Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol, wow you guys are starting to sound as bad as jeep fan boys. Seriously it’s a matter of choice and perspective. He, unlike the large majority of those posting here got to drive both.

Jeep offered him something Ford couldn’t, a vehicle that he didn’t have to wait for as well as some of the other options he wanted.

I watched all the videos, to include the prelaunch videos where he argued with his Dad about the Bronco’s advantages.

Honestly, as someone that likes to keep up with what each brand is offering, I didn’t notice/care that he told us what jeep was doing as a response to Ford. It was logical that they would, and even more so that he would put it out in a video geared to the general public and not rabid Ford fan boys.

Either way the beautiful thing about the internet is that no one is forcing you to watch his videos. In the end, I still love the Bronco, hate that I am waiting for it, and thankful that there is another viable option if Ford can’t fulfill my order in what ever timeframe this crazy world thinks is reasonable.
Sponsored

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
you are not allowed to take payment. But you are allowed to stay in nice hotels , get merch and swag and get various "free" things from the company giving you exclusive access.
I agree, it is a great point. In a perfect world we would pay the manufactures back for these perks, and we have discussed doing so internally. Unfortunately there just isn't a way to do so without loosing huge amounts of money, the math just doesn't work out.

We try to make it very clear that "company X flew me here" with the understanding that it was comped and then say we have to test the vehicle back home for a much more clear understanding of how it stacks up to the competition.

Trust us, we could be far more lenient and less transparent on the OEM's and receive access FAR sooner than we do. From a business standpoint that would arguably be a much smarter approach. But is that ultimately fair to the consumer?

For example It has become quite difficult to receive test trucks now days from multiple OEM's because the companies know we will test the claims and there is always a risk for failure as there has been in the past.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope that "includes paid promotion" was for our Partner OnX off-road, there was an ad in that video and we are required to disclose it. As I said before we won't take payment from any vehicle manufacturer. Not Ford. Not Jeep. Not Kawasaki. None.
Had no idea what onx was so I just googled it... Now I have the app on my phone and a trial membership 😂 I hope they're still a partner and paying you!

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

you are not allowed to take payment. But you are allowed to stay in nice hotels , get merch and swag and get various "free" things from the company giving you exclusive access.
So does every other reviewer that Ford brought to Texas.

Also, do you think Loren Healy is unbiased, yet everyone on this site hangs on every word he says, even though Ford pays him gobs of money

Last edited:

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I always tell prospective employees, "One of the most valuable abilities you can have is availability".

Sponsored

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys on here think Tommy was the only one to receive this text from the jeep ceo? Jeep probably knew all those journalists would be there so timed it accordingly and sent out mass texts with the info drop.

Does not sway my decision to have ordered and wait for a Bronco. It is a Bronco or nothing for me.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am right here ya know ;)

I disagree, Everything we do has to be transparent.

Nope that "includes paid promotion" was for our Partner OnX off-road, there was an ad in that video and we are required to disclose it. As I said before we won't take payment from any vehicle manufacturer. Not Ford. Not Jeep. Not Kawasaki. None.
Congrats on the new jeep willys Tommy

bigdaddytommy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you guys on here think Tommy was the only one to receive this text from the jeep ceo? Jeep probably knew all those journalists would be there so timed it accordingly and sent out mass texts with the info drop.

Does not sway my decision to have ordered and wait for a Bronco. It is a Bronco or nothing for me.
There it is. Jeep surely waited to release that information because they knew where ALL the journalists were going to be that week as a way to disrupt the volume of Bronco talk that was going to be happening. And it worked- that’s marketing 101 and all it cost them was a text. With that said, I watch TFL for entertainment and information which I then use to make my own consumer decisions. Last thing, just because you have a preference doesn’t mean you’re biased. I want a Bronco and I don’t have to hate Jeeps to feel that way.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why can’t people just be happy for him he did get a nice Jeep in my opinion who cares if he chose jeep over bronco I never heard Tommy say anything bad about the bronco and maybe one day he will get a bronco too

Last edited:

Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have to laugh at those saying TFL is a jeep shill. His new Jeep that is paid for with his own money has roll down windows and manual locks for goodness sake. TFL and Jeep obviously didn't get the memo if there is some grand conspiracy to scratch each other's backs at the broncos expense.

I for one thinks he makes some valid points about weight, width and availability when comparing his decision making. Time for Broncos to get in the hands of consumers, hit the trails and see how they truly hold up in direct comparison to Jeep and over time.

I used to own a bronco, but I'm also used to own jeep and drove one for two weeks on vacation recently. I'm still all in on the bronco, it has nostalgia too it and is the right vehicle for me, especially as better daily driver, but there is definitely a similar soft spot in my heart for Jeep as a pure off-roader that has stood the test of time.

And there is certainly some things that I wish the new bronco had done differently and that I bet they improve upon fairly soon. Don't see why so many get upset over any small bronco criticism or jeep praise.

TFL is as good as it gets in social media. Keep up the good work!

BilletWilson

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Platinum Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

him having contact with the CEO isnt an issue and never was

him recording himself recieving a text from the jeep CEO while sitting in a ford bronco and saying "oh by the way this extremely popular selling point in this vehicle we are reviewing? guess what jeep has it too!" is pretty insane and bottom of the barrel as far as integrity goes.
I’ll bet you dollars to donuts, that text didn’t coincidentally come in right as he was doing the interview. That was his way of introducing it into the Sasquatch package conversation, he already had the info.

My only complaint is he could have stated that is not across all trims as it is with the Bronco. In his defense, that was early news about the Jeep and the availability may not have been known then.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think Tommy did a fine job explaining his reasons.

For those pissed that he read a text from the Jeep CEO announcing the new Recon package, let's not forget when Ford tried crashing the Easter Jeep Safari event. I thought that was pretty low and tasteless. I would say that's a little more severe than reading a text.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/convoy-of-ford-bronco-concepts-crashed-easter-jeep-safari/
so you agree, Tommy represents Jeep...lol. missing the point..as an "independent" journalist, he should not participate in the truck wars...he should just review them..which, I will watch his reviews, some, I do like. When it comes to Ford vs Jeep, you are right, I do not trust his or his father's opinion. Now, maybe I am being bias, I will admit. I have stated why I am tho..No hate to Tommy.

Last edited:

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

so you agree, Tommy represents Jeep...lol. missing the point..as an "independent" journalist, he should not participate in the truck wars...he should just review them..which, I will watch his reviews, some, I do like. When it comes to Ford vs Jeep, you are right, I do not trust his or his father's opinion. Now, maybe I am being bias, I will admit. I have stated why I am tho..No hate to Tommy.
🤷‍♂️. We are all entitled to our opinion, including Tommy, which is why he bought a jeep.
Sponsored