Sponsored

Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning.

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The V8 is NEVER going to happen...the CAFE regulations won't allow for it.

Is freaking 494 horsepower and 630 lb-ft of torque not enough for you? I'm going with 8:1 odds the Warthog is getting the Aviator PHEV 3L Ecoboost and I'm sure its going to have its wick turned up if needed.

The rumored V8 Wrangler would only have 450HP....
What makes you think that? There are 392s sold every single day on Challengers and Chargers. Do people not know this? Seriously go on AT and type in Scat Pack review. There are many. And they are pretty cheap. My dealer has one for 37K now.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let the Manual drivers worry about the clutch just give us the option. Why do you care how heavy the clutch would be when you are clearly ready for the automatic?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once again. Go drive a Shelby 350 or Z07 Corvette. Or SRT dodge. The clutch is very heavy.
Did you miss the thread I linked where Hellcat drivers thought the clutch was light, or even lighter than it should be? The clutch on my racecar is rated for 475 ft-lb. Is it heavier than what was on my little Focus hatch? Sure! Can I DD it every day in town, on the highway, and in traffic? 100% yes. It's not a problem.

And those are very light cars.
lolololol

No one in the history of the entire universe up to this point has ever ever EVER called a Hellcat a "very light car." It weighs as much as a 4 door Rubicon.

Its not about engine torque. Itā€™s RESISTANCE!
Yep, and how much resistance does a prepared drag strip surface present when a Hellcat launches its way to a 1.5 sec 60 foot and a 10 second quarter mile? Do you have a made up number for that one too?

You've given no reason why a transmission rated for 410 ft-lb is good enough for a Bronco with 310 ft-lb (30% overhead), but that same transmission scaled up to handle 590 ft-lb can't take care of 400 ft-lb (47% overhead).

Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

3 No hybrid/PHEV/EV. That is coming later. As soon as next fall. As late as 2023. We have seen leaks and reps have said itā€™s coming. Patients.
Question about leaks you've seen about it... was it for a hybrid or an EV, or is it impossible to tell at this point? There's a big difference. I have heard about a possible hybrid. Nothing about an EV.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have been seeing a lot of complaining on here and I just wanted to clarify a lot.

1 No SFA. (Not a huge complaint from most)
Most die hard rock crawlers are die hard jeep fans. Hence why ford went after the other 90% of the off road market and went after the Parking Lot Warriors. And if you are worried about articulation the RTI (which is the rating of articulation) is 700 for Bronco 730 for Wrangler. Itā€™s so close you wonā€™t notice.

2 No V8. A V8 will never come to the Bronco from the factory. Aftermarket SURE if you want to spend serious money for that v8 roar. The ecoboost line up will have MORE than enough balls to handle 35ā€s even the little 4 banger.

3 No hybrid/PHEV/EV. That is coming later. As soon as next fall. As late as 2023. We have seen leaks and reps have said itā€™s coming. Patients.

4 No Raptor. (Warthog) again coming later. Similar time line to hybrid. (Could even BE the Hybrid) we know little. Other than it will be bad ass!

5 No manual with Sasquatch and/or V6. Thatā€™s due to durability. Moving that much torque and moving those big wheels is going to put a lot of stress on the transmission especially the clutch. Sure they could make a HD transmission, but that would be horrible for road use. Odds are less than 15,000 manual Broncos will be sold annually. Not enough to just multiple set ups.

6 seats donā€™t fold flat.
I think thereā€™s more to the story. I think you have to do multiple steps to get the seats flat. On my 2005 Focus you had to fold the seat bottoms forward then the backs down to get them to fold completely flat. It looks like those seats have more to offer.

7 a la carte options
Ford put out those package lists to see what people like and what people want. These options are DEFINITELY not finalized. This INCLUDES interior packages of color and seat and floor combos. There is still a whole lot more to come in this department and we have only seen the beginning.

