jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dont have a garage, so i'll probably take off the doors and clamshell probably once...for the day...but who knows...

But front panels will be removed frequently, and the mid panel will be removed on nicer weekend days and spirited drives.
Sponsored

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The comment by the single person about needing help removing the hard top gives me another reason Iā€™m glad I switched to the soft top. Iā€™m not single, but it would be a cold day in hell before my wife could be bothered to help for two minutes take a top off the Bronco that sheā€™s already sick of hearing about. Or to put it back on quickly if it rains.
I have a ratchet strap setup in my garage. Four eye bolts screwed into ceiling trusses with the straps hanging down from them. It's an easy one person job when you do that, and cheap.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is funny to read so many comments about doors and roof off in the summer when you live in a place where the doors and roof can be off all the time except summer.šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Well... All the time as long as you have a bikini top or a big hat.šŸ˜

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be shopping for the wrong vehicle.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ditto. On some...
I have owned a couple of Wranglers and currently own another 01.
Taking the doors off (and I was pondering this just this morning while driving in open-air bald eagle freedom style) is a snap in that 01.
Literally lift and done.
The Bronc is going to add a bit of effort, time, and (relatively) complexity to it. Honestly I for sure won't have the doors on and off nearly as often, but the fact that it is designed to be done and is going to be awesome...I'll definitely be taking them off the Bronc every chance I get when torrential downpours aren't forecasted.
A little rain and such ain't no big deal.
Toad-strangler-level rain?
Nah, that isn't fun at all. Been there, done that in a Jeep and on a Motorcycle.
But it will happen, for sure it will happen.
And agreed on the screen. It fits the dash design so much better. And aging eyes trying to look at the Nav...yeah, gimme the big 'un, please, Ford. ("that's what she said" obligatory statement).
Not to mention when youā€™re on trails with trees and rocks trying to scratch your doors ...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might take the doors off once just to see how that is, but going anywhere fun from my house means freeway and that just doesn't sound like fun to me without doors, too windy, too loud. Plus I like my arm rest. I'm not even sure I'll ever take the whole roof off, I like that the rear keeps my dog more contained, he gets too hyper seeing other dogs.
I can see it being great if you're close to a beach where you can drive around, no such thing here.

The bigger screen is a must for me, would drive me nuts looking at where it should be, but isn't. (Same with the missing hero buttons on some trims, would drive me nuts).

I just want quick open air, windows down. But if I end up in traffic, I can roll the windows back up and block some of the noise. Plus the radiating heat off the pavement in summer.

Hope that somebody will make a sunrider style soft top part for the entire front of the 4door MIC top, that would be the perfect combo for me. Easy open, easy closed to keep the sun/fingers/dirt out when parked.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That grab handle in the middle for the passenger can go. Getting a Base model or aftermarket delete ASAP

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bigger screen is a must for me, would drive me nuts looking at where it should be, but isn't. (Same with the missing hero buttons on some trims, would drive me nuts).

Hope that somebody will make a sunrider style soft top part for the entire front of the 4door MIC top, that would be the perfect combo for me. Easy open, easy closed to keep the sun/fingers/dirt out when parked.
The missing buttons baffle me on their design decision.

Same on the sunrider. šŸ¤™

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is funny to read so many comments about doors and roof off in the summer when you live in a place where the doors and roof can be off all the time except summer.šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Well... All the time as long as you have a bikini top or a big hat.šŸ˜
I grew up in Yuma, which is even sunnier and hotter than Tucson. I'd actually put the soft top on in the winter since I was more acclimated to the heat. Definitely required a bikini top though in the summer... I'm a redhead and the sun makes us pay. I still make sure my jeeps have a bikini top and am planning to spend my ford bucks to get one when my Bronco arrives. In Washington its more for both the sun and rain... and have been "lucky" to have it in the rain. In Yuma, I would get excited when it rained and just drive in it -getting completely wet... and loving it! Weird what a lack of rain can do to someone. I am making up for those dry years now living in the Pacific Northwest. My love affair with the rain is over.

Sponsored

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't forget about the signature lighting.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I grew up in Yuma, which is even sunnier and hotter than Tucson. I'd actually put the soft top on in the winter since I was more acclimated to the heat. Definitely required a bikini top though in the summer... I'm a redhead and the sun makes us pay. I still make sure my jeeps have a bikini top and am planning to spend my ford bucks to get one when my Bronco arrives. In Washington its more for both the sun and rain... and have been "lucky" to have it in the rain. In Yuma, I would get excited when it rained and just drive in it -getting completely wet... and loving it! Weird what a lack of rain can do to someone. I am making up for those dry years now living in the Pacific Northwest. My love affair with the rain is over.
The last time I was in Yuma it was over 120 degrees!!!!!

You could feel the wind burning your skin even in the shade.šŸ”„šŸŒ”šŸ„µšŸ§ÆšŸ”„

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will take the doors off once, thatā€™s about it. The 12ā€ screen was mandatory for me. I donā€™t like the look of the bezel around the 8ā€ at all.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Front doors might be off all summer.

Front axle disco is totally useless to me.
I agree disconnecting an axle is highly overrated- sway bar not so muchā€¦.but then I guess IFS is kinda like an axle disconnect, so there is that point. Iā€™m so confused.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Took the doors off the jeep today, meh.
Like the half doors better, havenā€™t had the full doors on in almost 3 years. Some people chose the 4 door because you can carry the doors, I bet that doesnā€™t happen much
Sponsored