First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
As a Bronco Reservation holder for two years now, I wonder if anyone else is concern about the crash safety of Bronco! I mean Bronco is a cool car with lots of off-road capabilities but would it be safe enough to have your family in it when there’s no proper rating on it!
Just wondering your thoughts…
66F9A9F8-7672-4E1F-A3F8-CA426CB90EF0.jpeg
The 3 star is rollover and that’s about every SUV. Take a look at this, you will feel better: https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/bronco-4-door-suv/2021
I won’t buy something if it’s not safe and this is certainly a safe vehicle. Also take a look at the crash test video versus the Jeep. Jeep flips over and Bronco just absorbs it. There was also a significant head on with a Bronco and a Tesla and the guy driving the Bronco got banged up a bit but unfortunately the Tesla driver didn’t make it.
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sports Utility Vehicle, nowhere do I see Family Truckster mentioned?

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you buy a vehicle with the Sasquatch, those ratings are irrelevant anyway due to removal of the crash bars, but still included on the sticker. 😂

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today's Bronco is probably safer than anything (passenger car/truck) you rode or drove prior to 2000. Prove me wrong!

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The thing about crash test ratings is that they are under very specific circumstances. So, hit from this angle, this speed, this amount of force, etc. and none of this is secret to the manufacturer. Because of that, results could potentially be manipulated. Remember VW engineering computer to recognize when the engine was being run under the circumstances used to get mileage ratings in order to improve mileage scoring?
A high rating is still typically better than a low one, but take some of this with a grain of salt. If you want a better real world review, look for other independent sources like Consumer Reports or whatever.
With all of that said, if your Bronco is lifted, it is already going to be at a disadvantage for crash safety. However, I would say that with the number of airbags and other safety equipment built into modern cars, they are WAYYYY better than similar vehicles built over 10 years ago, so rest easy.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My other car is a Samurai, that tells you how much I care.
Those short wheelbase 4x4s were fun. For many years I drove a 1970 CJ-5. That's the version with the even shorter 81" wheelbase compared to later CJ-5s. It was basically hounded out of existence by 1983, due to supposed safety reasons.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a Bronco Reservation holder for two years now, I wonder if anyone else is concern about the crash safety of Bronco! I mean Bronco is a cool car with lots of off-road capabilities but would it be safe enough to have your family in it when there’s no proper rating on it!
Just wondering your thoughts…
I don't think one car I rode in as a kid would have better than 1 star ratings, not concerned at all. There probably isn't 1 non-unitbody off-road vehicle that has a high rollover rating - comes with the territory.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those short wheelbase 4x4s were fun. For many years I drove a 1970 CJ-5. That's the version with the even shorter 81" wheelbase compared to later CJ-5s. It was basically hounded out of existence by 1983, due to supposed safety reasons.

You're welcome... :D ...
Sponsored