First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
just out of curiosity, do you know the number to customer service? I'm sure this question has been asked and I'm assuming there are multiple answers...Thank you for your time.
Helps to have your window sticker handy
Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Christ. My dealer said it's built and waiting to ship when I had to discuss some things on Saturday... FWIW, my sales guy isn't the most keen on the inside track on Bronco, so who knows.
i've been in the same holding pattern, seems like building them is easier than shipping them..

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paper honeycombs is one reason I would not want water getting inside the hardtop structure via unsealed or delaminated edges. Any water that manages to find it's way to the paper could spell trouble over time. The idea of the design sounds worthwhile, but hopefully the execution and durability is there for the longer haul.
What makes you think the honeycomb in the hardtop is paper and not composite?

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know how today/tonight's production is going at MAP?

Sponsored

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this morning. 2dr mic. Blend 7/19, built 7/20, shipped today. Think being a base is a big part of the rapid developments. Up-level reservations in limbo I think are still waiting on sins or something not mic-related at this point.

While I'm all for multi-billion dollar big three automakers taking the right, prudent steps with QC (and sparing warranty headaches down the road), if I were Ford by now in this thing some are still calling a launch, I'd be doing cursory comb thrus of tops and letting em run, which appears to be what they're doing.

Doubting I will notice any glaring cosmetic issues at delivery, but will be looking for sure. Leaks or noises TBD. Longer term, with mine under the Mojave sun, a year or less will tell what they may need to go back and pin on webasto to remedy.

Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 8117pz6WsDL._AC_SS450_
I am happy for you but also pissed. Mine was built over a week ago and no email. Aggravating

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, this morning. 2dr mic. Blend 7/19, built 7/20, shipped today. Think being a base is a big part of the rapid developments. Up-level reservations in limbo I think are still waiting on sins or something not mic-related at this point.
You'd think that is the case, but it isn't.
baseBase 2.3 manual
Supposedly went down the line on the 14th/15th .... still waiting on a "built status".

I suppose it could be a trucking issue. I'm 3.5 hours away by car, EASY drive towards Chicago.
Well, as easy as Michigan's SHITTY roads will allow. Lol

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3500 Ram Limited, 2017 Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enough about bad roofs, late scheduling, and multi-week gate holds to check the roof panels, okay? The fine men and women of MAP are ramping up at an exciting pace to get as many of your builds out the door as possible.

The current pace of production is seeing nearly 900 units daily roll off of final assembly as we sit just 2 weeks away from "full blend" line speed. That 900 figure is split between Bronco and Ranger, currently running about a 60/40 split. Bronco's body shop has been pushing out as many as 300 rigs per shift, as they are running ahead of final a bit on speed. Units are only going to paint when there is room for them on final after, so there will be some ebb and flow here.

We've all been let down by the issues surrounding the MIC tops - my own included - and I have to believe that there is a fix in the works. All I can say for certain is that issues are being documented thoroughly and I expect some customer-facing movement on this soon.

As you've seen, production mix for the coming months is shifting outside of demand for hard tops (and all 2 door units). There was optimism in the last 6 weeks when output at the Plymouth plant ticked up a bit, but the multiple issues with delivered roof units has popped that balloon quite quickly. I can't say for sure what the final mix will be, but dealers are being asked to program retail stock builds (all 4 door soft tops, mostly base and Big Bend trims) so that MAP has a pool of backup builds in case they run out of buildable units. They will NOT build appreciable stock units IF there are buildable customer units in the queue. It's just a matter of what they're able to build.

IF you're lucky enough to get a hard top Bronco delivered, document the heck out of your roof at delivery. Take pictures of the entire inside and outside in detail. Note any inconsistencies - however small - so the dealer has record of it for when a solution becomes available.

The more I hear from my folks and spend time watching how my roof is reacting to everyday use, it's becoming sadly apparent that the design might only work if manufacturing were 100% perfect.. and even then it's iffy. Specifically, the raw edges where all 3 layers are cross-sectioned is just begging for material loss from the core (mine has happened in a pretty dramatic fashion in the last 3 weeks), leaving little cavities where water can accumulate and cause havoc when the weather shifts.

Annoying roof issues aside - that I'm confident Ford will address - these rigs are sweet. They're fun an engaging to drive, they're comfortable to live with, they do what you ask them to without any protest, and they catch the eye of everyone around you.

Added:

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.

Q&A:

With all that I've been told (much of which I've shared with you, but certainly not all), the part is very difficult to manufacture under ideal conditions, and some of the final design designs - notably the raw exposed cut edges - are questionable.

That Webasto is an absolute dumpster fire (and that's insulting to campus parties down the street at THE Ohio State University) just took a small issue and turned it nuclear.
Thanks for the thorough update, appreciating the time line gives me more of an idea of how to move forward and understand what to expect.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't really want a Nov/Dec '21 build, either, but I still think there's time to potentially get a build, so I'm holding off before I go 99. I've said it enough to sound like a broken record, but had Ford just called them all '22s, that would eliminate the issue of people getting "old" '21s. Why take a resale value hit for only a month or so?
same deal here...if I don't get a build date for October at the latest I'm just going to 99 the order. Maybe that will give the morons at Webasto time to fix their rotting hardtops. For all we know every MIC top that's rolled through so far will be affected by deterioration within weeks.

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build status for 7/19 has been sitting at "In Production" for almost a week with no updates, is this a normal experience others been having? I never received any emails or anything from ford at all. I just happened to see all this on my own.. Is this common?

Screenshot_20210718-143830_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My build status for 7/19 has been sitting at "In Production" for almost a week with no updates, is this a normal experience others been having? I never received any emails or anything from ford at all. I just happened to see all this on my own.. Is this common?

Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 Screenshot_20210718-143830_Chrome
“In production” since 7-1

ApexNCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
The Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Jglaven yea its common and this entire thread is people posting there perspective and timelines. If you start at page one the creator posted a great read and then the following replies will catch you up to speed. Happy reading...don't let it get you not HYPED about your BRONCO as the saying goes..."Build it and we will buy it"

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Webasto’s description on their website. It’s linked earlier in this thread. It’s a paper honeycomb.
Can you please provide the specific link? It’s a 30-page thread.
Sponsored