slapping ADM on dealership lot cars, I don't care. It's just supply and demand thing. You gotta pay for cutting the line of people with 1 year+ order status.
But if they're doing that with Priority 10-19 orders, then that's a different story and they should be punished.
I think on this forum this is the reason most people support ADM on dealer stock, it's a punishment tool. For the record I think Ford should of make the bronco's in the order (within reason) they were received.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the record I think Ford should [have made the Broncos] in the order (within reason) they were received.
That sounds fair on principle. However, what should Ford have done when they discovered they were having issues with certain components, such as MIC tops? Just stopped production right there and spent the next few months laying off workers and twiddling their thumbs while they waited for the suppliers to fix the problems? No, they built what they could with what they had and delivered those units in order to keep the line moving.

I do understand there were serious issues with Ford filling dealer allocations with Broncos before delivering identical units to customers with orders, as well as delivering MY22ā€™s before filling all of the MY21 orders, and itā€™s infuriating, so Iā€™m not letting them off that hook. I donā€™t know if weā€™ll ever hear the whole story behind their thinking, much less an apology. But it isnā€™t as simple as ā€œfirst come, first servedā€.

Sponsored
OP
OP
77Ford

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That sounds fair on principle. However, what should Ford have done when they discovered they were having issues with certain components, such as MIC tops? Just stopped production right there and spent the next few months laying off workers and twiddling their thumbs while they waited for the suppliers to fix the problems? No, they built what they could with what they had and delivered those units in order to keep the line moving.

I do understand there were serious issues with Ford filling dealer allocations with Broncos before delivering identical units to customers with orders, as well as delivering MY22ā€™s before filling all of the MY21 orders, and itā€™s infuriating, so Iā€™m not letting them off that hook. I donā€™t know if weā€™ll ever hear the whole story behind their thinking, much less an apology. But it isnā€™t as simple as ā€œfirst come, first servedā€.
That's what I'm saying with "within reason" I agree 100% with you, they have to keep the lines running.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m sure everyone in the no ADM in any situation category are passing on the 20% in increased value the average trade in has seen over the last 2 years. Because to accept that they would just be a bunch of money grubbing price gougers and well, thatā€™s just not right.

OP
OP
77Ford

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m sure everyone in the no ADM in any situation category are passing on the 20% in increased value the average trade in has seen over the last 2 years. Because to accept that they would just be a bunch of money grubbing price gougers and well, thatā€™s just not right.
I'm not sure that I follow your logic. I've got a trade that was worth 30k , the dealership offered me 36k (20% mark up). That gives them the right to charge me 20k over sticker and then sell my trade for 40k? Is that what you're saying? Doesn't that mean that get their cake and eat it to?

I did not sell or trade anything, the Bronco was just an add for my wife and I.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my first (and probably my only) new car. My dealer was awesome, good communication and MSRP. You couldnā€™t pay me to go to one of the dealerships that tried charging an arm and a leg from someone because of the ā€˜marketā€™ā€¦.Ya, the same market that the buyer has to live in? GTFOā€¦I get itā€™s slim pickings on actually having cars on your dealership but youā€™re destroying the relationship on someone that exists in this same covid situationā€¦I honestly wouldnā€™t be too upset if my dealership tried to go a bit above MSRP, but these assholes basically stealing reservations under the cloak of ā€˜didnā€™t have a signed agreementā€™, theyā€™re really gnawing on the hand that feedsā€¦

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure that I follow your logic. I've got a trade that was worth 30k , the dealership offered me 36k (20% mark up). That gives them the right to charge me 20k over sticker and then sell my trade for 40k? Is that what you're saying? Doesn't that mean that get their cake and eat it to?

I did not sell or trade anything, the Bronco was just an add for my wife and I.
My logic is that the same forces that allow dealers to charge ADM also have raised trade-in values. You may have not have had a trade in but most people do. These same people complain about ADM but donā€™t question the increased values for their trade in. They also had no problem in accepting $1,000s in rebates when dealer lots were flush with vehicles.

The issue here is not whether or not a dealer is charging ADM. The issue is whether or not they are honoring the sales terms they agreed to when the reservation/order was placed. On this very forum at the time reservations were first taken, there was a list posted with thousands of Ford dealers and what terms they were committing to. I moved my reservation based on the commitment my dealer was willing to make.

You canā€™t accept the benefits of a market economy when it works out in your favor without understanding that at times itā€™s going to work against you.

Maybe Ford should just take the Tesla approach of updating the MSRP every two weeks and then no one would complain.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think on this forum this is the reason most people support ADM on dealer stock, it's a punishment tool. For the record I think Ford should of make the bronco's in the order (within reason) they were received.
For my part, I never liked the early reservation scheme. People putting a piddly $100 refundable deposit on a vehicle, they hadn't test driven, much less seen in person. Some failing to negotiate a price, which was silly.

And everyone else was supposed to twiddle thumbs behind those cats? I'm not unhappy the reservation scheme jumped the shark, and people are getting Broncos outside of it.

If I had a magic wand, I'd have made Bronco delivery order, based on customer real usage of the key functionalities.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On a side note. I just got word that a dealer by me sent about 90% of their used trucks to auction. The trucks they probably paid to much for, like the 2019 F150 with 50K miles that they had priced at $80K. Haha. These trucks have been sitting for months and with gas prices rising they def aren't going to move that inventory any time soon.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not trying to pick a fight but why is that? Is because the people who bought wild bronco's jumped ahead of customer orders and need punished? OR ???

To me it's the same either way, the bronco was intended to be sold below MSRP, how much is anyone's guess. AT MSRP the dealer makes out like a bandit, there is no reason to mark them up above MSRP at all.
No I think itā€™s the simple fact that you have no issue taking advantage of a dealer when the tables are turned but they (the dealer) are assholes when they do the same thing. Itā€™s a bullshit double standard. As for your comment that dealers make out bandits selling at msrp is fucking laughable and show you obviously know nothing about new car sales. My wifeā€™s bronco sort had 800 dollars markup from invoice to msrp. Hardly making out like a bandit. And when you factor in the cost of brick and mortar as well as inventory, salaries and other stuff not to mention the bullshit ford dies to them I have no problem marking up non retail orders. I doubt very seriously when the market turns you will do the dealer any favors. Zero understanding of how economics works.
Sponsored