Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gray. I’m an “all things gray” person.
Nice they got a premium grey I seen it’s like 1500 option that looks amazing but I think it’s one of those paints were you can’t wax it like a matte
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you look at your app to see what codes set?

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goes Over Any Terrain - well, except Sand. Should be "Goes half-ass over some terrain".. ., otherwise known as Ghost Mode.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Supra is nice but I’d wait for the Nissan protoz a Nissan insider let slip it’s supposed to start at 34995 and come with 400 horsepower
The rear end is special. The grill though. Surely there’ll be a fix. My dad had a 77 280z;
What a cool car.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

got me thinking it might be a better idea for me to just keep my ZR2 that I bought 6 months ago, and take the money I've saved for a down payment, and put it into lifting the truck and putting 35's on it and re-gearing it.

Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Roush has had a bronco out on the dunes several times this past spring, early summer. They beat the snot out of it with no issues that I'm aware of, I wouldn't be to worried about it.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds likely to be a wiring harness/cable connector issue. All the sensor fail safes will put the vehicle into limp mode, but won't shut it down completely. That is done for safety reasons. The other faults were likely just a result of those systems no longer communicating and had nothing to do with it.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the Bronco tow pack have trailer sway control by chance? I don't think it does....
Trailer sway control is built in and not part of the tow package.

USBDLNDS123

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the off rodeo they beat the hell out of these daily on the fast course. I sunk one of these in the mud while I was there no issues. Maybe as someone mentioned that it’s just an issue from the line or needs an update🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.
@flip is a forum sponsor, and he is trying to help you here, but he needs to know your VIN in order to do so.

If you activated your modem and give me your VIN I can run OASIS to see if there are any codes…
Most of you know that I’m a dealer, my area of responsibility is parts, service and body.

When you bring your vehicle in for service at a Ford store a report called OASIS (online automotive service information system). This report has a bunch of info like build and warranty start dates, recalls, warranty repair history, technical service bulletins (TSB), special service messages (SSM) along with limited connected vehicle data if your modem is activated.

Ford engineering has put a special message in OASIS for Broncos asking that issues be directly reported so they can look for trends and get on top of things quickly. I am asking everyone that has taken delivery to get into your dealer ASAP when a warning light, water leak, driveability concern or anything else that you think is abnormal. Do not brush problems off as “break-in” period gremlins, there is no such animal.

Getting issues to engineering quickly helps you as well as future Bronco owners. I know it’s not always convenient to get into service but in order for Ford to fix their issues they need the data. PSA over, thanks for your attention.

This is the message that comes up on OASIS.

oasismsg-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice they got a premium grey I seen it’s like 1500 option that looks amazing but I think it’s one of those paints were you can’t wax it like a matte
Shhhhh… You’re not allowed to mention wax in here..🤫

Haha.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We always knew that Ford was going copy some features from Jeep. But I didn’t realize they were going to copy all of the problems too!! 😅😂🤣
Yes, but the Jeep is usually polite enough to tell you it's going to shut the engine off.😁
A few people have had battery issues and get a warning to "pull to the side of the road as soon as possible. Engine shut down eminent'. Very polite.

Seriously though, a shut down without any warning is bothersome to say the least - the tow, abs and advancetrac warnings would not make me believe the engine was about to shut off. As others have said the check engine light will be the source.
But it has always been my understanding that the 'yellow' CE means get a system check soon, but you're still in a drivable vehicle. A 'RED'(or flashing) CE means a failure is eminent, pull over immediately...
The warnings he received should not have shut down the vehicle.

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip is a forum sponsor, and he is trying to help you here, but he needs to know your VIN in order to do so.
We good, just keeping some off the board for privacy. Nothing top secret or bad, just little of importance to report yet.

Giordiesel

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

IMG_5314.jpg
Warranty issue all the way, your dealer is a moron
Sponsored