Sponsored

UTAH Need's Everyone Help To Save Some Land.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

this sucks. It’s all about $$. Some developer smells 2 million dollar a pop houses with a view and won’t stop. If this goes through say goodbye to land access that is out there now. The masses are leaving the cesspool crime riddled cities and their sights are on the beautiful southwest.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From the site, the wording sounds like the land is being gained to protect endangered species and not for development. 🤷🏼‍♂️

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From the site, the wording sounds like the land is being gained to protect endangered species and not for development. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Gotta read between the lines, smoke and mirrors...where the natural skepticism towards the BS story???

These days if a person isn't somewhat skeptical then they're a whole lot gullible.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see no conspiracy. But I'm also not prone to seeing them.

"The BLM proposes to complete a land exchange with the Washington County Water Conservancy District (District) involving two parcels in Washington County, Utah. The exchange would be between the BLM and the District, with Washington County acting as facilitator. The United States (U.S.) would acquire the surface estate of one Non-Federal parcel located within the Reserve, the acreage of which will be determined following valuation of the Federal parcel. In exchange, the U.S. would convey title to the surface and mineral estate of one Federal parcel totaling 1047 acres. The proposed exchange would provide for the acquisition of designated critical habitat for the Federally-threatened Mojave desert tortoise and consolidate Federal ownership within the Reserve and Red Cliffs National Conservation Area, resulting in more efficient management of the BLM-administered lands and reducing the risks of habitat loss through development of private lands."

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been following this for awhile, so I'll explain a bit...

Currently there is a parcel of land managed by Washington Country. That land is habitat for endangered tortoises, plus if you look at the map of Washington Country land vs BLM land... it just makes sense for the federal government to manage it via the Bureau of Land Management.

Washington Country (and Utah as a whole) have been faced with a huge influx of residents and housing costs have climbed dramatically in recent years. They've been looking to sell off land for developers for awhile now, both to increase their tax base and help reduce housing costs. In order to do this, you need more housing, and the land currently under BLM control makes a lot of sense.

HOWEVER... that area is heavily used by the off-road community is southern Utah. And obviously those in that community want to protect that land for their own recreation. So... that's the rub. Reduced housing costs, a larger tax base, and federal control over habitat for federally endangered species... versus recreation for folks who have always used the land for their own enjoyment.

EDIT:

VERY rough map of the trails impacted, for those curious

Ford Bronco UTAH Need's Everyone Help To Save Some Land. 1679415131805

Last edited:

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This issue exists everywhere today and we all should be aware of it. If you are an off-road enthusiast you have come across this in almost every state. Was nice to see a Bronco in the video standing proud with the MORR team.

Bronco_montana

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I agree you can’t beat the government- some western states have successfully blocked several of these deals. Outdoor people are a big part of the population - tho that is slowly changing as people flee places like CA etc.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is sickening. I’m so glad the MORR team made the video public to get more attention to it

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One weird thing that stands out is the Fed is giving up mineral rights and not receiving them on the exchanged parcel.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sent my email!

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

!!! TEAM TORTOISE !!!

I will back whoever would help the tortoise the most.
And something tells me thats not : 4WD vehicles roaming around - OR - new houses...

Ford Bronco UTAH Need's Everyone Help To Save Some Land. tort_mating2

Ford Bronco UTAH Need's Everyone Help To Save Some Land. DTposter
Sponsored