Annaliese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2Dr Wildtrak HOSS 3.0, 2020 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, maybe this will help you poor souls out with some enlightenment.

I have a 2022 WT HOSS 3.0 Lux that was delivered to me on October 12. Two weeks ago it started bucking while I was driving it and after I pulled it over, it would start but sputter to a stop about 10 seconds later. The dealer initially diagnosed this as a bad "Battery Junction Box" but when this part didn't fix it, they decided it was the PCM (Powertrain Control Module, essentially the engine control module and transmission control module all in one). The dealer has been informed that Ford has no PCMs and they have no clue when they'll be able to ship one to fix my Bronco.

Meanwhile it sits at the dealer waiting. I had to make the first payment on a Bronco that I didn't have in my driveway and had no clue when it would return.

So, I guess I'm on "delayed chip hold." It sounds like a lot of you folks are WT HOSS 3.0 builds, so I would guess there's a fair chance that you're waiting on a PCM.
Sponsored

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp, in today's update from Ford Chat we were told that we no longer even have an estimated delivery date on our November 10 build that is stuck in production, after being told last night that it had been bumped to early-mid January.
:mad:

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the corporate meetings where the Ford suits decide policies on what to tell us about getting these vehicles completed. I'm sure no one in the room has uttered the phrase, "The right thing to do would be ________." It's all about marketing, satisfying investors by keeping the line moving while our vehicles sit, and trying to cover up how much of a disaster their own decisions have caused for the entire Bronco release.
🤡

Just watch. There will likely be new walk in orders from 2023 (with identical builds) that will be delivered before these forgotten 2022s that Ford is sitting on now.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Welp, in today's update from Ford Chat we were told that we no longer even have an estimated delivery date on our November 10 build that is stuck in production, after being told last night that it had been bumped to early-mid January.
:mad:

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the corporate meetings where the Ford suits decide policies on what to tell us about getting these vehicles completed. I'm sure no one in the room has uttered the phrase, "The right thing to do would be ________." It's all about marketing, satisfying investors by keeping the line moving while our vehicles sit, and trying to cover up how much of a disaster their own decisions have caused for the entire Bronco release.
🤡

Just watch. There will likely be new walk in orders from 2023 (with identical builds) that will be delivered before these forgotten 2022s that Ford is sitting on now.
update,

talked to Ford and Ford performance. Keep in mind my Blend date was 10/24...so maybe Ford is starting with the ones sitting the longest. Not sure if anyone else here is prior to my date, if there is call Ford and see what they say.

Both said “released” waiting on shipment, “no holds.”

Hopefully Ford is starting to get us shipped out.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, like a person above, I have a bad module or multiple ones, so don't be in any rush, you may enjoy it for a moment, but it may just being going back to the dealer for months of waiting. Had mine for just short of 2 weeks and now may be at the dealer for 2 months. Last person I seen on here had the problem start in August, just got fixed at the end of October. One person went from June - Sept with it down. Just because you get it, doesn't mean all is well. As you can see in my sig, it's new and not long before the chip holds started, so hopefully, your chips will be good. If not, have fun with yet another issue.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, like a person above, I have a bad module or multiple ones, so don't be in any rush, you may enjoy it for a moment, but it may just being going back to the dealer for months of waiting. Had mine for just short of 2 weeks and now may be at the dealer for 2 months. Last person I seen on here had the problem start in August, just got fixed at the end of October. One person went from June - Sept with it down. Just because you get it, doesn't mean all is well. As you can see in my sig, it's new and not long before the chip holds started, so hopefully, your chips will be good. If not, have fun with yet another issue.
you know the part number?

Sponsored

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No chip hold here, but my rig was built at the end of August and I still haven’t taken delivery yet. The only method that successfully got me out of awaiting shipment purgatory and onto a railcar were angry e-mails to the top brass at corporate. I already made 2 auto loan payments on a Bronco I don’t even own yet, so questioning the legality of that may have helped get things moving as well. I’m just hoping I receive my Bronco before the impending rail strike on 12/9.

Bmanati

Outer Banks
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No chip hold here, but my rig was built at the end of August and I still haven’t taken delivery yet. The only method that successfully got me out of awaiting shipment purgatory and onto a railcar were angry e-mails to the top brass at corporate. I already made 2 auto loan payments on a Bronco I don’t even own yet, so questioning the legality of that may have helped get things moving as well. I’m just hoping I receive my Bronco before the impending rail strike on 12/9.
Who did you call? Can you give the number? Thank you!

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
wtf!!! 😳

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who did you call? Can you give the number? Thank you!
Jim Azzouz
Director, Customer Experience
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Elena Ford
Chief Customer Experience Officer
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Frederiek Toney
Vice President Global Ford Customer Service Division
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Chief Executive
Jim Farley
President and CEO
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 322-3000
[email protected]

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jim Azzouz
Director, Customer Experience
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Elena Ford
Chief Customer Experience Officer
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Frederiek Toney
Vice President Global Ford Customer Service Division
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Chief Executive
Jim Farley
President and CEO
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 322-3000
[email protected]
lol...Twitter Ford guy Jim gonna have to get a new number after this😂

Sponsored

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No, just dropped it at the dealer. Will I need it for something?
just curious is all. My bro-in-law works for a Ford dealer as parts manager.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha. Didn't know if you knew of a batch that was bad. A few forum friends from my build week are now tracking. One of them has a flickering front camera issue for the last 3 weeks (started the 1st week of ownership, as well) that he is just now today getting into the dealer for. I guess I will wait and see what they tell him is wrong. Hopefully, it's not a bad module doing that, but at this point, who knows.

bramasole

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2013 Porsche Cayenne, 2016 BMW X6M
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Chip hold for me...yay