First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He had a pretty detailed explanation, and it seemed pretty well reasoned and sourced. Do you work at MAP and are able to offer insight?

Yes, I work at MAP, I have 21 years in at local 900. We are currently working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off rotating shifts. Last week and this week coming up the afternoon shift are working, the following week they will be off 2 weeks and the day shift are working. This process is going through til May. We are only been building 7 to 13 Broncos a day and was currently on a build that was shooting for close to 200 units, then next Bronco build starting in April is around 500 units.. Covid is obviously the reason everything has been push back and back again, due to part shortages. So Full production starting March 29th is False.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I work at MAP, I have 21 years in at local 900. We are currently working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off rotating shifts. Last week and this week coming up the afternoon shift are working, the following week they will be off 2 weeks and the day shift are working. This process is going through til May. We are only been building 7 to 13 Broncos a day and was currently on a build that was shooting for close to 200 units, then next Bronco build starting in April is around 500 units.. Covid is obviously the reason everything has been push back and back again, due to part shortages. So Full production starting March 29th is False.
Thanks, good info

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is false full production doesn't start til May
Job 1 is May 3rd, but Phase 1 Mass Production begins March 29th.

I'd say that Ford's CEO retweeting an article written off of my post is pretty decent confirmation, but to each their own.

Edit to add: The March 29th date was cascaded to leadership on Friday morning, so it's quite likely it hasn't been fully communicated to MAP staff yet.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so the real question....I'll be in Michigan in 2 weeks. Is there someone I can pay to get my build in June ;)

Golfnut1913

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Job 1 is May 3rd, but Phase 1 Mass Production begins March 29th.

I'd say that Ford's CEO retweeting an article written off of my post is pretty decent confirmation, but to each their own.

Edit to add: The March 29th date was cascaded to leadership on Friday morning, so it's quite likely it hasn't been fully communicated to MAP staff yet.

Like I stated before I have worked at this plant 21 years, how about you? I guess I have absolutely no idea what's going on at my plant, That I have been at for new launch models of different vehicles. I guess you know more about things than actually employees of Ford Motor company 🤔

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I stated before I have worked at this plant 21 years, how about you? I guess I have absolutely no idea what's going on at my plant, That I have been at for new launch models of different vehicles. I guess you know more about things than actually employees of Ford Motor company 🤔
You should call your CEO and keep him in line then.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not trying to be a dick, sorry. The date is firm, and I expect that staff may not have been notified yet. The information came my way between Thursday PM and Friday AM from 3 different sources.

Phase 1 MP begins Monday, March 29th.

Golfnut1913

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok so the real question....I'll be in Michigan in 2 weeks. Is there someone I can pay to get my build in June

Highly unlikely.
I'm not trying to be a dick, sorry. The date is firm, and I expect that staff may not have been notified yet. The information came my way between Thursday PM and Friday AM from 3 different sources.

Phase 1 MP begins Monday, March 29th.
No your ok. That build is only going to be around 500 units, then obviously depending on suppliers and parts we are scheduled to go job 1 full production first week of may

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Golfnut, I'm a little early, but I would like to wish you a very merry Christmas and I look forward to my beautiful new 2022 Bronco after this delayed/parts shortage/chip shortage/no demo/weird trim package/dealer confused/who's-talking-to-who/covid-induced shit show of a launch sorts itself out! (y) 🎄

Last edited:

Golfnut1913

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Golfnut, I'm a little early, but I would like to wish you a very merry Christmas and I look forward to my beautiful new 2022 Bronco after this covid delay/parts shortage/chip shortage/no demo/dealer confused/who's-talking-to-who shit show of a launch sorts itself out! (y)

This covid has thrown a wrench like the auto industry hasn't seen before. This isn't a launch Ford could have any control over nor diminish the brand by any means. If this covid never stop us or slow things down, we would have been in full swing working 6 days a week both shift

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No matter how it all sorts out in the end @Golfnut1913 I do appreciate the info. I think you have done well to emphasize truly how much COVID has effected the manufacturing process! It’s created setbacks like no other.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

clear explanation for the March 29th date and its significance ....

Sponsored

Last edited: