Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question:
This week is anyone receiving the "Your Bronco has SHIPPED" emails -

You wonder how much disruption is going on at Ford - this MIC fiasco has got to be a nightmare for the Bronco team -
Who knows. But as long as a single unit is on a truck, technically units are being shipped.

I would love to see how many reservations that converted to orders have actually been delivered.
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the updates!!!!
I have a 2 door ordered and with these roof issues....I am getting very disillusioned and concerned. I am a car perfectionist. I maintain my vehicles and keep them in an excellent condition. I will not settle for anything less than a perfect MIC top, especially on a $50K vehicle. WHY would FORD send these bad tops out to begin with? Are they going to do a better job of checking for these now known issues before they ever send a Bronco out to a Dealership? Now that these issues are known......we should see no more bad tops sent out......I would certainly hope so! It's been over a year and I really have no idea when I will get my Bronco....none. Despite Ford saying we would all have build dates by now. I passed up on a fully decked out Rubicon in a highly desired color last month....it's gone now (good for Ford!). At this rate..... the new Hummers may be out before I see my Bronco. Venting done but this quite frankly is getting old. I sure hope that FORD reads these comments!
Not defending Ford if they're sending out known defective tops, but I don't think removable tops are ever considered perfect. Looking at Jeeps they look more like a pickup topper. Obviously there are compromises to a removable roof.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question:
This week is anyone receiving the "Your Bronco has SHIPPED" emails -

You wonder how much disruption is going on at Ford - this MIC fiasco has got to be a nightmare for the Bronco team -

Yes, this morning. 2dr mic. Blend 7/19, built 7/20, shipped today. Think being a base is a big part of the rapid developments. Up-level reservations in limbo I think are still waiting on sins or something not mic-related at this point.

While I'm all for multi-billion dollar big three automakers taking the right, prudent steps with QC (and sparing warranty headaches down the road), if I were Ford by now in this thing some are still calling a launch, I'd be doing cursory comb thrus of tops and letting em run, which appears to be what they're doing.

Doubting I will notice any glaring cosmetic issues at delivery, but will be looking for sure. Leaks or noises TBD. Longer term, with mine under the Mojave sun, a year or less will tell what they may need to go back and pin on webasto to remedy.

Screenshot_20210721-083006_Gmail.jpg

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At this point, Ford needs to do a couple of things, in my uneducated, biased opinion;

* convert all orders to dual top
* ship orders with soft top (2dr and 4dr, all models)
* extend bumper to bumper warranty from 3y/36k to at least 5y/60k. Add an additional warranty coverage for all tops to 10y/100k from the date the hardtop is installed on the vehicle by the dealer.
* once hardtops are available, reach out to the owner and arrange for which dealer they would like top shipped to (e.g., some of us have moved across the country since we ordered). Upon hardtop arrival to the selected dealer, the dealer will remove the soft top, inspect the vehicle, and install the hardtop with all associated costs of install paid by Ford. All top costs are included in the order as previously arranged. Those who want to hold out for the other hard top can do so based on future availability with guarantee to do so. Cost upcharge for this top is negotiable, but, should not exceed an additional $500 over the existing hardtop cost.
* immediately extend 3y/36k scheduled service to Bronco owners.

For me, I would be willing to pay some money toward the dual top scenario described above. Call it $500. This deal would apply to all pre-March 19 orders and possibly later than that based on how long this top issue extends into the future unknown.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At this point, Ford needs to do a couple of things, in my uneducated, biased opinion;

* extend bumper to bumper warranty from 3y/36k to at least 5y/60k. Add an additional warranty coverage for all tops to 10y/100k from the date the hardtop is installed on the vehicle by the dealer.
* once hardtops are available, reach out to the owner and arrange for which dealer they would like top shipped to (e.g., some of us have moved across the country since we ordered). Upon hardtop arrival to the selected dealer, the dealer will remove the soft top, inspect the vehicle, and install the hardtop with all associated costs of install paid by Ford. All top costs are included in the order as previously arranged. Those who want to hold out for the other hard top can do so based on future availability with guarantee to do so. Cost upcharge for this top is negotiable, but, should not exceed an additional $500 over the existing hardtop cost.

