Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally get why people are upset. I mean you've had ALL this time to come up with a single "close to production" vehicle, and instead you do these amazing mock ups that you have no intention of producing.

Me and the Mrs. were actually going back and forth between the brown leather interior and the grayish one, because we loved them both. I have no intention of canceling my order because of it, but its mucho-lameo on Fords part.

And yes, since its the part I see/feel when I'm driving it, I want a nice interior. And maybe they'll still come through. But none of those pics in the other thread are coming close to the ones in the "reveal" video.
Sponsored

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can't expect things in prototypes to be in production vehicles. These are one off test models and may differ from prototype to prototype. The spec and features page is really the only safe bet, and later the build and price tool when they go live with it.
There Is a difference between prototypes people get spy shots of and the press vehicles you launch reservations on. They literally could have re-upholstered both cars in the time they had from the launch delay. This is just sloppy management. I don’t understand why people are making excuses for it just because the legal team made sure to put some asterisks on it.

Last edited:

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There Is a difference between prototypes people get spy shots of and the press vehicles you launch reservations on. They literally could have re-upholstered both cars in the time they had from the launch delay. This is just sloppy management. I don’t understand why people are making excuses for it just because the legal team made sure to out some asterisks on it.
This is true, it’s also true that you will be able to configure come December and get a full refund if you don’t like what you see. The other thing is, sourcing materials. What was readily available pre COVID vs now is massively different so while they could have reupholstered we don’t know everything involved. Teams around the world are running on Skelton crews and shipments are being held in ports overseas. Even the best planners can’t plan for every contingency, so even minor color changes because product x is no longer available can change things. I get it, I wasn’t going to throw money down if lockers were only available on the top models but releasing a vehicle, especially an icon during COVID is a complex multi faceted task. They may have had “all this time” but screwing up an icon would have been a disaster, add COVID and well...? I mean, the reservation is really contingent upon December right? I’m not trying to say people can’t be upset, like I said I get it.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is true, it’s also true that you will be able to configure come December and get a full refund if you don’t like what you see. The other thing is, sourcing materials. What was readily available pre COVID vs now is massively different so while they could have reupholstered we don’t know everything involved. Teams around the world are running on Skelton crews and shipments are being held in ports overseas. Even the best planners can’t plan for every contingency, so even minor color changes because product x is no longer available can change things. I get it, I wasn’t going to throw money down if lockers were only available on the top models but releasing a vehicle, especially an icon during COVID is a complex multi faceted task. They may have had “all this time” but screwing up an icon would have been a disaster, add COVID and well...? I mean, the reservation is really contingent upon December right? I’m not trying to say people can’t be upset, like I said I get it.
sorry, skeleton.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There Is a difference between prototypes people get spy shots of and the press vehicles you launch reservations on. They literally could have re-upholstered both cars in the time they had from the launch delay. This is just sloppy management. I don’t understand why people are making excuses for it just because the legal team made sure to put some asterisks on it.
Very common practice. And the prototypes/pre-production versions advertised for the launch of many global cars include features that won’t be offered in the US. Like the recent trend of replacing side mirrors with cameras, which is legal elsewhere, or even amber turn signals, which are required elsewhere.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't bother me.

I'll be pissed off if it turns out that "SKYE! No Manual, period", otherwise aftermarket takes care of everything, plus as long as it's not absolute crap, I don't mind

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

not sure if its better or worse, but pretty much all of those photos were renders anyway... or at least substantially processed. I doubt there is an actual car in existence with those seats
The interior exists
2021-bronco-2-inch-lift-kit-37-inch-tires-jpg.jpg

Too bad it's not available though.

Reactions: Axe

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also the light interior on original photo I saw it said contains some after market modifications as well. They didn't specify what it was. But the picture was been copy and pasted all over the net and that original message lost.
You can't believe what you see on the internet. Most of the info people are spewing is not from Ford, its is from forums and thus not absolute.
I bet some people will be unhappy with the bronco when they get it and will sell it right away. A friend did that with an 84 corvette, bought it for 25k sold it for 40k back in 83/84 when they first came out. Not saying the bronco will have that resale value but I expect them to be sold out for a while.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
not sure if its better or worse, but pretty much all of those photos were renders anyway... or at least substantially processed. I doubt there is an actual car in existence with those seats
They are both real cars unless they green-screened this video.

Reactions: Axe

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Super super disappointed that this isn't going to be available. What sold me was the gorgeous black and saddle interior. May have to hold off on my reservation :cry: Ford please pay attention here. I'd drop 50k in a second to get this interior, lol.

Sponsored

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Super super disappointed that this isn't going to be available. What sold me was the gorgeous black and saddle interior. May have to hold off on my reservation :cry: Ford please pay attention here. I'd drop 50k in a second to get this interior, lol.
Same... except for 64k Bc I reserved FE lol

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nobody has to defend your position, it is yours after all. This preproduction process, journey can be enjoyable, fun, and intriguing for people. It also can be upsetting, bothersome, or stressful to some. Whichever stable you find yourself in, there are no gates on the barn, and no fences around the stable.
We are as free to come as we are to go.

It's actually easier to get our $100 reservation back than it was to give it to Ford and that will be true up untill you sit in your Bronco, purchase or not, and drive it away or not.

Best wishes for both those that ultimately buy, as well as those that decide not to.

Kachopsticks

Black Diamond
First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ / Tacoma TRD Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ahhh damn, I have been trying to figure out what trim had this interior. It looked awesome. Why would they show a fake interior in a reveal video? Very disappointing. Maybe they will have something close to it.

NorthernBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335xi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems like if you really want that interior there will be the option to get it via the aftermarket. Not entirely sure they're doing anything wrong. I don't see you complaining about the fact that a 2" in lift and 37's aren't available from the factory (which were also shown on that model used for the promo iirc)
Sponsored