Sponsored

So, you’re now MY22... are you changing your build?

Are You Upgrading Now that You’re a MY22?

• Total voters

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm curious about this as well.

But does this mean an unchanged order, or just based on your reservation.

Also, about the X plan - Ford stock is cheap (relatively, although a year ago it was much cheaper!), so what happens if you pick up 100 shares ($1200ish) now, and apply for the X plan in 6mos?
First, there is no x-plan officially. Some dealers are still honoring the pricing, but it isn't official through Ford.

With the Mod Top news, there was also MY22 announcements. In the bulleted list was the Ford's Price Protection for MY22. Any reservation made before 3/19/21 whether converted to an order or not will have the MSRP price locked. Of course, it doesn't mean that there may not be an increase to the invoice cost. So if you have a deal that is basing your savings on invoice, then you may or may not have a price increase.
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think any of us will know for sure if we're getting bumped to 2022 until May when they tell us. Although I have a feeling even after that things may change.

With that said if they tell me I'm getting a 2021 model in December of this year or January of 2022 I'd rather hold of on a 2022 model for sure. Mainly because I'd rather take delivery after Winter and I'd like to have the 2022 new options and paint colors available to me.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how this whole thing shakes out. Especially since I'm a July 29th res holder. I feel like I'm on the line of who the hell knows if I'll get a 2021 or a 2022. Lol.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My question would be if you make too many changes will you lose any price guarantee?
Of course they left lots of flexibility in their email but it says "for an equivalent bronco". I read that as "if you could build it in 21 and you build it in 22 then the 21 price is the highest you would pay".

Everyone can read different things though. 🤷

Reactions: abe

Dracheo

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I'm toeing the line on MY21. If I get pushed back, I'm likely going for the Heritage Edition. Color option will change on a few factors - what shade of green are we getting, and will CO still be available. Any other options will change pending on what changes with the Heritage Edition.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You get a price guarantee for your current build plus the benefit of being able to upgrade to new '22 options at the expense of just waiting about 6-8 months. Seems like a no brainer to wait for '22 unless you are driving a dump of a car and need something now.

The $1k Ford is giving for ditching the MOD top order in the long run is not worth it if you are looking to upgrade to the MOD later on.

Wait for '22, keep current build price, maybe switch colors if green is interesting
My interpretation is I’m locked in at my current price of the Mid Package, Modular Roof, Badlands, but not the price of packages not applied to my current order like the 2021 High Package nor SAS, nor Black Diamond pricing.

if I choose to upgrade to any of those after a price change (say 2022 Prices), then I’m paying the 2022 prices

Reactions: abe

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My interpretation is I’m locked in at my current price of the Mid Package, Modular Roof, Badlands, but not the price of packages not applied to my current order like the 2021 High Package nor SAS, nor Black Diamond pricing.

if I choose to upgrade to any of those after a price change (say 2022 Prices), then I’m paying the 2022 prices
Yeah, I think that is right. But it's just better to have the option to change to something else while having that '21 build as a set price. I mainly just want to see the new colors, rest of my build is good to go

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Of course they left lots of flexibility in their email but it says "for an equivalent bronco". I read that as "if you could build it in 21 and you build it in 22 then the 21 price is the highest you would pay".

Everyone can read different things though. 🤷
Yeah, the catch here is that options and packages could change. So lux package could have a new feature included... thus the OLD lux is technically not equivalent to NEW lux... or they leave out features for the lux and create the limited package. Now your lux package doesn’t have what you want but it’s consider “equivalent”. Maybe Ford tries to pull that or maybe a few dealers will try to pull that on new customers to hike the price. I’m not saying they will but nothing would really surprise me. Personally, I will probably want the Heritage Edition which will simply not be equivalent and I’m guessing they will treat that like a whole new order.

However, if Ford’s goal is to compete with Jeep, Ford will probably flood the market with these things as soon as production get’s back to full tilt and the competition could get extremely fierce given the time from marketing to actual delivery to the customer. All this could swing the pendulum to a lower price point as well by the time some consumers are finalizing their 2022 builds. Personally, I think Ford is going to be extremely hot to get these to market seeing as how Toyota, Land Rover, etc. have had almost a year to gaze at Bronco demand and could easily drop an extremely appealing alternative at any time, which would make the Bronco just another mustang/explorer and probably kill 50% of their reservations. Ford probably knows what’s coming down the pipeline even though we really don’t so who knows how eager they will be to close the deal.

Last edited:

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like being delayed to MY22 has brought all the excitement back to my life. I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA whether I am staying the same (WT4dr, cactus, black Mod top) or whether I will go body color mod top, OR go with a MY22 signature series (there's going to be more than one!!! or....... Pick one of the NEW colors!!!! Argh......where's the Tylenol?!?!

Sponsored

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the catch here is that options and packages could change. So lux package could have a new feature included... thus the OLD lux is technically not equivalent to NEW lux... or they leave out features for the lux and create the limited package. Now your lux package doesn’t have what you want but it’s consider “equivalent”. Maybe Ford tries to pull that or maybe a few dealers will try to pull that on new customers to hike the price. I’m not saying they will but nothing would really surprise me. Personally, I will probably want the Heritage Edition which will simply not be equivalent and I’m guessing they will treat that like a whole new order.

However, if Ford’s goal is to compete with Jeep, Ford will probably flood the market with these things as soon as production get’s back to full tilt and the competition could get extremely fierce given the time from marking to actual delivery to the customer. All this could swing the pendulum to a lower price point as well by the time some consumers are finalizing their 2022 builds. Personally, I think Ford is going to be extremely hot to get these to market seeing as how Toyota, Land Rover, etc. have had almost a year to gaze at Bronco demand and could easily drop an extremely appealing alternative at any time, which would make the Bronco just another mustang/explorer and probably kill 50% of their reservations. Ford probably knows what’s coming down the pipeline even though we really don’t so who knows how eager they will be to close the deal.
The bronco has dealers so excited to slap DMA's on them because they are going to sell out for a couple of years. Ford won't shy away from a corporate market adjustment. If the economy is in a strong recovery, the price is going to go up AND those who haven't ordered one already will be paying a DMA.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wanted color matched top originally. Ford dumped that. Black painted top. They dumped that too. I’m bound for 22 but I’m wavering. There is supposed to be a new 4Runner for 22. Ford made me wait for 22. There are other options for 22

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want the bronco, but they are making it so hard

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unless/until new options are announced, I’m curious why anyone would change their build just because it’s a ‘22 :unsure:

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless/until new options are announced, I’m curious why anyone would change their build just because it’s a ‘22 :unsure:
Well, we know SOME of the options that will be available that aren’t now because they were on the 2021 build sheet and Ford confirmed these both directly to the customers and through their dealer network (mainly Mod Top and Duel Top). I’ll take those as a given since Ford is clearly obligated to follow through on my original order. I’m confident Ford wouldn’t communicate directly to the consumer without a solid plan to follow through. Plus, dealerships that took deposits would have a hard time trying to justify keeping them if they couldn’t follow through with the orders that were based on the B&P.

As far as internal/dealer documents that suggest other options such as white hard top, body painted hard top, etc... I think they’re legit but Ford is not really obligated to follow through on those until they put it on the build sheet.

Anything beyond that (spottings, prototypes, dealer pontification, etc.) is probably wishful thinking. But, one can probably assume that, at some point, Ford will add things like a hybrid engine, lane centering, stop and go adaptive cruise control, rain sensing wipers although I doubt that will make the 2022. I’m still skeptical of the slide out tailgate. Given how easy that should have been, I think there are probably serious concerns from the Ford side on that.
Sponsored