Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Webasto has a part shortage, employee shortage, design flaws or complete incompetence .... or worse case scenario all of the above...
The Plymouth Webasto factory also makes the entire C8 Corvette folding hardtop convertible mechanism and so far they have been mostly problem free and with no reports of parts shortage or production issues.

So maybe MIC issues are related to a design issue/late production change, supply issues on the specific plastics/resins or just slow startup to get quality right and everyone trained. Either way, they clearly aren’t up to speed yet and it sucks.
Sponsored

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly this. Problem is can’t get soft top on two door. Why? Got preproduction cruising around with them. I’d likely switch then add hard top later. Best-top makes a great soft top and I would imagine welcome the business. Why aren’t they in equation?
They probably would charge a dollar more and a bean counter would go nuts.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Plymouth Webasto factory also makes the entire C8 Corvette folding hardtop convertible mechanism and so far they have been mostly problem free and with no reports of parts shortage or production issues.
didn't that plant just complete construction? I'm not sure its fully open even today?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not receive an email from ford after checking my inbox and spam folder so it appears as of this exact moment my 6/28 build week is kinda maybe still on. Will not be shocked if I get pushed nor will I be mad. I am glad I just got a VIN and week.

As to the tow package I wonder if the brake controller is included with the purchase, I think it is but have not followed it that close. If there is a controller...there is maybe a chip...not a huge leap to guess that is a possible reason. I doubt the metal for the actual hitch is an issue, I doubt the extra wire to power/connect the pin is an issue.

I have kind of checked out since having a VIN I cant make changes so it gets built when it gets built.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the largest issue is Webasto.I'm sure Ford is quite unhappy with them by now.

Their Bronco builds and customers are being held up by them.
Im thinking the free $1,000 in FordPass Rewards points for dual or Black top people came straight out of Webasto’s pocket.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't understand for the life of me why a Tow package would slow down a build. If they can't build a steel plate with a few holes in it and a square connector on the end of it, I'm perplexed as to how they are getting anything else done on this vehicle? I wanted this so I could attach a bike rack I already own. I could drop it, but it just seems silly to me.
Only Ford could be so incompetent that a simple receiver hitch and a piece of bent steel tube could be constraints. Epic fail.
I've read that the tow package includes some sort of lift in the rear -- so maybe there's some suspension related constraint as a result?

Yeah, otherwise it makes no sense to me.
I did not receive an email from ford after checking my inbox and spam folder so it appears as of this exact moment my 6/28 build week is kinda maybe still on. Will not be shocked if I get pushed nor will I be mad. I am glad I just got a VIN and week.

As to the tow package I wonder if the brake controller is included with the purchase, I think it is but have not followed it that close. If there is a controller...there is maybe a chip...not a huge leap to guess that is a possible reason. I doubt the metal for the actual hitch is an issue, I doubt the extra wire to power/connect the pin is an issue.

I have kind of checked out since having a VIN I cant make changes so it gets built when it gets built.
The tow package does not include the brake controller.

The tow package does however include wiring not only for the 4-pin, but also 7-pin connector with an apparent plug-and-play brake controller capability baked in.

I agree that some bent steel shouldn’t be a major hold up, but it might be the integrated wiring harness for the 7-pin and plug-and-play setup that is the delay.

Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner 1620494548991
Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner 1620494568607
Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner 1620494587371

Last edited:

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Call your dealer and ask.

I didn’t get a Ford email but sure enough my dealer confirmed that my build date was pushed from 6/14 to 7/5.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm paying over $52k for a vehicle which costs more than my last 2 new cars COMBINED. I am not changing a single damn thing. It's ready when it's ready and I want exactly what I ordered.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean other than me having a MIC top (cause 2 door) I really only will be held back by the Tow Package....Maybe I'll ask my dealer Tuesday what they think. C'mon July Scheduling!

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The tow package does not include the brake controller.

The tow package does however include wiring not only for the 4-pin, but also 7-pin connector with an apparent plug-and-play brake controller accessory.

I agree that some bent steel shouldn’t be a major hold up, but it might be the integrated wiring harness for the 7-pin and plug-and-play setup that is the delay.

Ford Bronco Email from Ford - How to increase chances of getting your Bronco sooner 1620494587371
THIS...Also, perhaps the up optioned LED taillights complicate things require some electronics (read 'chip') to make a simple 4 wire function. That may be why some tow packages are scheduled (non LED) and some are delayed.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call your dealer and ask.

I didn’t get a Ford email but sure enough my dealer confirmed that my build date was pushed from 6/14 to 7/5.
I might email Granger next week but they are known to be on top of their stuff, not a thing anyone can do. Still looking at almost 2months for my known build week...what is another 2-4 weeks.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Everyone ordered their Bronco based off what they really truly wanted. To change that now to MAYBE get it slightly earlier - Is it worth it?

I would say no. I'd rather have what I 100% wanted from the start. I've purchased a lot of vehicles over the years, and I can tell you there is always something I regret not getting. My current vehicle, which I love, I had them bring it in from a few hundred km's away because it had the lighting package and that was a deal breaker for me. I still gave up the original colour I wanted (a dark grey) however I was fine with that at the time. As time went on, I started to regret not having that grey colour.

Anyways, all I'm saying is don't go nuts changing orders and possibly screwing it up (we've seen some stories from other members on this - A keying error can happen, something isn't inputted, etc.).

Just my 2 cents.
You nailed it. A vehicle costing upwards of $55K when it is all said and done is coming with e dry thing I want, not what Ford can only manage to build.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey I'm not a Ford apologist, these are complex machines with thousands of parts, trying to ramp up production in a global pandemic, with all due respect, get a grip!

Publicly traded or not, they have no duty or requirement to share this level of detail with customers, maybe more general information with shareholders, but not this level of detail.

Ford is finding ways to share more than they would normally share. You should be thankful you have this information.
The simple fact you replied then said you were not an apologist then proceeded to do so says enough. Go ahead and own it.

And I’ve got a grip bud. I’m just fine. I didn’t use a single exclamation point making my point and directed my comment at no one person. You however, did.

Enjoy your weekend!!!!!!

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So 2dr models get pushed back and all soft top orders get pushed to the front of the line . Well that’s about 6k/7k orders . Then what?
Sponsored