Sponsored

UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the potential toll on the turbo when the oil feed to the bearing is constantly being stopped with the Auto Start Stop?
Water cooled turbos. The coolant is designed to flow backwards when the engine is shut off so the oil doesn’t coke.
Sponsored

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No different than hitting the button. Resets back on after car is turned off

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't understand why people get so angry having to push a button to turn it off. You literally have to push buttons hundreds of times while driving to change the radio station, cruise control, lane assist, to start the car, etc., etc., etc.. And if you have a 7MT you're constantly using multiple hands a feet.

But THAT button is a step too far and makes people want to smash their face into a wall. :unsure:
Stalling when you come to a stop is an annoying, unwanted “feature” that should be opt in rather than opt out or it should at least save the driver’s preference when restarting.
Jason

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Auto Start/Stop Eliminator......best $100 bucks I've spent so far.
Sport mode, best free feature that comes with the bronco

Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sport mode, best free feature that comes with the bronco
To each their own…$100 bucks I never have to worry about it again and don’t have to be in Sport mode 24/7

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I already had Forscan and OBD2 device since I've used Forscan for years on different Fords - but I did this the day we picked it up. 5 minutes - done. Since I did that I don't have anything being displayed on the Instrument Cluster about ASS. It's just disabled.

jjsgroi

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this guy trolling? I'm not even sure what he did but his ASS was off already so I'm skeptical.
Just went out and try it on and it worked..went for drive and stopped a few times and eng didn't shut off restarted a few times and a s s deactivated yeah

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Water cooled turbos. The coolant is designed to flow backwards when the engine is shut off so the oil doesn’t coke.
Thanks for the useful response. My previous turbocharged car also had a coolant pump that would keep running after the car was shut down in the right conditions.

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just went out and try it on and it worked..went for drive and stopped a few times and eng didn't shut off restarted a few times and a s s deactivated yeah
That happened because your Bronco never met all the conditions for it to be activated in the 1st place.

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The A.S.S. is the root cause of the cam phaser issues on the F150's. The tensioners for the timing chain are oil pump driven and when the engine shuts down at a light the oil drains out. When the light turns green and the engine starts there is a small amount of time where the timing chain is not tight and slapping against the phasers. Some dealerships started turning that off as part of the recall for the Phasers. That recall, as far as I know, was only for the 3.5EB trucks. I have not heard of the issue on the 2.7 or 2.3 but I deactivate all of mine for that reason alone.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UPDATE: So I got up early before work and headed to my local Ford dealer where my buddy is a service advisor and he had a tech look at it real quick. The Stop Start symbol with the line through it is a real thing, but it means that there is an issue with the system, it’s not an actual way to deactivate the Start Stop. So a couple things that are common, in the video and my self I did this with the doors off (my doors are on right now). Start Stop is still deactivated. So if any of you have your doors off it - give it a try. He said it’s probably one of two things..either it’s a ”sequencing issue” meaning they might have not sequenced it during coding for the doors to be off and turning the Start Stop off at the display or it may be a chip issue we’re they used a different chip because of shortage and that particular chip didn’t handle the start stop through the display the same way it does through the manual button. He offered to reset it, but I said nooo.

Not sure if someone posted a how to video on how to permanently deactivate the Bronco Start-Stop function..I searched and didn’t see anything..sorry if already posted.

Here I am trying to find a way to make sure it always activates when I come to a stop. It doesn't bother me and if it saves on gas why not.

Fathom

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen II Ford Raptor, '22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The A.S.S. is the root cause of the cam phaser issues on the F150's. The tensioners for the timing chain are oil pump driven and when the engine shuts down at a light the oil drains out. When the light turns green and the engine starts there is a small amount of time where the timing chain is not tight and slapping against the phasers. Some dealerships started turning that off as part of the recall for the Phasers. That recall, as far as I know, was only for the 3.5EB trucks. I have not heard of the issue on the 2.7 or 2.3 but I deactivate all of mine for that reason alone.
This makes sense! I have one of the F-150's under the cam phaser recalls and haven't stopped worrying about it since I took it in and the dealership tech listen to the engine and said "...don't hear a tick so it's fine" for now! I've had the start stop eliminator installed in the OBD port since I first picked it up. I do not believe that the A.S.S. is "harmless". I picked up my Bronco (finally) 3 days ago and installed the Eliminator the next day. Now if I can just figure out how to activate SiriusXM! :)
Sponsored