Sponsored

Why didn't Ford integrate the keypad into pillar?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder why Ford didn’t build the keypad into pillar like other models Instead of the stick on version.
Sponsored

Last edited:

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wonder why Ford didn’t build the keypad into pillar like all the other Fords? Instead of the stick on version.
I’ve read somewhere on the forum, that the keypad is easily relocated to inside the fuel door.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s the point of the keypad assuming you have the FordPass app to unlock the vehicle?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the point of the keypad assuming you have the FordPass app to unlock the vehicle?
Keypad is easier and faster than your cell phone, and if works even without cell service.

And for me, I don't typically have my phone in my pocket all hours of the day—I couldnt even tell you where my phone is at the moment—though I suspect I'm in the minority there.

Nosferatu

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keypad is easier and faster than your cell phone, and if works even without cell service.

And for me, I don't typically have my phone in my pocket all hours of the day—I couldnt even tell you where my phone is at the moment—though I suspect I'm in the minority there.
Yep, I use the one on my F350 daily. Not always to unlock it, but for locking it, the keypad is much easier and faster than even fumbling with the keyfob. Shut the door, hit the 2 buttons and walk away. Done and done.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Porsche 914, 2021 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use mine to lock the Bronco on exit. Key is typically in my pocket. Too much work to take it out ;-)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don’t even know what my cell phone number is. If I use 3% of the phones capability that would be a lot.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I use mine to lock the Bronco on exit. Key is typically in my pocket. Too much work to take it out ;-)
I don’t have a keypad, but I just hit the lock button on the door before I close it. I have been considering buying one though and putting it on the gas door like a lot of others.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This may be stupid, but my Super Duty and Bronco key fobs stay in them 24/7 unless I'm on a road trip. I use the keypad to lock and unlock all the time.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FordPass doesn’t work half the time. Especially of late.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The majority of the time when I'm enjoying the 4x4 capabilities of my Bronco, there is no cell service. You might have good cell service in most of your state, but a large part of Idaho has none.

I have an escape with built-in keypad. It's quite handy. I guess they could have put it in the B-pillar. The stick-on keypad doesn't bother me. But once the battery dies, I'll have a reason to complain.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the keypad. I'm up in the mountains most the time and have no cell coverage for the Ford Pass app. I don't want to take the key with me when I'm running mountain trails, so the keypad works perfectly for me.
Sponsored