For me, I would be willing to pay some money toward the dual top scenario described above. Call it $500. This deal would apply to all pre-March 19 orders and possibly later than that based on how long this top issue extends into the future unknown.
I’d just be fine with 5yr/60k bumper to bumper. It costs Ford nothing up front and they have time to build future warranty claims into their financials when year four and five hit.

Sponsored

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Keep up the good work!! According to Ford customer service, I began build today at 11:10. Haven’t heard anything or been able to pull up a window sticker, so I guess I’ll believe it when I see it!
I'm approximately same boat, build week of 7/19. I called Bronco number today and got cryptic answer to simple question if my Bronco getting built this week. She said she couldn't say much, and that all I'm waiting for is an delivery eta email. When I log into Ford.com it looks different, no sticker, just "contact your dealer" which I did.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to say it, but I asked my dealer to 99 my first evening 2 door MIC order.
I really don’t want to take delivery in the fall/winter in the Colorado off-roading offseason - and I have no news or build date in sight. That on top of these MIC issues that would completely drive me insane have taken me here. I’m absolutely not out of the game, I’m just throwing the towel in on a ‘21. I just hope cyber orange is still a color choice next year!
I don't really want a Nov/Dec '21 build, either, but I still think there's time to potentially get a build, so I'm holding off before I go 99. I've said it enough to sound like a broken record, but had Ford just called them all '22s, that would eliminate the issue of people getting "old" '21s. Why take a resale value hit for only a month or so?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who cross shop and see new opportunities, they will be running toward the event.
For me, there was/is no cross-shop. Neither Wrangler nor any of the other mentioned competition are a consideration. If I ever get to the point where I bail out (not something I currently envision), we will probably find a convertible car. :) The most likely scenario is that if we get too close to the end of '21 production and no build date is in sight, I'll punt (99) to a '22 build.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For me, there was/is no cross-shop. Neither Wrangler nor any of the other mentioned competition are a consideration. If I ever get to the point where I bail out (not something I currently envision), we will probably find a convertible car. :) The most likely scenario is that if we get too close to the end of '21 production and no build date is in sight, I'll punt (99) to a '22 build.
It is very understandable to use this waiting time wisely. That involves reexamining decisions leading up to the desire to order a Bronco. For me, a Ranger Raptor in 2022 or 2023 would be very tempting. If I do not have a Bronco by summer of 2022, my goals may shift toward the Ranger Raptor. I could live with that. :)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MAP may very well be doing a good job pumping out Broncos, but if they are just taking up space in several lots waiting for tops, what's the point? By all reports, Broncos built in June are still waiting for good tops, as well as almost everyone built after it.

It is great that MAP is doing their part though.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

While you're asking for the moon, why not ask for 60 months car payments included, too. 💀

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

MAP may very well be doing a good job pumping out Broncos, but if they are just taking up space in several lots waiting for tops, what's the point? By all reports, Broncos built in June are still waiting for good tops, as well as almost everyone built after it.

It is great that MAP is doing their part though.
That isn't remotely true, yes a lot of us with build dates from middle to end of June have been held up or are still held up, but Broncos coming off the line recently seem to have been shipping in a much more timely matter.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That isn't remotely true, yes a lot of us with build dates from middle to end of June have been held up or are still held up, but Broncos coming off the line recently seem to have been shipping in a much more timely matter.

Not remotely true? I guess I should link the 10 or so threads of everyone still stuck in production well after their Bronco was built, but I imagine you've seen plenty of them. Soft tops may be shipping and the occasional MIC, but there are plenty of Broncos sitting around just waiting.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not remotely true? I guess I should link the 10 or so threads of everyone still stuck in production well after their Bronco was built, but I imagine you've seen plenty of them. Soft tops may be shipping and the occasional MIC, but there are plenty of Broncos sitting around just waiting.
My reading of your post is that you were claiming all MIC tops weren't shipping even after those of us who have been held up, I have seen posts of quick shipping over last 2 weeks of production with mic tops.

The back log? not so much, glad mine is on its way after being in the holdup

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My reading of your post is that you were claiming all MIC tops weren't shipping even after those of us who have been held up, I have seen posts of quick shipping over last 2 weeks of production with mic tops.

Did I say all? Obviously some have gotten good tops. If the posts on here for builds of MIC from mid June to now are any indication though, it's not near as many as you seem to be claiming. Maybe those of us still stuck in production are just the vocal minority.

Glad to hear yours has made it out of parking lot jail though!
Sponsored