First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man, me too. I had an FJ for 10 years and loved it's beefyness, which is why I like the Bronco also. Except the Bronco looks like a 4dr FJ.
Here's me and my FJ:
69596624_10157500670049438_1795211203476193280_n.jpg

67194006_10157393789429438_2153067655240613888_n.jpg
Those rigs even without the snorkel traverse high water like a champ. Old video was me ignoring a flooded blocked road in Kodiak (the Flats) to get to work.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I felt like this was a good comparison. We have all been complaining about the bad plastic in the front of the Bronco. It's a legit complaint at $50-60k. Bronco seats are WAY more comfortable than Jeep seats as he noted. I am not sure why people are saying they are favoring Jeep over Bronco? I thought it was pretty spot on, myself.

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He did say that in an earlier video.

He did give me an idea: wake tower speakers replacing the rear pods at some point.

I have been thinking about the rear soft top opening - any Wrangler owner with a zip rear window will tell you it’s nice when it is wide open, but getting it unzipped is a pain in the ass, and most loading and unloading of groceries etc is without opening the rear window / under that rear window bar. So what Ford has done is made that quick access easier. What I don’t know about the rear window on the Bronco is: can you remove it or roll it up? I spend a lot of time driving around with the side windows unzipped and removed and the rear window unzipped on the sides and rolled up—like a Bimini. Not sure, but I don’t think you can do that on the Bronco.

So pluses and minuses…

Not a fan of the dude talking. But I think this will be better than rolling them up IMO. Take it for what it’s worth.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not a fan of the dude talking. But I think this will be better than rolling them up IMO. Take it for what it’s worth.
Thanks, yeah I went back and looked at this. So - you are most likely going to roll them up when you remove them, but probably in a protected sleave. I guess the only way to get the rear window bar fully out of the way is to remove the top.

(Whatever, I am getting a two door anyway. Was just thinking through the pros and cons. Honestly, as much as people complain about that prop feature, if I had a 4 door soft top, I would use it every time I went to the grocery store or home improvement center, etc., and it would be more convenient than the Jeep method.)

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, yeah I went back and looked at this. So - you are most likely going to roll them up when you remove them, but probably in a protected sleave. I guess the only way to get the rear window bar fully out of the way is to remove the top.

(Whatever, I am getting a two door anyway. Was just thinking through the pros and cons. Honestly, as much as people complain about that prop feature, if I had a 4 door soft top, I would use it every time I went to the grocery store or home improvement center, etc., and it would be more convenient than the Jeep method.)
When I get my soft top i will just pull them out. It doesn’t look like there will be much of an option to roll them up as the sides look to be hard. I do like how the top props up like that. And it is really easy to put up. I went to super cel east and was able to play with it for a bit. Really easy.

Reactions: RLW

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man, me too. I had an FJ for 10 years and loved it's beefyness, which is why I like the Bronco also. Except the Bronco looks like a 4dr FJ.
Here's me and my FJ:
Ford Bronco [TFL] Has the Jeep Wrangler Finally Met Its Match? |   Bronco Week Ep.4 6A15DFE1-913F-41DF-86D3-BC4762B9512E

Ford Bronco [TFL] Has the Jeep Wrangler Finally Met Its Match? |   Bronco Week Ep.4 6A15DFE1-913F-41DF-86D3-BC4762B9512E

Is that the AlpineLoop?

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I mean, 480 horsepower (358 kilowatts), 634 lb.-ft. of torque, 0-60 in 3.5….

Just because it’s not burning dinosaurs doesn’t mean it’s not a mustang….

Though, we can all agree the Blazer is an affront to god and the fact they thought it was a good idea is all the reason I need to advocate burning Chevrolet to the ground and starting them over.
To me this would be like saying "just because its not 4wheel drive doesnt mean its not a bronco". It can be electric...but at least make it a sports car and not an suv.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Much of reviews are subjective and everyone is entitled to his opinion. When the "data" is available you get objective information.

As someone that isn't a Ford fanboi I felt the review was very, almost overly so, positive for the Ford. I didn't think he missed anything, it was subjective praise/complaint.

If someone says 35" tires, a person that is objective is going to say 34.4". We've heard it over and over and over that the tires aren't a "true" 35", so he gave the objective finding. Spot-on and appropriate. Whether he likes the plastic components is subjective and he's got the right to review the vehicle based on his likes and dislikes.

This forum seems to be filled with people that only want to hear the positive, what's great (whether it really is or not), and any critique, which is what a review should be, is seen as negative. To critique is not to point out the negative, it is to point out. It seems most would rather have a positive idea than an objective/subjective critique. Fock that.

I would like to point out, TFL has more time in more vehicles than almost all of us. They buy, lease, sell, drive, review more vehicles across more platforms, vehicle segments (CUV, SUV, sportscar, bike, quad, etc.) than (almost) all of us. They have more experience in more vehicles than you, or I, or about anyone. If they think it's a cheap dash, it's subjective, but they're probably right. If they think the premium sound doesn't sound premium, they've probably listened to more stock sound systems than (almost) all of us...and, again, they're probably right. You may not like it, but "the truth is".

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as the speaker issue, isn't there a sound-bar Ford is making for the Bronco as an add-on?
I remember seeing this on the leaked accessories catalog.
I recall it isn't tied to the stereo and it more for tailgating and such?

The Math works out to 34.4!
Regardless what the math says, it is rare for tires to run exactly true to size, and you know that.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tommy, I love you guys over at TFL but the 34.5” tire thing is pretty silly. When the 392 rubicon got revealed you said it was “a pickle” that it comes with 33” tires. The 392 comes with K02 285/70r/17’s that measure 32.7”.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, 480 horsepower (358 kilowatts), 634 lb.-ft. of torque, 0-60 in 3.5….

Just because it’s not burning dinosaurs doesn’t mean it’s not a mustang….

Though, we can all agree the Blazer is an affront to god and the fact they thought it was a good idea is all the reason I need to advocate burning Chevrolet to the ground and starting them over.
Have you seen the mach e in person? It's a huge bulbous cuv with a pointy front end. Power at the wheels is great and all. But the body isn't what I would call a mustang
Sponsored