Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea what a Moke is...Definitely not a VW Thing though
They used to have them there too.

See them all the time whenever I drop papers off at our one client, so I assumed it was a Moke when I saw the pic

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They used to have them there too.

See them all the time whenever I drop papers off at our one client, so I assumed it was a Moke when I saw the pic
Things are interesting little cars. I had no idea Nader got them banned in the US until I read this article, so they only survived being imported for 2 model years. There's not many around. Ive probably only seen one actually on the road 2 or 3 times ever

https://www.joeheidt.com/blog/throwback-thursday-vw-thing/

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everyone. First time poster, long time lurker. I just received a call from my Ford Dealer. He told me that Ford HQ informed them that they initially were allocated 25 MY21 Broncos. He's saying now Ford wants them to push as many reservations (88 total at my dealer) to convert to orders as they can by the end of January. He said after January, they may be allocated more MY21s based on the total number of orders they have in January.

He said Ford HQs goal is to weed out the people that won't convert, and then they'll allocate more MY21 Broncos to my dealer. Is anyone else hearing something similar? Sounds like total sales BS; especially since orders can't be submitted until March.

I'm reservation number 79/88 at my dealer; so I'm fully expecting a MY22. This just kind of set off my BS radar.
The allocating additional 21MY broncos based on what reservations hold up definitely doesn't jive with what I heard.

Maybe they meant to say that, if there was miracle and 2/3 cancelled, you'd have a shot? That's about as much as I was told... I'm not holding my breath, though. I'm #35 and my dealer has allocated 13 or something.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The allocating additional 21MY broncos based on what reservations hold up definitely doesn't jive with what I heard.
I thought reservations converted to actual orders was part of the allocation formula, which is why the official allocation numbers come out around May. If dealers don't convert to actual sales the risk of getting fewer Broncos is possible.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here! Our Area 51 BL BS will just have to tide us over. It's a solid vehicle though!!
Nice! Just ordered a BL+BL Sport. Probably won’t have it til April, but it’ll be great to tide me over this summer. And then hopefully I get my big boy Bronco in the fall, but who knows.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought reservations converted to actual orders was part of the allocation formula, which is why the official allocation numbers come out around May. If dealers don't convert to actual sales the risk of getting fewer Broncos is possible.
I was speculating in response to the opposite predicament, where a dealer gets allotted more if conversions exceed the initial allotment. I'm not sure how what you said applies to this, or whether you were just commenting on the case where allotment decreases - can you clarify?

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been absent from the forums for a while. How are people determining thier exact dealer orders and thier own place in line? I thought your original reservation number would determine your place in line. This sounds like if I change dealers, my reservation number would be irrelevant as I would be joining the waitlist of the individual dealer too late.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just talked to my dealer. My 14 July rez was in the 35% and tops for their allocation for my Base 2.3 MT to be a MY21 but I went ahead and Squatched that order for a MY22 Base 2.3 MT SAS w/White top or a HE if that option plays out.

So somebody's odds for a MY21 just improved. Good Luck and Good Hunting
I have a July 14th reservation also (6:30 am) and we're going to punt to a MY22' also for the body color top. We are ordering a 2-door with a 2.7 so that would have put us late into 2021 anyway.
Good to hear from a fellow Sussex Countian!(y)

Sponsored

Maismsn07

Big Bend
First Name
Maison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Called some smaller dealers today to see about switching to see if it would help move my order up. Most have 5-10 allotment and around 20 on waitlist that reserved months later than me. The dealers are not interested in placing more orders though or adding people to the waitlist. Unless you were day 1 reservation, time stamps don’t mean a thing

DrStrange

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford F100, Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if everyone with a late reservation went to the same small dealership if that would make a difference. Since Ford is doing the final allocation as a percentage of conversions (not reservations), if you had a dealership with lots of August and September reservations some of the late reservations might have a shot at a MY21 :)

Called some smaller dealers today to see about switching to see if it would help move my order up. Most have 5-10 allotment and around 20 on waitlist that reserved months later than me. The dealers are not interested in placing more orders though or adding people to the waitlist. Unless you were day 1 reservation, time stamps don’t mean a thing

Last edited:

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been absent from the forums for a while. How are people determining thier exact dealer orders and thier own place in line? I thought your original reservation number would determine your place in line. This sounds like if I change dealers, my reservation number would be irrelevant as I would be joining the waitlist of the individual dealer too late.
Your timestamp will hold if you change dealers - so yes you will potentially cut the line if your timestamp is earlier than existing reservations. That said I wouldn't switch to a dealer with out confirming price. If a dealer wants to protect existing customers I'd think they could do so by adding ADM for late transfers to discourage them.

Also since dealer footprint also goes into Fords build, I think that being 30th in line at a big dealer might be better than 1st in line at a small dealer.

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The salesman at my dealership doesn’t even know about allotment ?‍♀. I have a July 13th res and I hadn’t heard anything, so I called him this weekend to find out where I stood in their allotment, and he was totally clueless. Thank goodness for this forum, or I’d be totally in the dark!

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel for all those with "bubble anxiety" .. I'm going through a divorce and will trade your MY22 for my Day-1 Res, but you gon' pay, divorce ain't cheap lol.
No need to flame. I'm kidding. Well, sorta. Money talks.
Sponsored