8 ā€œSubscription Navigationā€. This is a package with the LTE. You get the Mobile hotspot, wireless CarPlay and AAuto. And fords navigation system that Includes all the popular off road trails as well as the ability to make your own trail and share it! Regular USB Based phone connection is standard.

9. No diesel...
I love a big coal roller. But a small oil burner in a small truck makes zero sense. Cost way to much up front and cost a lot to keep running. Yea slightly more torque is cool. But itā€™s just not worth the cost. And the hoops for ford to jump threw for the EPA is to high for the low take rate (10,000 maybe)

10 low towing.

You can either have a good off road platform or good towing. Not both. The suspension is what makes the difference. Tight hard suspension = good towing bad off road.
Soft suspension. Bad towing good offroad and comfortable on road.

You canā€™t have both.

So any of those complaints arenā€™t really worth you time right now. Give it a few more months and we WILL know a lot more. You have until DECEMBER it sounds like to change your mind on everything from dealer, trim, option engine etc. so please be patient. We have 4 more months to let ford tell us everything.

We already know SOOOO much. Body panels removable with ease. So many different accessories and the aftermarket is going to EXPLODE with options in a couple months. This is only the beginning people. More is to come in the next few months and next few years.

Ford KILLED it and blew most people expectations (including mine) out of the water even after the 5 years of build up, hype and leaks.
You forgot paint colors and a white top. 11 & 12 :LOL:

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you miss the thread I linked where Hellcat drivers thought the clutch was light, or even lighter than it should be? The clutch on my racecar is rated for 475 ft-lb. Is it heavier than what was on my little Focus hatch? Sure! Can I DD it every day in town, on the highway, and in traffic? 100% yes. It's not a problem.

lolololol

No one in the history of the entire universe up to this point has ever ever EVER called a Hellcat a "very light car." It weighs as much as a 4 door Rubicon.

Yep, and how much resistance does a prepared drag strip surface present when a Hellcat launches its way to a 1.5 sec 60 foot and a 10 second quarter mile? Do you have a made up number for that one too?

You've given no reason why a transmission rated for 410 ft-lb is good enough for a Bronco with 310 ft-lb (30% overhead), but that same transmission scaled up to handle 590 ft-lb can't take care of 400 ft-lb (47% overhead).

1 difference between paved road and sticky drag strip is marginal in the equation.

2 Did you miss the whole 60lbft to move the Hellcat and 101lbft for a bronco.
Doesnā€™t matter how fast down a drag strip. Itā€™s 10000% only that 1 second during initial clutch engagement.

3 you hit the nail on the head. ā€œCan be scaled up.ā€ Yes. Any transmission Can be scaled up to handle anything but there are 2 huge reasons why not.

1 it wouldnā€™t be nice to drive off road and on road.
2 COST. they will likely sell less than 10,000 manuals each year (even if it was available for every trim every motor) so why would any manufacturer make 2-3 different manual transmissions for <10,000 cars?

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question about leaks you've seen about it... was it for a hybrid or an EV, or is it impossible to tell at this point? There's a big difference. I have heard about a possible hybrid. Nothing about an EV.
The leaked photo was of the dash showing Electrical coaching. Meaning it has an electrical motor and sizable battery.

Just question is. EV? Or PHEV?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesnā€™t matter how fast down a drag strip. Itā€™s 10000% only that 1 second during initial clutch engagement.
I guess you're not familiar with drag racing and how 60' times work.

3 you hit the nail on the head. ā€œCan be scaled up.ā€ Yes. Any transmission Can be scaled up to handle anything
No, Getrag-Ford's documentation specifically calls out the scaling of this transmission.

1 it wouldnā€™t be nice to drive off road and on road.
There's literally no reason why this is true.

2 COST. they will likely sell less than 10,000 manuals each year (even if it was available for every trim every motor) so why would any manufacturer make 2-3 different manual transmissions for <10,000 cars?
Yes, that's my argument. You're trying to say there are technical limitations, and I'm trying to say that it's 100% financial.

Stop trying to make superfluous excuses for Ford.
Sponsored