First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, the dipstick that came with my bronco is correct and I only need to fill with 6 quarts.
Correct for 6 not 7 … Raptor stick for 7…
Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, but only on the initial fill at the factory. Draining your oil pan does not drain those lines or turbos. The turbo could hold 55 gallons, but only 6 quarts is coming out when you drain the oil pan.
Not if I got 7 in it… 2.7… moreturbo… more lines needs more oil…

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not if I got 7 in it… 2.7… moreturbo… more lines needs more oil…
Lol! I'm just having fun anyway, as I've never owned a turbo, but my reading suggests that the larger factory fill is due to the turbos and lines needing initial fills

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol! I'm just having fun anyway, as I've never owned a turbo, but my reading suggests that the larger factory fill is due to the turbos and lines needing initial fills
Yep not rocket science

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Until the manual in my bronco reads 6 qts. It gets 7.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Until the manual in my bronco reads 6 qts. It gets 7.
Depending on which manual you look at, it already says 6.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Ford has the ability to do an ota update, why do you suppose it isn't updated if it is in fact 6 qts. I don't have another manual besides the supplemental which says nothing about it.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If Ford has the ability to do an ota update, why do you suppose it isn't updated if it is in fact 6 qts. I don't have another manual besides the supplemental which says nothing about it.
Because they don’t send out random updates instantly. They’ve already updated the HTML manuals online.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

S
Because they don’t send out random updates instantly. They’ve already updated the HTML manuals online.
Seems like an important update no? The more information I obtain in here, the less I trust the brand.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

S
Seems like an important update no? The more information I obtain in here, the less I trust the brand.
Guess they don’t think it’s that important. They let dealerships know, that’s all they’re worried about.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That really doesn't clear up anything other than to serve to cover their changes to the documentation over giving the dealer technicians and service department a valid reason why they have this huge discrepancy in why the factory fill is 1 quart higher on the 2.7L in the Bronco vs the rest of the 2.7L applications but they want to reduce the service fill from 7 quarts down to the same 6 quarts of the rest of the applications for the 2.7L vs admitting that they screwed up the dip stick and at least providing clear guidance vs saying well following the original service fill is unnecessary but won't cause any harm, but we want you to shortfill the oil level anyway.
The correct oil level now is uncertain between 6-7 quarts but running at 6 quarts is at greater risk for engine damage if it's meant to have 7 in order to ensure proper oiling when off road and at extreme angles.

The factory fill being at 7.5 quarts vs 6.5 on the other applications indicates that they meant for it to run 7 quart service fills but it's easier and cheaper to change the documentation than to issue the customers corrected dip sticks.

So no I'm not satisfied with their excuse that oh we accidentally released the Raptor specific dip stick for the 2.7L when the Raptor is supposed to be a 7.5 quart service fill and 8 quart factory fill on the 3.0L. This makes way less sense than what the truth is, which is that they don't want to admit more than they have to, but by saying it's okay to still run 7 quart service fills with the wrong dip stick they also voided the clause in the owner's guide about not filling past the max fill mark by saying that running 7 quarts at service fill will cause no harm.

What they should be doing instead is providing the correct dip sticks for the 7 qt service fill on the 2.7L Bronco, not treating us like idiots.
Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 1660353251546

You show that windmill who is boss!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I guess that I will continue to split the difference, the same amount of oil seems to come out as I put in and I seem to have had no issues over the past 33,000 miles... so, I am going to call it done at 6.5 quarts.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I think this is a conspiracy by Ford because they know these engines won't last until the powertrain warranty is up. Regardless if you use 6 or 7 quarts, Ford will tell you that it was incorrect amount of oil and they won't cover the engine loss.
Sponsored