Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol at the people telling you to not be upset.
Stop sucking ford off - be pragmatic and realistic and realize that the allocation formula continues to be nonsense/total trash.

period.
Yeah but what are you gona do about it?
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've gotten over the frustration of being booted back into the 2022MY. I refuse to budge off the Shadow Black Modular top. Just remember, “never buy a car in the first year of production“ as my Grandfather would tell me. What is ultimately a few months wait will be well worth it, we have all waited this long.
Your user name literally has 2021 in it. So you're telling us that you reserved a Bronco 9 months ago to get one in 2022? 🤔

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it makes you feel any better some who are voluntarily waiting for MY22 are annoyed too. It was not clear when the first opened reservations that you could choose to wait. I would have done the reservation immediately but I purposely gave it a couple of days in an attempt to get a car Q1-2022. Irritating to find out after the fact I could have been first in line for a 2022 had the information been communicated back then.

What are you going to do though? No sense in getting pissed off now.
I purposely made my dealer put me last like March 19 so I would get a 22 because of money, but Then I hear there’s the option to pick a 22the option to pick a 22For the same price, and get different colors maybe.
Oh well, at least I’ll be 99.9% positive I’ll have the cash by then!

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP, I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. Your dealer should have been telling you all along that being right on the cusp of estimated allocations meant things could fall either way...
He did tell me I was close, but since the beginning said I was just inside the window. He initially thought he was getting 30. He is now only getting 23 total including the FEs. Maybe he is wrong about the FEs impacting things but again he seemed to know he was only getting 16 non FEs. It seemed like it was going to be ok. He also ended up with 100% reservation conversion. So that didnt help. I know he had a lot of people move to him as he was the only dealer that I spoke to in the state doing invoice price. I guess I shouldn’t have encouraged people to move to him to get a great deal :(

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly would wait for Ford to tell me where I'm at in line in May vs some dealer. Half don't even know the difference between the sport and regular Bronco. Let alone how allocation and reservation time stamp is going to work.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This will be happening a lot across the country.

not siloed to big forum dealers.

Last edited:

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol at the people telling you to not be upset.
Stop sucking ford off - be pragmatic and realistic and realize that the allocation formula continues to be nonsense/total trash.

period.
Exactly. Add in they also just magically had 3100 Bronco's butt in line.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Don't get too upset. Maybe it's just meant to be. Tbh, I'm a 7/13 8:07pm reservation and I'm prepared for the same news but realize I would get a newer model year and have different choices. Nothing in MY21 is a must have for me and I would actually be kind of happy to be forced to wait for a painted top and a less buggy Bronco.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly. Add in they also just magically had 3100 Bronco's butt in line.
Yeah hearing people who should have gotten 2022s are getting a magic ticket to the front of the line is just a tad bit frustrating.

My bigger concern is there is no guarantee they are only going to focus on reservations next year. So I could also be bumped behind retail orders.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I get kicked to 2022’ I may look at different vehicle...cough* cough* Jeep Rubicon 392. Depends what my delivery outlook is. I’m not waiting another year for delivery

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He did tell me I was close, but since the beginning said I was just inside the window. He initially thought he was getting 30. He is now only getting 23 total including the FEs. Maybe he is wrong about the FEs impacting things but again he seemed to know he was only getting 16 non FEs. It seemed like it was going to be ok. He also ended up with 100% reservation conversion. So that didnt help. I know he had a lot of people move to him as he was the only dealer that I spoke to in the state doing invoice price. I guess I shouldn’t have encouraged people to move to him to get a great deal :(
With a high conversion rate, that would have actually added to their allocation numbers.

You're still on the cusp it would seem, so that means that if commodity issues hit, or people with earlier timestamps cancel, you could still just squeak in with a MY21... delivered in December 2021 or January of 2022... potentially alongside MY22 models... if that's really what you're gunning for.

Here's what was sent to your dealer. It sounds like they did not do a good job setting expectations.

Ford Bronco 7/14 6:45 Am time stamp. Told Yesterday I am bumped to 2022 Allocation Rank Breakdown

Last edited:

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I get kicked to 2022’ I may look at different vehicle...cough* cough* Jeep Rubicon 392. Depends what my delivery outlook is. I’m not waiting another year for delivery
Don’t do it the 392 is garbage.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You're still on the cusp it would seem, so that means that if commodity issues hit, or people with earlier timestamps cancel, you could still just squeak in with a MY21... delivered in January of 2022... alongside some MY22 models... if that's really what you're gunning for.
Unfortunately if others experience commodity issues I will as well, lol. 2 dr, sas, 2.7. So no hope there. My best hope is maybe Ford increases what they can actually build this year.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t do it the 392 is garbage.
If someone wants to flip to that overpriced Wrangler with the big engine in the otherwise trash chassis with one of the worst crash ratings, let them go.

More defections at this point the better, plus it'll likely mean you either move up in line, or a dealership gets a unit to sell so they will hopefully not try to screw the rest of us too bad.
Sponsored