Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

On the jeep, once the weather was nice the top is off for the season. Had full doors so I would swap to my tube doors which are like half doors but open in the middle. Since the doors on the Bronco aren't a full frame door they may stay on more than the Jeep did. But any time the door is on is an opportunity for some jack hole in a parking lot to ding it.

I like the smooth look of the 12 inch screen. I don't like all the extra crap I have to buy just to get it.
Sponsored

DizzyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I'll take the doors off much more often than taking the roof off. Mainly because it's a 2 person job getting the roof off and I'm hopelessly single.
Same boat for me. Those doors will be off as much as possible. But am looking into some type of pulley system for the garage to get the Bronco top off by myself 😉.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you need a Bronco Sport, homie.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think my opinion is just the opposite. I haven't owned a wrangler before (always wanted to) but the idea of taking off the doors while cruising around the beach sounds amazing to me. I also might upgrade to the 12" screen when my MY22 ordering starts. I plan to keep this thing for 10 years and might as well include technology that will be the norm in the future.
In 10 years it will all be hilariously outdated. The whole concept of a single center stack display is already a bit antiquated. GM, Mercedes, Hyundai and others are all moving toward the big mono dash/infotainment setup. The 8v12 question when we are already looking at 20+ inch displays in some models will seem silly. Like how big was your tube TV in the 90's? 27inches? 32inches?! Who cares, they both are tiny by modern standards.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Removable doors and roof = good.

I absolutely HATE the damn infotainment screen bloat. Teslas look like a joke. I was interested in the lightning until I saw they added a 32" tv to it. I live how the press show shows a guy working on a laptop whose screen is dwarfed by the truck screen next to it.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the only time I'll take the doors off is for novelty, or if I'm running a trail and don't want to bang my doors.
And for me the 12" is trim locked and I couldn't justify the extra $5k+ for it.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I'll take the doors off much more often than taking the roof off. Mainly because it's a 2 person job getting the roof off and I'm hopelessly single.
Same boat. Taking the doors off might actually be easier (especially since they are frameless). Removable top/panels are cool, but it gets hot in the sun!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1) Agree, my doors will never ever come off. Total gimmick to me.

2) Strongly disagree. 12" screen is 4" awesomer than the 8". Makes the tiny dash less noticeable.

Sponsored

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree disconnecting an axle is highly overrated- sway bar not so much….but then I guess IFS is kinda like an axle disconnect, so there is that point. I’m so confused.
Sure the IFS will help soften the ride anyway, But I'm sure the disconnect will still take it to another level on the extra annoying type of terrain. Plus, it still helps stabilize in off-camber blah blah blah... you know what I mean. I still don't mind having the extra frosting on my cake. Maybe it will be more "That's better" when I use it on the Bronco as opposed to "That's much better" like it is on the Jeep. I have heard, but have no personal experience, that some Tacomas have a similar feature and it is very popular. I've used it enough on my Jeep to get it on the Bronco, and am super stoked that it can be activated much more easily and quickly.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Doors off, Top off, 12" screen. Live in Texas so open air works for 6 to 8 months of the year.

OP
OP

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m with you about the doors. I had a jeep with half doors and never took the doors off. Given the Bronco doors are frameless, I don’t feel I would ever have the urge to take them off.

12” screen I feel looks better plus you get the camera too. 8” is fine. I have it in my F150. But as was said, the plastic filler makes it less appealing. With that said, if a camera was standalone I think more people would just stick with the 8”.
I agree about the doors. I think Ford hit it out of the park with Frameless doors. I had a 91 Wrangler with the half doors and never felt the need to remove the doors (since they were frameless when the crappy-canvas-window-thing was removed )

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know what feature is not overrated? Trail Turn Assist. Up here in the mountain trails, I am Austin Powers-ing even my two door constantly. I'll be using the crap out of that feature. Shame it isn't on the manual though. As a future former stick driver myself, I say you deserve better.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not cheap for me, as I’d have to add a garage to my house.
Sponsored