Sponsored

What changes you think Jeep will make to the Wrangler??

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep has tons of little things it needs to clean up. They had no competitor in the open air 4x4 market, and sales have soared. They won’t make major fundamental changes...like there won’t be IFS....especially since Bronco has it. So changes we will see: 35s. They will have to offer factory 35s now that Bronco does. Probably by 22. Better engines. We already saw them rush to add the 392 in response to Bronco. They will have to put better engines in moving forward. Better interior. Bronco has a better interior with the 12” screens and MGV etc. Jeep has to match. Pricing. Jeep has been fat, dumb, and happy with huge margins on a vehicle worth way less than they get for it...if there had been a competitor. Now there is...look to get way more Jeep for your $.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Competition is a good thing. It keeps everyone on their toes and trying to out-do the other guys. So what changes do you think Jeep will make to the Wrangler in the near future based on what the Bronco is offering??

My two biggest things I think they will change are finally making body mounted mirrors. And making a removable panel for the rear passengers on the four door. Can't see them going IFS. But you never know,
Already done, V8

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The standard features on Jeeps are severely lacking for 2021. And I say that as someone with a absolute stripper model Jeep. But the fact that AC, power windows and locks aren't standard in a damn near 30k vehicle is nuts. Maybe if the base model was still in the low 20s that would be acceptable. They either need to drop the starting price, never gonna happen, or equip them better without a price hike.
MY Wrangler is 12 years old. It looks and runs great, but it's time to replace it. On the new Wranglers, just about every item that came standard on my Sport (X) is an additional cost today. They even charge for paint unless you like white. Yeah, I'm not paying extra for common additions that should be incluced in the price. Be upfront about it. It's like getting pecked to death by ducks.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When the Renegade first came out, I really thought Jeep meant for it to be like a mini 4Runner, but most of the ones on the dealer lots are the 2wd low ground clearance ones and cute, but not worth taking off-road.

I wonder if Jeep will start trying to beef up the Renegade to compete with the new Baby Bronco. 🤔
Maybe. That’s the other thing. The bronco sport looks great. If I were in the market for vehicle that size, it would be my first choice. I think the rest of Jeeps lineup blends in with the every other cross over SUV.

the wrangler is exciting. It’s different, like the bronco and the 4Runner. They should make the renegade like the Jimny. That would be awesome.

AB351DC6-BB27-4891-A969-A0B675401F95.png

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see a retro Cherokee in Jeep's future.
An iconic model, broad appeal, from the masses to the hardcore.
It's prime years are within the reach of many, it would receive a huge welcome back. Boomers would go for it, Gen X and beyond would too. Who doesn't remember the XJ?
It's design is versatile enough that it could be just as ideal for a soccer mom as it would be for a trail rig, and everything in between.
Update it with an IFS, a good engine, add some open-air top options, and you have a real Bronco competitor.
Ford started the retro musclecar rage with the '05 Mustang and I'll bet the 21 Bronco will do the same for retro SUV's. It's a new beginning.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Competition is good, Jeep already added a hard top standard, and the availability of air conditioning and power locks to the base level which wasn’t the case beforehand, but those are standard on bronco.

jeeps color game is significantly better though and they even added a new orange color called Nacho.

also pretty sure a white top is available NOW, which Ford can’t help but dick us around...

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And 12.5% Chinese
Isnt the bronco manual made in china, i would think anything italian would by better. All you bashers of were parts are made. I dont get it. With talk of turbos not lasting long. Longevity would decide what vehicle is better, not where it was made.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
MY Wrangler is 12 years old. It looks and runs great, but it's time to replace it. On the new Wranglers, just about every item that came standard on my Sport (X) is an additional cost today. They even charge for paint unless you like white. Yeah, I'm not paying extra for common additions that should be incluced in the price. Be upfront about it. It's like getting pecked to death by ducks.
I thought 18 or 19 was a generation change?
And I agree with you.... but I ordered rapid red which Ford is up charging for

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isnt the bronco manual made in china, i would think anything italian would by better. All you bashers of were parts are made. I dont get it. With talk of turbos not lasting long. Longevity would decide what vehicle is better, not where it was made.
I think it’s more created by the hardo pure Americana Jeep vibe that gets created, like that Springsteen commercial.

by now everything is put together by parts sub contracted to companies from all over the place, so I think the “domestic/import” debate is beyond silly, but still seems to continue.

Last edited:

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When the Renegade first came out, I really thought Jeep meant for it to be like a mini 4Runner, but most of the ones on the dealer lots are the 2wd low ground clearance ones and cute, but not worth taking off-road.

I wonder if Jeep will start trying to beef up the Renegade to compete with the new Baby Bronco. 🤔
I test drove a Renegade Trailhawk. While it did have class leading capability, they are not cheap to buy when outfitted with the off road goodies. It still felt like a cheap vehicle from the driver’s seat though.

Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may have missed the point of thread as this comment is on the organization under Stellantis and what changes they will make to FCA products in the short and long-term now that.

Every manufactured makes parts everywhere. No focus here on that part of the conversation.

That being said, I am not expecting "German Engineering" on the Bronco top just because the company making it is HQ'ed there.

Feel free to continue to not "get it".
1613147162077.png
WOW, I need to put my seatbelt on. you are all over the place with the response.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He dropped his mic. I think we can all go home.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thing is, who knows what the new leadership wants.

Jeep is a brand CEOs are looking to milk for as much cash as they can. Are they looking to burn down the brand to increase next quarter profits, will they ride the safe decreasing revenue into the buggy whip graveyard or something else? Maybe they see more money internationally by just putting a jeep body on a Fiat500 and selling the American image to other countries

🤷‍♂️

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@mjcutri I owned two sfa Jeeps and never experienced it.
There is an ongoing thread over at JLWranglerForums about it. It’s dozens of pages long and is one of the most active forum posts. The steering box in the JL is awful and jeep has tried to fix it. Some people report improvement after it’s been replaced, others see no difference and then some get it replaced and say it starts out good but after a few months it’s back to wandering.
Sponsored