Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What if we did covp in our original walk-in for 2022 model? The driver license, etc.
You will have to supply a copy of it again. Dealers won't keep it on file. It will be shredded after they upload the documentation.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer also told me last week when I questioned them about COVP that there wasn’t going to be a COVP program on the Bronco, and there was no need for me to do that.
Guess they haven't gotten around to reading the MY23 playbook yet.

Djveks22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
You will have to supply a copy of it again. Dealers won't keep it on file. It will be shredded after they upload the documentation.
Oh cool . Better if the guy just looks at his dealer email account. Probably not deleted .

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh cool . Better if the guy just looks at his dealer email account. Probably not deleted .
Probably it is still in their inbox. But if they are a large volume dealership, those emails are probably deleted. Look at a dealer like Granger. They have 700 some orders to process. If I'm on staff, no way am I keeping an email from a year ago when the last time the DL was requested.

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped by the dealership on Friday to see if I could schedule the review of the conversion of my unscheduled clean order from MY2022 to MY 2023. I was somewhat confused by the responses to some of the questions that I asked.

I indicated that I would like to schedule a review of the order and complete the COVP process in the next couple of weeks. It was indicated that all unscheduled orders will be automatically converted to MY 2023 and that there is not reason to come in. I followed up with is there not a requirement to verify drivers license and sign a new purchase agreement and the answer was no that was not required. Interesting because it contradicts everything that I have read on this forum.

I then asked about what there thoughts were on how long it would take and the quick answer I received was to expect a 2025, perhaps a 2024 if I was lucky. Wow, that really threw me for a loop. I thought that they were not going to open up ordering MY 2023 until most previous unscheduled orders has received VIN's and been scheduled for production. 2025 is a long ways away.

I was a walk in retail order on 3/1/2022 and do not have a reservation . I received my order confirmation from Ford in almost 1 hour (Great). It has never shown up on my Ford account under a reservation or order, but the folks from the marketing group (I appreciate their feedback and responses) have always been able to confirm that my order is in their system using the Sales Code and Order Code on my order summary. It has always been reported unscheduled clean. It does scare me a little bit that the order is in their system, but I cannot see it attached to my ford account. No swag has ever been sent and no other email correspondence has been sent. I just read last week that emails were beginning to be sent to all unscheduled order holders indicating that they will be converted to MY 2023.

So just a bit concerned on how I should follow up on this. No COVP process for Bronco MY2023 conversions? Projecting 2025 delivery? This cannot be correct.
I'm in the exact same boat down to the day I placed my order. And I was told by my dealer I maybe looking at 24 since their orders already exceed their 23 allocation. And as you, I only ever got an order confirmation and no conversion e-mail. I feel you!

Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never received any emails about conversions or anything except the order confirmed.

I think its incomprehensible a dealer can not advise where you are in line for your order, what their allocation is and a rough estimate on when your order should go through (minus constraints, blah blah). You go to buy a car because you either need one or want one. If you never know when you are going to get it, it starts to become questionable even waiting. If you can't move your order to another dealer, why can't they come clean on delivery expectations?

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When does the Bronco become the new Edsel??

Rick66

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am amazed at how many people call Ford and ask about their orders. I reserved two years ago and I've never called them and it appears you ordered yours 6 months ago and have called multiple times?? Why. I don't understand what you all expect by calling them??
Well, we at least get honest answers from the Ford team. That's why we call them. Nothing, ever, from the dealer. As I was assessing my plans to convert my MY 22 Bronco order, I called Ford to get the "schedule". To my surprise, I was given a build week and a VIN! (Late Oct). Called my dealer, playing the I don't know what's going on card, and got the be prepared to order a '23 response. But when I came clean and provided them with my VIN,....
You can guess their sheepish reply...

That, is why some people need to call the Ford line. Their dealer is too lazy to check regularly for that info and pass it to the customer

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stopped by the dealership on Friday to see if I could schedule the review of the conversion of my unscheduled clean order from MY2022 to MY 2023. I was somewhat confused by the responses to some of the questions that I asked.

I indicated that I would like to schedule a review of the order and complete the COVP process in the next couple of weeks. It was indicated that all unscheduled orders will be automatically converted to MY 2023 and that there is not reason to come in. I followed up with is there not a requirement to verify drivers license and sign a new purchase agreement and the answer was no that was not required. Interesting because it contradicts everything that I have read on this forum.

I then asked about what there thoughts were on how long it would take and the quick answer I received was to expect a 2025, perhaps a 2024 if I was lucky. Wow, that really threw me for a loop. I thought that they were not going to open up ordering MY 2023 until most previous unscheduled orders has received VIN's and been scheduled for production. 2025 is a long ways away.

I was a walk in retail order on 3/1/2022 and do not have a reservation . I received my order confirmation from Ford in almost 1 hour (Great). It has never shown up on my Ford account under a reservation or order, but the folks from the marketing group (I appreciate their feedback and responses) have always been able to confirm that my order is in their system using the Sales Code and Order Code on my order summary. It has always been reported unscheduled clean. It does scare me a little bit that the order is in their system, but I cannot see it attached to my ford account. No swag has ever been sent and no other email correspondence has been sent. I just read last week that emails were beginning to be sent to all unscheduled order holders indicating that they will be converted to MY 2023.

So just a bit concerned on how I should follow up on this. No COVP process for Bronco MY2023 conversions? Projecting 2025 delivery? This cannot be correct.
what dealer?

CrytpX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992S, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2025, time to reassess your options. The 6th gen 4Runner will be out in 2024, the 2026 VW Scout is worth a look, the Jeep Recon releases in Europe in 2024, perhaps they will bring it here in 2025.

Keep your options open.
This!

So many new options, not sure if Bronco will be worth getting by the time Ford delivers.

Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A walk-in order never shows up in your account. Sales code/order number is needed when inquiring with customer service. No emails (other than confirmation) and no swag.

For MY'23, the order banks are closed except for dealer stock orders and those that are rolling over from MY'22. Ford will evaluate in the 4Q when to open it up for new orders. They never said that it would stay closed until the backlog is scheduled with VINs. After 11/21/22, the order bank will be purged of orders that remain with a PC'99 along with unconverted reservations. All orders rolled over to MY'23 are set with a PC'99. Part of the process of updating the order (even if no changes to the build)is uploading the required verification with COVP. When the information is accepted, then the order will be updated with a PC'10-19 (dealer discretion). If your dealer doesn't follow through with COVP, the order will eventually be deleted.
That's incorrect regarding no emails for walk in orders or atleast thats not my case. I'm a walk in order and recieved emails including order confirmation and scheduled for production, (thats how i recieved my VIN and WS) next should be the built then shipped emails.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealer also told me last week when I questioned them about COVP that there wasn’t going to be a COVP program on the Bronco, and there was no need for me to do that.
The infamous "my dealer told me". enough said.

Bryced15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The infamous "my dealer told me". enough said.
I wonder how many other dealers will be the same way, and people who aren’t educated from forums won’t know to push for COVP.
Sponsored