Sponsored

Blck Diamond Sas or Badland non sas? Ordering tomorrow.

Hunter05

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Built similar w mid package and 2.3 auto. Same price ($52k ish). Black diamond is a Sasquatch and the badland is not. Advice is appreciated. Ordering tomorrow. Thx in advance.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Opinion. The non Sas Badlands is the perfect Bronco: 4.46s, lockers, sway bar disconnect and 33s. Unless you forsee going up to 35s or bigger.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order banks aren't open that I know of so you're definitely not ordering tomorrow. D:

It's possible that your dealer is going to just going to place you into a queue at their dealer and then when the order banks open (who knows when) then they'll place your order.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on usage, do you need the extra off-road goodies of the BL or just looking for tire size with the SAS. You can add the manual discos and Rock Crawl and then you’ve got a BL for the most part.

Sponsored

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order banks aren't open that I know of so you're definitely not ordering tomorrow. D:

It's possible that your dealer is going to just going to place you into a queue at their dealer and then when the order banks open (who knows when) then they'll place your order.
There are still dealers with allocations and yes banks are still open, the hype they would only stay open a short time was just that, hype.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a BD 2.3 SAS and love it. The biggest advantage to the badlands would be the high/lux package if you wanted more tech.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had this same debate. Went BD with Sasquatch and I am very glad I did. I didn’t want an electronic sway bar disconnect and figured I could add a manual disconnect at a later point. I went with 2.7 and that seems perfectly paired with 4.7 gearing.

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a month into my BD 2.7 SAS. Going to the Off Rodeo this weekend reaffirmed my choice to load out a BD SAS. I don’t ever see myself doing serious enough crawling that the sway bar disco would be needed but having the 35s with both front and rear lockers is it. I have no BL envy.

OP
OP

Hunter05

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd take the 4.7 gearing an extra .5" of lift, wider flares and rims with the proper offset for 35's over disco.
Isn’t there more travel in the non sas badlands? Thinking I could just put my Toyo 285/75/17 onto it (currently on my BB) and be good to go.

Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes the Badlands non-sas apparently has a bit more travel. Here’s an article for what it’s worth that may or may not help on that subject:
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/11/03/ford-bronco-suspension-deep-dive/
however, since I’m still waiting take my opinion with a grain of salt.
I think you will be happy either way. There’s so much you can do aftermkt to achieve what you want.
good luck

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the Off Roadeo in a non-Sas Badlands and it handled everything the Sasquatches did just as cleanly. (If you plan on getting crazier than that, I can’t speak to the experience). With that said, if you’re not getting High Package, I think it comes down to which do you like better: Blue trim or Orange? I had a stock BD with mid package and LOVED it. Just sold it to pay for my Grangetober Badlands order with the High package. You have two great options. I don’t think you can go wrong. Enjoy!

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a non-sas Badlands and love it but I wanted Lux (downgraded to High....) and manual transmission.

If you aren't concerned about High or Lux and/or a manual transmission with the mid (or higher) package, then I suppose it makes sense to get the Black Diamond sasquatch. Plus you'll get Sport mode with the BD which could be a plus.

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted the high package on the Badlands and now after having for a year, I could never drop that. If I wasn't getting high, I would choose the SAS Black Diamond.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a non sas BL with Lux and love it. BTW - Don't forget the manual trans comes with 4.70 gears.
Sponsored