Sponsored

Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford???

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did the 2DR get hosed on the bottle opener?!
I just heard they are bringing back the bottle-opener in the 2DR:
Ford Bronco Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford??? Door_Striker_Plat

I've used this before and it works like a champ! Just be careful not to break the neck.

RIP @Used2jeep :cry:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just heard they are bringing back the bottle-opener in the 2DR:
Ford Bronco Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford??? Door_Striker_Plat

I've used this before and it works like a champ! Just be careful not to break the neck.

RIP @Used2jeep :cry:
Humor I heard was they are placing the bottle opener right next to the rear cupholders on the 4dr
DisastrousKaleidoscopicChicken-size_restricted.gif

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hate to say this and I'm probably going to get dragged for doing so, but...

Why would they? That takes a lot of effort, attention, and money.
Plus there's the downside that whatever they say is going to invite critique and non-stop nitpicking.

Meanwhile we're already frothing at the mouth to buy these things. From a marketing standpoint... job's already done.

I'd LOVE tons of explanation, and a brand ambassador hanging out here and dropping juicy bits, or going on information errand missions for some of our questions, but I get why they're not doing it.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Plus there's the downside that whatever they say is going to invite critique and non-stop nitpicking.

Meanwhile we're already frothing at the mouth to buy these things. From a marketing standpoint... job's already done.

I'd LOVE tons of explanation, and a brand ambassador hanging out here and dropping juicy bits, or going on information errand missions for some of our questions, but I get why they're not doing it.
But they are here, undercover, The Stig, OBL, giving some good to great info, just don't ask to look behind the mask.

e-and-eyeglasses-looking-away-over-grey-background.jpg

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But they are here, undercover, The Stig, OBL, giving some good to great info, just don't ask to look behind the mask.

Ford Bronco Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford??? e-and-eyeglasses-looking-away-over-grey-background

7Ezq.gif

Those sneaky marketing companies!

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If Ford was smart, they would advertise with @618TRVLWILD and the rest of the bronco babes, a trampoline, and the dude who said “it’s the broncooooooooo” in the random internet video.

Ford Bronco Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford??? 1617061025657

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, I don't think you do get it. And I'm not saying that to be mean, but you are sort of missing the point.

BN/JB/OBL (all one in the same from what people are saying 🤷‍♂️ ) are being PAID BY FORD to market the new Bronco.

It's their actual job. Don't let them fool you into thinking they are doing this just for the hell of it, I'm sure they are being paid handsomely.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are many dealers on this sight who have become respected for the great insight they give the community. We welcome the open, honest information.

Then some want to pretend the are enthusiats and provide some great and some suspect information. You ask a few legitimate questions and get less than the truth. A number of us asked OBL questions, in summary, they are not what they want us to believe.

OBL Sean JD Ford.png

1616965355555-png.png
While I agree that their comments about being completely 'organic' enthusiasts were a little disingenuous, that probably had a lot to do with trying to avoid getting into trouble with their employers.

They still provided some good content - better than what we usually see from BN - and I hope we get more videos like thiers in the future.

Edit: To clarify, I'm thinking they genuinely thought they could make some good videos leveraging the access they had at work. Since they covered some of the same stuff as BN (only better), I find it unlikely this was all some sort of master plan.

Don't think JB/BN has the capacity for master planning.

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford was smart, they would advertise with @618TRVLWILD and the rest of the bronco babes, a trampoline, and the dude who said “it’s the broncooooooooo” in the random internet video.

Ford Bronco Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford??? 1617061025657
I think I would be happy if they had Danny McBride in his East Bound N Down character as the spokesperson

tenor.gif

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Feels like we're trying to extract secret files from the Pentagon most of the time. Granted, you don't want to be promoting stuff you can't do...but c'mon, we're creating a new community here of enthusiasts. And you treat us like mushrooms. I honestly don't get it. Stoke the fires!! C'mon, we dare you!! We want more pix, more videos, more....anything other than our lame speculations!
You already know what’s to come with My21. There’s absolutely nothing to question other than mpg which hasn’t released yet. Everything else you know...