Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sasq. also has the locking front/rear dif. I don't think that is on the Badlands as a standard. That along is something big of a difference.
It is standard, that is why the package will cost less on the Badlands
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands on stock 33" tires will be more than capable for most offroading.

If it does not stick, you'll be much happier with 33" tires as you can buy them in the softer riding load range P, sometimes called load range S tires, 35" tires are not.
you cant get smoother riding 35s?

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have First Edition and Wildtrak reserved. I'm now leaning toward Badlands with the 33s. Since I haven't had a Wrangler before, and don't do much off-roading (but still want the truck to look badass), I didn't realize how the 35 mt tires are supposedly noticeably bad in snow and wet conditions.... If they are strictly for off-roading, and im mostly going to be doing neighborhood driving (ie taking my kids to baseball games, going hiking, driving through the snow, etc.), I think that the 33 ATs on the Badlands might be a better choice?

The only reason I would regret the decision is if the Sasquatch with the 35s looks THAT much better and more rugged. But if its not that dramatic of a visual difference, then I think I'd go with the non-Sasquatch Badlands for all around.

In terms of the First Edition, I'll probably give that reservation up in the end. I don't like all the restrictions on colors, etc., and not sure the price is worth it.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have First Edition and Wildtrak reserved. I'm now leaning toward Badlands with the 33s. Since I haven't had a Wrangler before, and don't do much off-roading (but still want the truck to look badass), I didn't realize how the 35 mt tires are supposedly noticeably bad in snow and wet conditions.... If they are strictly for off-roading, and im mostly going to be doing neighborhood driving (ie taking my kids to baseball games, going hiking, driving through the snow, etc.), I think that the 33 ATs on the Badlands might be a better choice?

The only reason I would regret the decision is if the Sasquatch with the 35s looks THAT much better and more rugged. But if its not that dramatic of a visual difference, then I think I'd go with the non-Sasquatch Badlands for all around.

In terms of the First Edition, I'll probably give that reservation up in the end. I don't like all the restrictions on colors, etc., and not sure the price is worth it.
wait are the 35s actually bad in snow and rain?

why?

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why?
They will not be as good as the 33 BFGs. The tread pattern of the 35 MTs will not be as good in the conditions that you mention. This is just the way it is. Mud Terrain tires aren't, and really can't be. They're designed and optimized for mud and off road conditions. The MTs will be better in rain and snow than slicks.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will not be as good as the 33 BFGs. The tread pattern of the 35 MTs will not be as good in the conditions that you mention. This is just the way it is. Mud Terrain tires aren't, and really can't be. They're designed and optimized for mud and off road conditions. The MTs will be better in rain and snow than slicks.
but HOW bad

I just did a quick google and it seemed that they just wont perform as good as normal all weather tires. Not TERRIBLE

I dont want tires that will be shit in the rain. But i can deal with a slight downgrade

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d wait for some reviews on these before passing judgement. In general you are right, but these M/Ts have a lot of siping and edges, from the looks of it more than some A/Ts. They are M&S rated...not sure on the mountain snowflake yet, but the are going to test it for that.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d wait for some reviews on these before passing judgement. In general you are right, but these M/Ts have a lot of siping and edges, from the looks of it more than some A/Ts. They are M&S rated...not sure on the mountain snowflake yet, but the are going to test it for that.
This is a good point. I've seen the close-ups, they won't be as bad as a stereotypical MT tire, that's almost certain. I also heard that they qualified for the snowflake symbol.

I'll still stand by my statement that they won't be as good as the KO2s. But I don't know anything more than anyone else here. But I like my odds on the bet.

EDIT: I made no statement in absolute terms about their performance. Only relative performance vs the KO2s and slicks. My lawyer reviews all of my posts first. :ROFLMAO:

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a good point. I've seen the close-ups, they won't be as bad as a stereotypical MT tire, that's almost certain. I also heard that they qualified for the snowflake symbol.

I'll still stand by my statement that they won't be as good as the KO2s. But I don't know anything more than anyone else here. But I like my odds on the bet.

EDIT: I made no statement in absolute terms about their performance. Only relative performance vs the KO2s and slicks. My lawyer reviews all of my posts first. :ROFLMAO:

why?
Like I said, I don't have experience with it. But I've read enough posts now from people who have had Wranglers or other truck with 35s and were saying that the 35 MTs (obviously a dif tire, but the tread patterns are probably similar due to the intended use) cause softness and other issues in the snow and rain.

Are the 33 AT that much better for wet and road conditions? I have no idea, but that's what most people have been suggesting.

I don't think it is a dealbreaker. I was just saying for my case, where I deal with a lot of snow and rain, I'm questioning whether the Sasquatch might not be worth the pain (if the 33s look almost as good).

A lot of people are posting good comments here about the difference so that's helpful.

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not pass on Sasquatch just because of the on-road manners of the tires they provide. Those can always be swapped. You have to decide how important these items are:

* Forged Wheels (probably wider rims too)
* High Clearance Suspension
* Trail Turn Assist
* Higher Gear Ratio
* 35" Tires

I have 4.88 gears in my jeep with 33" tires. I only have a 3 speed auto trans with no OD, but I like the 4.88 gears with the 33s.

Forged wheels are nice, the fact that they are painted may be a problem longer term.... but there must be some way to deal with that. Having the option to utilize the beadlock feature is also interesting.

Having a taller suspension, tuned (hopefully) for heavier tires is nice. I assume this will also benefit those who will put lots of people/stuff in the Bronco or add a winch etc.

Trail turn assist: The ability to lock a rear wheel when turning is a great off-road feature if it works well and in a predictable way.

If you care about these items it seems like the factory price is reasonable.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said, I don't have experience with it. But I've read enough posts now from people who have had Wranglers or other truck with 35s and were saying that the 35 MTs (obviously a dif tire, but the tread patterns are probably similar due to the intended use) cause softness and other issues in the snow and rain.

Are the 33 AT that much better for wet and road conditions? I have no idea, but that's what most people have been suggesting.

I don't think it is a dealbreaker. I was just saying for my case, where I deal with a lot of snow and rain, I'm questioning whether the Sasquatch might not be worth the pain (if the 33s look almost as good).

A lot of people are posting good comments here about the difference so that's helpful.
I gotta admit. The toughest call for me on the Bronco are the color, and the 33s vs 35s.

In Michigan, we get plenty of snow. But I don't even think I'll notice any difference on that front. I'm confident in my ability to drive most any vehicle in a manner that is appropriate to the equipment and the conditions.

But there are costs - up-front cost (worth the $2.5k?), reduce MPG by ~2MPG, and force me to wait longer since the manual + squatch is "late availability".

If you're the kind that is a naturally nervous driver in inclement weather, then you might want to go with the 33s, but I'd say just get what you want. If you're a half decent driver, the difference between these two tires will make little difference.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one combination I have not seen is the 33s on the Sas suspension.
I've herd from other threads from CelEast that the Sas has longer/stiffer? shocks that gives one inch extra lift. That with the 33s articulation and clearance would be an interesting 'look' for the Bronco. Don't know if it'd be good for off road, but I'd still like to see it.

Personally, I'm going Badlands with no Sas. I don't think I'll need the 35s for my purpose, but hind sight is always 20/20.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one combination I have not seen is the 33s on the Sas suspension.
I've herd from other threads from CelEast that the Sas has longer/stiffer? shocks that gives one inch extra lift. That with the 33s articulation and clearance would be an interesting 'look' for the Bronco. Don't know if it'd be good for off road, but I'd still like to see it.

Personally, I'm going Badlands with no Sas. I don't think I'll need the 35s for my purpose, but hind sight is always 20/20.
ya thats why im curious about the gearing

I might get the sasquatch and then use 33s

Would that still cost me MPG?

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not pass on Sasquatch just because of the on-road manners of the tires they provide. Those can always be swapped. You have to decide how important these items are:

* Forged Wheels (probably wider rims too)
* High Clearance Suspension
* Trail Turn Assist
* Higher Gear Ratio
* 35" Tires

I have 4.88 gears in my jeep with 33" tires. I only have a 3 speed auto trans with no OD, but I like the 4.88 gears with the 33s.

Forged wheels are nice, the fact that they are painted may be a problem longer term.... but there must be some way to deal with that. Having the option to utilize the beadlock feature is also interesting.

Having a taller suspension, tuned (hopefully) for heavier tires is nice. I assume this will also benefit those who will put lots of people/stuff in the Bronco or add a winch etc.

Trail turn assist: The ability to lock a rear wheel when turning is a great off-road feature if it works well and in a predictable way.

If you care about these items it seems like the factory price is reasonable.
One thing I don't like about this forum is that everyone thinks that everyone else is shopping the same trim, powertrain. and 2/4 door that they are - and speaks accordingly.

On the BL+manual, gear ratio is no difference squatch or not. Manual ain't getting no trail assist, regardless. On BL, the forged beadlock wheels are optional without squatch.

Sorry, not trying to jump down your throat, but it becomes very confusing when many statements are made that carry with them some huge assumptions. Just wanted to clarify those points. Especially since this is a Badlands titled thread.
Sponsored