Sponsored

Subjective red flags I see... now that I've had some time to let the hype settle in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Regarding turning radius, the Bronco is based on the Ranger platform and my Ranger turns on a dime. So probably safe there.
Sponsored

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You lost me here. Are Wrangler and Bronco owners supposed to abandon their families to live in the woods?

I think you're taking this whole 'Sasquatch' thing a little too far :ROFLMAO:
Abandoning our families and living in the woods is an option? Just kidding.....

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really all bronco's are poser vehicles, even guys who take them off road a lot will still take their bronco to Starbucks and the grocery store more than the local trail head.

The vast majority will never get within 15 miles from a trailhead

People are buying an image to show to others, like buying a luxury car.... It's just our attempt to look cool and that's completely okay

Really everything above the most basic transportation is a poser vehicle

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its a question, not a statement. What's your answer?

BTW, I was a jeep owner when the first 4 door jeep came out. It was not well received by the owners groups that demanded things like All jeeps having only round headlights and only 7 slats in the Jeep grill. There was some push-back on the 4 door as it transposed the image of a classic offroad rugged vehicle to a mere "grocery getter" My question is what are your thoughts in regards to the new 4 Door bronco. The original classic only had two.... (full disclosure: I've ordered two 4 door Broncos)
Answer to what? I owe you nothing.

Why are you looking for some sort of validation from others on your purchase decision? You're the one making the payments on it, not them. Who cares what others think of what you buy.

Sponsored

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its all relative:
"I drive a 2-door therefore 4-doors are for posers."
"I drive a manual because I'm a 'real man'"
"Anything less than an old, underpowered, gas sucking, big block V8 is for sissies"

Unless you go with angry eyes or 20" dubs I think you'll be ok.
That's how I read that. I can't wait for all the angry-eyed dude-bro Bronco's with green LED's and Monster stickers.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is subjective.... Hope I don't offend anyone.
Was really excited to see the release of the new Bronco. So far, Ford has not disappointed...
However, its been a few weeks and the hangover is gone....

Some real observations:
- Are 4 doors for posers? I see 4 door jeep owners riding around with the doors off taking the kids to soccer practice and PTA meetings.... Is the real Bronco a 2 door and the 4 door for posers???
Being so new, not sure why you'd want to wade into these waters? Almost like something a journalist would do, but anyway.

Yes, technically, true off road vehicles have the shortest wheelbase possible in order to protect the middle of the vehicle, but this is primarily for rock crawling. For overlanding, a longer wheelbase isn't that big of a deal. Plus, now you have advancements of technologies and automotive engineering where a limo long Jeep Gladiator can reasonably crawl over rocks and obstacles in the hands of a skilled or brave driver.

Poseur is something that can maybe be used for a lot of vehicles. Personally, I think anyone who owns a Vette or 911 and doesn't do any track time in the cars are posing. Why spend that much for that much power only to do traffic light drag races or illegally do 90 mph on the highway thinking that 90 is actually fast; it's not and you're just driving in a straight line which is boring.

Most Americans are into an image. Maybe you're chasing an image when on your bikes that you're the next X Games star or a badass at Sturgis? Who knows?

This is the beauty of versatility, a Bronco can appeal to both the true off roader/camper, or the city boy/suburban mall crawler who just wants to chauffeur their kids around in a "cool looking" SUV rather than just another Highlander, Tahoe, or Explorer....

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Regarding turning radius, the Bronco is based on the Ranger platform and my Ranger turns on a dime. So probably safe there.
A 42 foot turning circle is on a dime now? Maybe that's ok for a truck
But it's 4 feet worse than a CR-V or 6 feet worse than a RAV4 and those are a similar size vehicle

Compact cars turn even tighter than that

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many Raptors ever go off road? How many Mustangs ever hit the strip or the track?

No the 4 door is not for posers. Yes there will be plenty of Broncos that never go off road. Just be thankful enough people are buying them to keep them around for the people that use them to the fullest.

As for no replacement for displacement, yes there is. It's called Boost. I have no doubt in my mind that if ford put the HO 3.5 EB in the Mustang it would destroy the 5.0 in accleration
But if you turbo'd the 5.0 then he'd beat the 3.5 turbo.

So, all things remaining equal, there is no replacement for displacement.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Funny as I would say your Explorer is bloated and fat. But, no offense.

The two door was patterned after the original Bronco. Stretch it a bit and you get increased utility but sacrifice on appearance a bit. Poser? Maybe for some folks but I really don't care. I've done my fair share of off roading and I have nothing to prove to anyone. Ranking people as posers or not sounds like a you-issue.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanna see a poser? Buying the vehicle you want doesn’t make you a poser.

Ford Bronco Subjective red flags I see... now that I've had some time to let the hype settle in... 1599156012891

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Posers? Trust me, big tires will not compensate....

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
- Are 4 doors for posers?

It's a toy. Unless you live on the top of a mountain with no road, we're all posers. We live in comfortable homes and go out into the woods to get stuck.

- Its small...

As it's designed to be. The Bronco is a totally different vehicle than the Explorer. There will be plenty of accessories for bike transportation, I'm sure.

- Ground clearance is the same...

There are packages to go beyond base ground clearance. You choose what's best for your needs.

- Turning radius...

Time will tell, but I'm sure Ford was concerned about things like turning radius when designing the front end.

- Small engine options...

Welcome to the age of boost. Displacement is a thing of the past.

- towing...

Off-road focus, towing is less of a priority.

- Cost...

Welcome to new vehicles in 2020. The Explorer in 2009 was expensive for its day as well.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many Raptors ever go off road? How many Mustangs ever hit the strip or the track?

No the 4 door is not for posers. Yes there will be plenty of Broncos that never go off road. Just be thankful enough people are buying them to keep them around for the people that use them to the fullest.

As for no replacement for displacement, yes there is. It's called Boost. I have no doubt in my mind that if ford put the HO 3.5 EB in the Mustang it would destroy the 5.0 in accleration
Although - you don't have to hit the track/strip to make use of the speed and handling of a sports car. I'm flying around twists and turns in mine often, in a way that I simply can't in our eco car or Wrangler. In fact I was just out last night for a drive with my sons to test out the car on some winding roads.

I agree the 4 door Bronco is not for posers. (In fact the added length can sometimes be better off-road than the shorter 2-door depending on terrain.) But the Bronco itself - let's get real - it can be for posers. In fact Ford is counting on it, same as Jeep counts on those kind of buyers for the Wrangler. I'm counting on it.

As you suggest and I mentioned in an earlier comment, people buying for image, while not necessarily a good thing for them, is generally good for those who still want and will use the utility in the vehicle. (As long as Ford doesn't gentrify and "Blazer" it out for those people.) People wanting the top down and off-road utility of the Bronco and Wrangler, probably would not get that functionality, if not for other people helping to finance the vehicle by purchasing the image.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's how I read that. I can't wait for all the angry-eyed dude-bro Bronco's with green LED's and Monster stickers.
All the this! I try not to be judgmental, but some people make it really hard.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.